LCVG
Paul

Madden 10 LCVG Franchise League

Must be a Giants thing.

Maybe if he was actually playing the Giants.;)

I have a hard enough time winning at this fucking game, based off my own skill and strategy, without these random chance game-changing things (penalties, fumbles) being inserted for drama

I don't disagree one bit. I enjoy this years game a ton (though I'll admit to not having played it in the past week or so) but the rubberband AI is annoying. Anyone familiar with racing games knows what that means. It's when you're dominating an opponent in a race but the AI decides that it needs to keep things close so it "rubberbands" or warps the competition close to you. The frustrating part is when you lose to that rubberbanding AI despite kicking the crap out of everyone for the whole race.

That is by far my biggest complaint in this years Madden. I've had several games where I've gone into the half with a fairly good lead only to have the AI decide that it's time for my one of my players to fumble the ball or for the AI team to go ahead and break a run despite there being 7 guys tackling an RB that has no business breaking that many defenders. Listen, I can deal with Marion Barber or Adrian Peterson breaking off 6-7 guys. Willie Parker? Reggie Bush? Gimme a break. It's frustrating as hell.

I'm far from a great Madden player. I'll gladly blame myself for shitty throws that result in interceptions etc (something I do often) or for having the ball stripped when I should have been securing it but boy it pisses me off when the game just decides you're doing too good and needs to put you back in your place.:wtf

Man, sometimes I wonder if I own the same game. Other than the Holding penalties on kicks, I have seen none of these issues. The only time the A.I. is ever able to mount some kind of comeback is because of mistakes I made. Weird.

-Dean-

Man, sometimes I wonder if I own the same game. Other than the Holding penalties on kicks, I have seen none of these issues. The only time the A.I. is ever able to mount some kind of comeback is because of mistakes I made. Weird.

-Dean-

I have probably played 20 games and the only thing I found weird was the retarded amount of penalties on extra points. As far as fumbles, you are more prone on spin moves. Could that be the problem?

I do not use the "protect ball" bumper button, I'm trying to do it now. Are you supposed to hold it or tap it.

Keith, I never use it to be honest.

I beat the Broncos 35-3 and they were never in the game at all but when I played the Chiefs, they seemed unstoppable in the first half, just dominating me. I changed my defense from mostly zone to man to man and they never scored another point until the very end.

I think the QB's are still too accurate but I have yet to lose a fumble(really) and while I do average about an interception a game, I haven't felt cheated with them like I did last year with the super LB's. (besides, so does Romo)

I have seen alot of complaints about rubberband AI, so I won't say its not there, but it seems when I have had a problem, adjusting the way I play has helped.

Oh, and the holding calls on kicks is just ridiculous, not a gamebreaker, but still should be fixed.

I do not use the "protect ball" bumper button, I'm trying to do it now. Are you supposed to hold it or tap it.

Hold it.

On the Rubber band AI and Protect Ball topics,... Rubber Band AI is absolutely present, and because of the Rubber Band AI I use the Protect Ball button quite regularly. When I have the lead I'm very aware that the AI is going to force turnovers, and I feel that Protect Ball is a necessary part of game play, and I haven't fumbled when using it.

I've never fumbled using it, until today that is!

Naturally I use Protect Ball most liberally when I have the lead and/or late in games, and ironically, today I used it on the first play of the game and fumbled the ball! :banghead

I had David Watson wide open, he caught the ball and I turned down field with nothing but an itty-bitty little cornerback between me and the end zone.

When playing aggressively and for the lead I would generally juke, spin or truck the defender, and in this case with the Goliath like Watson bearing down on such an undersized corner 99% of the time I would simply truck his ass into the turf and rumble toward the end zone.

I'm not sure why I didn't truck. I'm not sure why I chose to protect the ball. Of course the stupidest thing possible happened, that same undersized corner managed to dislodge the ball from Godzilla's hands. WTF! :furious Silly shit to say the least!

On a side note, this game was my league game, which I manged to lose despite outplaying the CPU. How? Rubber Band AI forcing stupid events, of course!

Ironically, I nearly stole the game due to the same Rubber Band AI. The CPU had the ball with less than a minute on the clock, and I had no time outs.

The CPU took a knee on down number one, and then inexplicably ran the ball on second down, fumbling the ball to me in the process, of course. LAME!

Well, I ran it back for seven and the game! Wha-hoo!

Opps, wait, what's that?

A booth replay!

The play gets overturned. The CPU, who should have been taking a knee instead of running the ball, managed to get one knee down before fumbling.

CPU takes a knee on third down, game over.

Patch number 1 is in certification and could be available next week. A list of the fixes.

-Added Super Bowl and Playoff field conditions in Online Franchise

-Fixed false start griefing issue with online games

-Fixed video player issues (sometimes video would hang) in Online area

-Improved quality of uploaded video highlights

-Switched ranked online games to seven minute quarters

-Random stability fixes

-Added broadcast camera

-Tuned slider effectiveness

-Made fatigue affect ratings more

-Tuned broken tackle chances

-Reduced/removed holding on kick attempts

-Improved-toe drag catch logic

-General pursuit improvements

-Man coverage improvements

-Fixed double pass online exploit

It covers alot of the complaints we have had and there is a second one in the works that will be more gameplay related. You can also watch a video FAQ that talks about the patch and covers alot of concerns people have had right here.

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/09/09/madden-nfl-10-faq.aspx

The only other thing I have run in to against the cpu is when they go in to hurry up my players arent getting back to the line of scrimmage and I'm getting offsides penalties. I know this does happen in real life but it seems like it happens a little too often.

I'll have to look to see if I have a human opponent. Apologies for slacking on my game playing duties for the comp events. I've just been caught in other games etc.

If you're playing me this week, let me know. I'll promise to never miss a person to person game.

I'll have to look to see if I have a human opponent. Apologies for slacking on my game playing duties for the comp events. I've just been caught in other games etc.

If you're playing me this week, let me know. I'll promise to never miss a person to person game.

Yeah, I usually check the schedule but I was whipped last night. I will look at it later and post.

The slacking has seemed to help as the G-Men are now 4-2, same goes for Joey with the Steelers.

Edited by Paul

It's later. Only one PvP this week, G-Men against the undefeated Cardinals. Ravens are on bye and still undefeated. Sunday night 11pm is when week 7 will be advanced.

I have to stop playing my league games cold turkey. I've lost my last two games. I didn't play any games in between, practice or otherwise, and the rust has shown in each loss.

Let me know when you want to play Pack.

Kind of a busy weekend... I'll check to see if you are online when I'm free.

Unless you're available now...