LCVG

Misc Video Footage for editing?

Camp

I'm hoping to tap the braintrust here...

I'm looking for a site (or sites) with public domain or even commercially available video footage for use in personal video editing. For example, I'm doing a project for school where I need a video of an explosion. I simply need footage of an explosion (real or rendered) to insert into my piece.

I know there are DVDs available with such material but I thought a website might be quicker.

This is a great source, but I'm not sure how well it will fit your needs. Very high-rez stuff is available for free (not sure about IP issues, but if your use is personal... :

http://www.archive.org/movies/prelinger.php

There are a lot of great classics in there like those graphic driver's ed film from the old days, a film for girls on being popular and the sort of stuff you might remember being mocked on MST3K. There are recent films as well.

-j

If you are checking out the Prelinger archives, look for the short film "A Case of Spring Fever" featuring "Coily the Spring Sprite." An absolute classic - it was MST'd, hilariously, but the original can stand alone pretty well. ;)

Edit: Here you go:

http://www.archive.org/movies/details-db.p...lectionid=07905

NOOOO SPRINGS!!!