LCVG
Romier S

Saying goodbye to a longtime friend - Covak

The turkey is in the oven, the vegetables are prepared. I made sausage rolls last night James. There are probably tears in the pastry......you would have 'stolen' one or three by now!

Before the craziness really begins I wanted to 'hug' you. I know it's a tradition for people to share their gifts received so.....

you probably would have MW by now but I would definitely have given you AC2 and Forza3 - if you could have waited that long! And LOST Season 5 so we could watch again. And I bet you would have given me Harry Potter :)

We would have played the Queen pack by now and Abbey Road would have made it 'under the tree' with a gift card for lots of XBLA points.

I miss your drumming; I miss your ears - I don't have the 5.1 surround sound anymore - you would not be amused! I'm giving Ben a little guitar. We all wish you were here to play it. Remember last Christmas? That's my favourite picture now - you playing the guitar and Ben fascinated...

I hope you and Anthony have found one another. I hope there are XBoxes that don't get the RROD and PS3's that work all the time........... oh, and no "frame tearing" :( and always "60 fps" :D

We will miss you playing Santa..........

Love you always

Mom, Dad, Jen, Marc, Ben, all the family, all your friends

oh, and no "frame tearing" :( and always "60 fps" :D
Terry that sentence brought a smile to my face, as that has always been something many of us have joked about over the years.

I hope there are XBoxes that don't get the RROD and PS3's that work all the time
I'm sure Anthony would like that. He only had like 8 RROD over the years :-)

Merry Xmas James.. Terry Beautiful Post. Glad that you have Joined our community, and have kept the James Memories alive even during this tough time for yourself and your family. These 2 months have brought this Forum together more and more.. James and Anthony are Truly missed during this day.. But their memories will be talked about for years to come, and never forgotten.

Great post, Terry. I have tears in my eyes. I hope James and Anthony are together today, and I hope their families and friends find comfort this season.

Edited by fighting fish

As beautiful as that post was Terry I'm not sure what brings a tear to my eye more, the post or your avatar, I can only hope that one day the pain eases enough for you to be able to change it. Until then and after I keep you, yours, James, and Anthony in my thoughts.

I had some really good news today which I hope you don't mind if I share. James was doing an Audio Engineering program last year at Metalworks Institute here in Mississauga, Ontario. He was acing the course and was easily the best in the class. (I'm really not just saying this because he was my son and I thought he was great - he really was loving this course and doing the best work he had ever done - you know what great ears he had - and his computer skills helped tremendously) His classmates, teachers and the academic director came to his Visitation. They all told me how "brilliant" he was - (sorry, can't help boasting!!)

Today the director called me and told me that they want to give James an "honorary" degree on their graduation night and he would like me and my husband to be there if we could to accept on January 30. They are also going to set up a bursary in James' name to provide a full scholarship to a person who needs the financial help. They would like us to help with the selection of that student. They are going to announce this also on graduation night.

I had been having a really bad day. Maybe because I finished Fable 2. James would have congratulated me but if he had been watching me he would also have be saying "rotflmao"! :)

It is a very special comfort that James can still have a positive affect in some lives............

That is great news, Terry. Have one of the scholarship requirements be to come within 5,000 points of his Geometry Wars score. :)

-Dean-

Have one of the scholarship requirements be to come within 5,000 points of his Geometry Wars score. :)

And sit that person in front of a TV and ask them how many Frames per second the game is. Make this tough :-)

That's great news that they are doing that.

I had some really good news today which I hope you don't mind if I share. James was doing an Audio Engineering program last year at Metalworks Institute here in Mississauga, Ontario. He was acing the course and was easily the best in the class. (I'm really not just saying this because he was my son and I thought he was great - he really was loving this course and doing the best work he had ever done - you know what great ears he had - and his computer skills helped tremendously) His classmates, teachers and the academic director came to his Visitation. They all told me how "brilliant" he was - (sorry, can't help boasting!!)

Today the director called me and told me that they want to give James an "honorary" degree on their graduation night and he would like me and my husband to be there if we could to accept on January 30. They are also going to set up a bursary in James' name to provide a full scholarship to a person who needs the financial help. They would like us to help with the selection of that student. They are going to announce this also on graduation night.

I had been having a really bad day. Maybe because I finished Fable 2. James would have congratulated me but if he had been watching me he would also have be saying "rotflmao"! :)

It is a very special comfort that James can still have a positive affect in some lives............

Terry that's wonderful news! Don't you ever think that your not welcome to post about anything. You are not a bother to any of us. Infact, these past few weeks I've came to think of you as just another one of the guys here at LCVG! And to make that point true, I'll just say this...we'll have to game sometime together! hahaha :D

*HUGS*

James was and still is the luckiest person in the world to have a mom like you. My mom thought video games were a waste of my time. She always asked me when I was going to grow up and be a man. The fact that your a gamer makes you one million times cooler then anybody on the face of this planet!

That's what the gamer side of me is thinking right now....

Now that GAYmer side of me, just has this to say. "You go girl!!" :D lol

Terry that's wonderful news! Don't you ever think that your not welcome to post about anything. You are not a bother to any of us. Infact, these past few weeks I've came to think of you as just another one of the guys here at LCVG! And to make that point true, I'll just say this...we'll have to game sometime together! hahaha

This. Please feel free to share any stories you have about Covak, embarrasing or not. I'll read every word you post.

Oh, and that's some great news. Congrats.

Wow.... You all leave me speechless sometimes. One day I might be able to put into words how much it has meant to me to get to know you all.

James and I just shared similar tastes. I'm the math-science person in the family (my husband is technologically challenged - to put it mildly!) and I've always loved computers and games though I just watched James play most of the time - until GH and RB. I remember how he loved Assassin's Creed (I know Romier doesn't feel quite the same!) and I liked to watch and listen to that one too as it takes place in my favourite period of history. I was always amazed how much 'real' history was included. Anyway, as you can all guess, playing some games gives me a chance to 'talk' to James.

Thanks for all the suggestions - I'll keep everything in mind :P

This. Please feel free to share any stories you have about Covak, embarrasing or not. I'll read every word you post.

OMG - be careful what you wish for. :)

He went to University of Waterloo too. My last year there was his first year. What did James major in?

Wow, I didn't know that either-I went there too. Undergrad in Engineering from 96-2001, and Master's from 2001-2003. Small world I guess.

I was there in 94-99 with a Major in Applied Physics co-op and a Minor in Computer Science. I basically lived at The Cove. When I wasn't in class, I was there. :D