LCVG
JoeyN

Fall 2009 Season TV Discussion

I liked Flash Forward, a good first episode to keep people hooked. The last few minutes, and the preview for the season got me excited to see where they go with it. Only thing I found hokey was the gas tank exploding. That scene played out too much like lost.

I just noticed that Dexter Season 4 is available for Netflix subscribers streamed to PC or Xbox 360 gold members starting this Monday, the day after it airs on Showtime. Great feature for those who don't subscribe to SHO. Such a twisted show, and Jennifer Carpenter's swearing -makes me burst into laughter sometimes...she's great.

I also caught the new season premier of Curb Your Enthusiasm the other day. Boy did I miss Larry!

Edited by Dan B.

Well, we are enjoying Community, it's a pretty funny show thus far. I had a hunch it might be pretty good, and so far it's been even better than I anticipated.

... Joel McHale, in particular, was very good. And Chevy Chase played a very small part, which is good, as I feel his charm and comedic talents have decreased over the years.

I agree with your point, and yet interestingly Chevy played a bit larger role this week, and I thought he really recaptured some of earlier career mojo. He had us laughing a number of times. If he can continue the renaissance, while still allowing Joel to carry the show, this series should really take off. :tu

If you guys have missed the first couple of episodes, check them out!

I agree with your point, and yet interestingly Chevy played a bit larger role this week, and I thought he really recaptured some of earlier career mojo. He had us laughing a number of times. If he can continue the renaissance, while still allowing Joel to carry the show, this series should really take off. :tu

I agree, the second episode was really good, and showed the potential of the show. My girlfriend loved the "Spanish Rap" they played over the closing credits, she made me rewind it and play it again. :)

I just noticed that Dexter Season 4 is available for Netflix subscribers streamed to PC or Xbox 360 gold members starting this Monday, the day after it airs on Showtime. Great feature for those who don't subscribe to SHO.

:hyper

I just noticed that Dexter Season 4 is available for Netflix subscribers streamed to PC or Xbox 360 gold members starting this Monday, the day after it airs on Showtime. Great feature for those who don't subscribe to SHO.

Any guesses why seasons 1, 2 and now apparently 4 are available on "Watch it Now", but not season 3? It came out on DVD a few weeks ago...strange.

Sons of Anarchy; The visual representation of how 9-5 biker bad asses imagine themselves as they troll around on weekends making really obnoxious noise with their bikes, assuming everyone who looks at them is thinking that they are awesome or that the people should cower in fear.

;)

Are you sure it's going to be for the whole season? To me it looks like it's just going to be for the season premiere... and that's it. (Which I believe they've done with other shows)

But if they are, then I need to catch up fast. I haven't had the chance to watch season 3 yet...

Are you sure it's going to be for the whole season? To me it looks like it's just going to be for the season premiere... and that's it. (Which I believe they've done with other shows)

But if they are, then I need to catch up fast. I haven't had the chance to watch season 3 yet...

I know with "Big Brother" this year, they had the episodes up the day after they aired. I hope that's the case with Dexter.

I haven't seen most of How I met Your Mother, but for fans of the show Rachael Bilson is going to be showing up on the 100th episode. Could she be the one?

That's the rumour. I don't know how it's going to work if that's the case. The show's got a few good years left in it, so unless they have a ending season planned like Lost, I'm not too keen on that idea.

House this week was really good, I knew the show was good but I'm glad to see that the formula element of the show has been shaken up a bit and the show's a bit more fresh than the standard episodic series it seemed like when I first saw it, a lot more dramatic twists and turns than it looked like it'd have originally, which I like

Heroes is ok, it's not as good as first season yet but it's still early in the season - I still have hope for the show, production values are still up there and the actors are still delivering solid performances, I just hope the new storyline's direction will revive the series for me

Eureka's first episode was pretty neat - though the "fire the sheriff at the end of every season/find an excuse to rehire him at the start of the next" thing is getting a bit old ;p

Fringe has been pretty good. And this weeks episode looks like it'll hit the sweet spot that I've been looking forward to for a while.

Smallville is having a bit of an upswing, though it still doesn't appeal as much as it did earlier in the show

All in all the dramatic shows I'm watching have some of the best casts on TV in recent years, and excellent writing so I'm pretty happy - it's a far cry from the blight of reality tv that I've tried to avoid for a few years (sorry to reality tv fans :P)

I also really enjoyed the premiere of Stargate Universe, (cast seems good, I really like the Eli character(for no apparent reason) and the machivalliean head-scientist played by Tim Roth(sp?)) Doesn't seem like a BSG ripoff to me, though it's very different from the rest of the Stargate universe, though it has some nice nods to the older content. The keno(sp) also seem kinda neat and the ship itself is pretty interesting (shades of a classic cheese cable sci fi show I used to watch back in the 80s - can never remember the name of it though)

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the season premieres

I enjoyed SGU as well. Most of the cast is on twitter because of David Blue(Eli) who was a big fan of the franchise before becoming a cast member.

Thats neat, I hope the show picks up and does well, it does seem promising so far

Hopefully they'll find a way to throw the occassional bone to the classic casts though, the franchise has had so many great cast members it'd be a shame to not give them the odd cameo. I was really glad to see Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping and Michael Shanks get cameos (especially the cameo Michael Shanks got - it was priceless)

A few of them get cameos coming up because of the Ancient communiation devices. However I rather the first few seasons before just the new people. Leave the Direct to Video movies for SG1 and Atlantis.

House this week was really good, I knew the show was good but I'm glad to see that the formula element of the show has been shaken up a bit and the show's a bit more fresh than the standard episodic series it seemed like when I first saw it, a lot more dramatic twists and turns than it looked like it'd have originally, which I like

I'll second that :) I only started with house near the beginning of last season and thought it was good, but so formulaic. But I love how last season ended and so far this season is nice and interesting. Hope they can keep it up.

After watching Epitath One i thought season 2 of dollhouse would start moving quicker towards that story. Episode one was good, but the second was soso. Cant blame fox for it this time. This show really should have been on Wb, scifi or Usa

I don't see how Dollhouse can survive if Stargate Universe, a cable show, can cream it in the ratings in the same time frame.

I still don't understand how it came back from cancellation last season. It's like the little show that can't die!

How was Stargate Universe? I didn't see it playing on any of the HD stations I get with Bell (in Canada) so I didn't watch :/

It was really good. It was the highest rating for the franchise in 5 years on scifi, and the highest rated show ever on space in canada.