LCVG

Whats on your Xmas List?

kelley

My mom has been hastling me for about three weeks now to get her my Xmas list, well I finally finished it tonight after much thought. I've reached that point where I just buy for myself whatever I want....so here's what I finally came up with:

ScotteVest Version Three.0 Microfiber Jacket

Kenwood Sirius Antenna with Kenwood Sirius 902 reciever

Indiana Jones DVD Collection

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - Xbox

Tony Hawk Underground - Xbox

28 Days Later DVD

From my wife all I've asked for is:

Pelican System Selector Pro

King of Queens Season 1 DVD

It's going to be so hard not buying PoP:SoT this week when I get paid, atleast I have PGR to keep me company.

It's going to be so hard not buying PoP:SoT

You have no idea my friend, make sure not to play it beforehand anywhere because if you do you'll be running to the store to pick it up (it really is just one hell of a game).

On my Xmas list this year:

Mario Kart Double Dash!

Alien Quintology

Star Trek Deep Space 9 Season 7

The wife and I have foregone exchanging gifts this year, instead we are buying a whole new living room set for ourselves. Kind of a joint christmas gift (and a much needed one).

Also on the list is my modded Xbox but thats kind of a gift to me from me. :D

No way in hell could I wait one more day for that, much less 23 more!!!!

heh, oh trust me. I may not be waiting for it at all. My willpower is weak, I'll see it in the store and it will come with me more than likely. I am going to try and show restraint though since I promised my parents. (I want that new Alien 3 cut, yes I know I'm the only one in the world that likes the movie but hey what can I say. I really do enjoy it quite a bit!)

Even as a fellow Alien 3 fan, I'm holding off until at least Christmas on the new box, to be honest. I've decided that until my unwatched stack gets down below the height of a small child that I shouldn't get any more discs.

Its my birthday on Wednesday, and I'm really struggling to last even that long for the Underworld (the band, not the Blade ripoff) box set I'm getting, however.

Actually, with the exception of the new Pet Shops compilation, I'm trying to get people to surprise me with something other than CDs, DVDs or Games, as I've got massive piles of each at the moment really.

Alien Quadrilogy slipped to my Christmas list too. The new wave of Disney tins were on there, but they have been delayed until may of next year, which isn't so bad as my birthday comes around in May, but I had pre-paid for these to ensure I would get them. Oh well.... The Looney Tunes Gold Collection is also on my list as is the PAL R2 release of Red Dwarf series 3.

US Import of the XBox Prince of Persia and the PAL Platinum priced Jak and Daxter on PS2 are my gaming desires. My gaming treat to myself this christmas is the US import of Metroid Prime at the Player's Choice price of $20. Romier has kindly picked this up for me.

CDs on the list range from Underworld's 1992-2002 album, some budget priced back catalogue releases from Fluke and Future Sound of London, through to Danny Elfman's score for Big Fish and Thomas Newman's score for Angels in America.

As usual though, books dominate my list of gift ideas

Dan

-- who also likes Alien 3

Originally posted by Daniel Brecher@Nov 17 2003, 09:26 AM

budget priced back catalogue releases from Fluke

Oh really? I'd been meaning to get my own copies (having just borrowed my brother's ones in the past), I didn't know they had gone budget. Mind you, with 7 mixes of Atom Bomb already in the house, it seems a bit silly to add more...

My birthday is x-mas also so double the fun

I already know my aunt is getting me DS9 Seasons 6 and 7 as she told me otherwise i would have bought them when they came out

Some other stuff id like

Alien Quad (unless i cant hold out)

Pelican System Selector Pro

Grabbed By the Goulies xbox

Prince of Persia xbox

LOTR:Return of the king xbox

Im sure there are more games

The last few years everyone just gives each other gift certs for the most part to the stores they go to. No reason to waste money on stuff they wont like. So ill get the stuff i want anyway with those. Im sure someone in my family will get me a gift cert to gamestop.

joey

I want that new Alien 3 cut, yes I know I'm the only one in the world that likes the movie but hey what can I say.

The main reason to get the set. I'll be getting it on day one.

My wish list is simple.

Best Buy gift cards!

Though I'd really like the following:

Star Trek: DS9 Seasons 5-7

Battlestar Galactica Boxed Set

Xbox LOTR:ROTK game

Maybe the Logitech Xbox wireless controller.

Dream gift is a HDTV. That'll have to wait till next year, though...

Originally posted by iCamp@Nov 17 2003, 07:12 AM

ScotteVest Version Three.0 Microfiber Jacket

Cool. Let me know what that's like (assuming you get it, of course). I'm interested in them but I refuse to buy a jacket over the internet sight unseen. They need to get these things in stores.

I read on their website that Nieman Marcus was carrying their fleece version of the jacket in their stores and catalogue....and they said that it was doing very well.

Getting bugged by my wife to make up a "list" this week as my birthday was a bit of a fiasco because she left it far far too late to get anything & had to resort to just getting DVDs from the local BestBuy the night before :)

Apparently I'm really hard to buy for, something I didn't think was the case. I mean, I'm always dropping hints in B&N about books, or about games/music/toys etc. But she never picks up on 'em ;)

I know one definite is a new set of headphones for work.

Apart from that, it'll probably be the usual mix of games & DVDs. I may end up with a GameCube, I suspect...

Dream gift is a HDTV. That'll have to wait till next year, though...

Y'know, my wife & I were just talking about HDTVs at the weekend. Some friends of ours "treated" themselves to a 55 inch widescreen, and it got us thinking about doing the same, possibly going down the 24 months' interest free route (for me to even consider this is a Big Deal in our household...). Gotta do some research. It'd be a huge f'ing Christmas present, that's for sure.

Originally posted by iainl@Nov 17 2003, 02:11 PM

And I thought I was being carried away buying a 32" widescreen non-HD television at the weekend...

One of the benefits of living in America....High Definition. Just thinking about HDTVs makes me want to sing the national anthem.