LCVG
Romier S

Saying goodbye to a longtime friend - Covak

If desired, remembrances may be made to your favourite charity related to children or animals.

Perhaps we can do this year's Child's Play fund raiser in remembrance of James.

Covak you have made alot of us here in your gaming family that much better for playing against you.. Even though you have left us way too soon.. We hope that you know you've left your mark and will surely be missed.

Romier IMed me today with this terrible news. Like many of you I remember spending many long nights playing Rainbow Six and GRAW with Covak. He was always at the top of his game and a super nice guy while on XBL.

His family and friends will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I was in shock when Romier told me earlier and I still can't believe it's true :(

I remember first meeting Covak online during the original Xbox days in MotoGP or PGR 2 and getting my butt handed to me when I thought I was pretty good. But, as others have said he would rather help you get better than rub it in.

One of my fondest memories would have to be Splinter Cell with him on my team and learning all sorts of tricks that I would have never learned on my own or even had thought of. Then playing on opposite teams and having him take me out in under 30 seconds. His only response in the lobby was, �I couldn�t teach you all of my tricks.� Little did he know that it wouldn�t have mattered :)

RIP Covak. All my best to his family and friends on a tragic loss :(

Jesus, what horrible news. I didn't get to play with Covak as much as I would have liked to, but he kicked my ass in every game we played together, and was always a complete gentlemen about it. What a heartbreaking loss. RIP, James. :(

Edited by PoisonJam

I'm very sad to hear this terrible news. I will miss him and his contributions to LCVG a great deal.

RIP

Wow, just shocking. I remember being beaten soundly the few times I played on line with Covak and wishing he was on my team. I will miss his posts - always thoughtful. Covak you will be missed.

Man, that was quite some news I didn't want to hear. :( I'm very saddened by this and it's quite a shock at the abruptness. It really says something about this community. May he rest in peace.

It is surprising and sad to hear. I am not much for words so forgive me. My condolences to friends and family. Rest in peace.

This is truly sad news; I didn't know Covak very well, but we did play quite a few games together (along with the rest of the crew) and he was always fun to play with.

RIP Good Sir

This is some sad news. Covak was a great guy and a thoughtful poster. I will miss him.

My first experience playing with him was in PGR2. Most of the LCVG players were hard for me to keep up with. Dan, Merlot, Peter, Scott, etc. But at least I saw them most of the race and felt like I was hanging in there. With Covak, the car would just disappear, never to be seen again.

The other game we played together was Splinter Cell. I think it was Pandora Tomorrow. Since it was a 2v2 game I would get a lot of flak for not keeping up with my end of the work. Not with Covak. He'd walk you through the map, holding your hand and taking care of business at the same time.

From 1/31/04, after Covak won an LCVG-crafted PGR2 tournament:

Covak, first of all, congrats on winning the championship. I think anyone who's raced against you could have predicted the result. Well done.
Edited by xPieter

Damn this sucks - he was only 30 :( Played with Covak off and on for a long time now and although I hadn't jumped into any games with him in the past few months I fondly remember him always kicking ass. My condolences to his RL friends and family. You will be missed sir.

wow such sad shocking news. I didn't know Covak like most of you did, but instantly recognized his name. My prayers go out to him and his family.

This is really sad news. I loved inviting him into GOW, just to get a vitriol reply on how horrible that game is (that was always better than getting taken down by him while playing Ghost Recon).

I wish he was still around so I could tease him about Uncharted 2. :(

I hope his real-life family knows how fondly his online family is remembering him. RIP.

I've been touch with someone closer to the family & I've passed on a lot of the posts from this thread as well as a link. If anyone wants to make a donation in his name, it was suggested we donate to Child's Play:

James loved games, and I think he'd like that. Anything that puts a DS or a controller into a kid's hands that needs it... sounds like a good cause to me.

If anyone wants to send flowers or a card, drop me a PM for the address, I'd rather not just post it.

Rest in peace, Buddy.

James was one of the first guys on my friends list. The first time I played with him was Pandora Tomorrow. Man, was he good. I loved being on his team, and hated when he was on the other side. :)

He also gifted me a pretty rare Pinata, and at the time I named that Pinata Covak.

He was a good guy, and although I never met him, or know what he looks like, I feel like I lost a friend. The world lost a good man, too. I mourn him today.

I am very affected by this news, far more then I thought I'd be for only talking to someone over Xbox Live. This was such a shock, it really makes me realize how fast everything can change... I know I'm not on the gaming scene as much as I was, but I consider you guys I do play with, friends, real friends, some I've known for over 6 years.

I simply have nothing more to say, I am also numb. I pray for his family.

Tom