LCVG
Romier S

Saying goodbye to a longtime friend - Covak

WOW.

I'm stunned. I didnt know Covak personally, never meet him in real life. But I remember playing with him when I played with you guys. He was a cool guy. I think he was there for my famous "ladder" accident in Rainbow Six Vegas.

My deepest sympathies go out to a fallen commrade. :(

We should meet in a halo 3 room and give him a 21 gun salute.

Terrible news. I probably only played a game or two with hum, so I can't speak to his online prowess. But I do know he was a conscientious and friendly stalwart of the boards. My sincerest sympathies to his family and close friends.

Covak's LCVG signature made me smile a bit,...

General Zot: Do not compare yourself to Covak. He (it) is a viral computer experiment gone awry that has become sentient and now plays xbox 360 games 24/7. Your human abilities simply cannot compete.

Very sad to hear this. I didn't know Covak very well at all. The times I played with him I was always blown away by his skills and by what a nice guy he seemed to be. Visiting this forum is always one of the highlights of my day, and like Keith, his is one of the names that jumps to mind when I think of this forum.

My heartfelt condolences to his friends and family.

I am... stunned. No, didn't know him beyond here, but the name was instantly recognizable to me. Man... 30 is simply much, much too young.

My thoughts and prayers to his family, friends.

Wow, that was a real punch in the teeth to see today.

Didn't know Covak well at all, but I certainly played more than a few games with him. I don't think calling him the best gamer on this forum would be much of a reach. And if I missed somebody better than him, he's at least the top two.

Much sadness, can't imagine how hard that is for his family.

Just as it is with most everyone else here, I knew/recognized Covak by nickname/avatar. It's sad that I won't see him posting anymore.

My sincerest condolences to his family, friends, and everyone who knew him (online and off)

This thread should be stickied. I had some good times online with Covak back in the day. I will get that pinata in Viva Pinata 2 and name it Covak. :(

-Dean-

It's stickied in two other locations on the forum. It will be stickied here in a few days. I find that folks tend to ignore the stickied threads as opposed to the ones on the active list of threads and I didn't want this to be ignored for obvious reasons.

I didn't know him that well, but to just have one of our LCVG brothers pass, and so young.. so sad. What a shock simply reading this thread title. My sincere condolences to his family.

To say I am shocked hear this news would be a huge understatement. Covak was one of my longest online buddies. We hung out in the same IRC channel starting in the mid-90s where we were both big into the multiplayer scenes for Outlaws and Interstate '76. In the Xbox era I played lots of Rainbow Six 3 and Splinter Cell with him.

Covak was the one guy you always wanted on your team. He was always friendly but competitive and not one to trash talk (above some friendly ribbing). Even though he was fantastic at pretty much every game he played' date=' he was always patient with less experienced players, and would give them tips to help them improve.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.[/quote']

What he said. I'm shocked and saddened by this news. I was part of that small group of IRC gamers (still am with some of them...Peter being one of them). I have fond memories of playing Interstate 76 with Covak and the gang. Of course he was always one of the guys to beat. I could say the same thing for just about any game for that matter. What Peter said about Covak is so true. Dispite his "elite" gamer status you would never know it by his dimenor. He was always easy going and just generally pleasant to all he played with. He just seemed like a cool guy. Would have been nice to know him in person. Damn...playing Modern Warfare 2 just wont feel the same without having his score on the leaderboards. Thoughts and prayers for his family. Tragic loss at such a young age.

I feel useless adding to the collection of thoughts already posted. I think of our community as semi-invulnerable. Life happens but it has never happened quite this hard.

Didn't Covak work "in the industry"? Where?

He worked for KOEI Canada at one point I believe. Words just can't describe how absolutely shocked I am at this. James will be absolutely missed by all of us here at LCVG. James talked a lot of playing games with his mother, I can only imagine how much she will miss her son. 30 is way to young.

Edited by Romier S

Damn...playing Modern Warfare 2 just wont feel the same without having his score on the leaderboards.

I hereby nominate 'Covak' as the LCVG members clan name for Modern Warfare 2.

I'll never have the heart to remove James from my Xbox friends list (and I doubt I am alone). Given the tragic circumstances it is truly heartbreaking seeing his avatar sleeping.

I hereby nominate 'Covak' as the LCVG members clan name for Modern Warfare 2.

I'll never have the heart to remove James from my Xbox friends list (and I doubt I am alone). Given the tragic circumstances it is truly heartbreaking seeing his avatar sleeping.

Yep to the clan name, and yep won't be removed.

Didn't know the guy personally but he was one of many forum members I'd consider a friend, didn't play with him all that much but I loved it when he popped into a room as you knew you were in for a real test of your skill. If you thought you were a badass in a particular game you knew if that statement was true or not once you played against him, I can still remember him destroying everyone in Lost Planet and myself ignoring everyone else in the quest to get him at least once. I can only hope his family and friends know how well liked he was here and how badly he'll be missed. Safe journey bud :(

:(

Sums it up for me.

Although I haven't played with him in what seems like ages, I enjoyed seeing him crush the competition and not just in FP shooters. I have fond memories of teaming up with him in Over G Fighters.

RIP Covak, your mad skillz will be missed.