LCVG

CounterStrike

Guest Bryan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by gigapower@Nov 17 2003, 01:39 PM

I'm still not tired of RS3....I'll probably skip on Counter-Strike.

I'm just sharing the love around all the games - they will all be regulars over the next four -five months!

I'll be getting this as soon as my TRU gets it in (which probably means Thursday).

I've heard that the gameplay is pretty different than RS3 and I also find the 'shopping' aspect very interesting. I hope that we can get a good group together for this just like Rainbow. Either way, It'll be nice to sign on and see what everyone is playing and then just pop in the appropriate game and go.

Ironically, I'll be trading my un-opened copy of Crimson Skies for this game. (ducks and runs away...)

Cheers.

J.

Ironically, I'll be trading my un-opened copy of Crimson Skies for this game. (ducks and runs away...)

LOL... I still have my un-opened copy in the trunk of my car, waiting now for trade on either PGR2 or Counter-Strike. I was originally going to use it for Links 2004, but I couldn't wait for TRU to get it in. You're not alone ;)

I absolutely played it to death on the PC. In fact, I started with Beta 5.

I think Pharmboy did, also.

If it's anything like the PC version, it'll be very different from RS3. You don't have to be as cautious and it's not as methodical - much more reliant on pure aiming/ combat ability. Especially when everyone discovers the AWP Sniper rifle. It can be very, very frustrating.

However, that was on the PC, where cheaters lurked on every server (cheat-protected servers included). I know, because I actually wrote a little piece for another forum before on how easy it was to cheat on CS. I got an aimbot, wallhack, all-in-one hack within 20 mins of asking around.

I think this will be the biggest incentive for me to play on LIVE.

However, like Kelly, I've yet to tire of R63. I bought it thinking it wouldn't get much play but I've been really enjoying it.

Yep, Beta 5 for me. To one extent I did play CS to death, on the other hand I would love to get back into it again if I had Live (and an X-Box :P) because the possibilities for cheaters are far, far, far less. Beyond Beta 6 it really became impossible to tell who was playing fair in CS and who was cheating. I don't mind getting knifed, shot, and grenaded by some bastard who's better than me. But some bastard who is cheating to be better than me really burns my ass.

So I'd recommend CS for the Box based on that alone. The game is quite a lot of fun, even if it isn't Day of Defeat, which some other forumgoer's in the PC section converted me to ;).

Also, Sam makes a good point about the AWP, but the sniper rifle is going to be a lot more difficult to aim when you take into account the fact that you're using a controller instead of a mouse. :)

Yep, Beta 5 for me. To one extent I did play CS to death, on the other hand I would love to get back into it again if I had Live (and an X-Box ) because the possibilities for cheaters are far, far, far less. Beyond Beta 6 it really became impossible to tell who was playing fair in CS and who was cheating. I don't mind getting knifed, shot, and grenaded by some bastard who's better than me. But some bastard who is cheating to be better than me really burns my ass.

Not to mention when you start playing very well on a server only to get accused of cheating or booted from the game. That is possibly even more infuriating.

Anyway, Gamespy's review is up.

I'm still sitting on the fence.

Xbox LIVE is a very novel thing for me right now and I'm tempted to get more LIVE games. But I don't know if I want to spend full price for a game I've already played to death a long time ago.

Decisions, decisions... :D

P.S. The review mentions that the right stick can be pushed in to bump up the movement speed a big notch. That is brilliant. That takes care of the classic analog stick compromise - now you can turn around quickly when you push it in and have it slow enough to aim when not. Terrific! Why didn't anyone do this earlier?!

I played the PC version all the time and it is a great game. I still think I will wait I don't want to throw aside RB6 just yet. There are just too many good games right now and just not enough time in the day to play. I still have GTA, Prince of Persia, THUG, and Crimson Skies still wrapped and collecting dust.

I think the Gamespot review is much more honest and down-to-earth, insofar as giving people who have played the PC version a good idea of what to expect. It was enough to convince me I can skip on this one.

Thanks for linking that.

However, I still think Xboxers who have never played it will have a blast.

30% off CounterStrike at EB Games! There are some other great deals there too, including PGR 2.

My order is already in processing, but they are going to credit me the difference after it ships. Good customer service.