Terminator 3: The Redemption...

paul h

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And for fellow UK people, the new official XBox mag has the demo. The PS2 demo didn't reach us, however. I've not got it yet, however, as the mag costs the same amount as I paid for Timesplitters 2; needless to say I bought the full game instead of a bunch of demos...

• 3 months later...

A bunch of new previews were posted overnight, from the likes of GameSpy & GameSpot. Choice quote:

While it's not groundbreaking in any way, Terminator 3: The Redemption is a solid title that is sure to appeal to fans of the series. I really enjoyed seeing some of the scenes set in the future, showcasing elements that had only been hinted about in the films. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging arcade-style action game, this would be a great choice. In releasing the best of the Terminator games, Atari has truly redeemed itself.

August 24th... Preorder it now & get a free copy of T3:ROTM. Don't preorder, and you get two copies :)

Originally posted by dogbert@Mar 26 2004, 05:26 PM

we're working on a coop version of the "rail gun" sequences, but not of the regular levels.

Having played the (excellent) demo at last, what are the "rail gun" sequences? The bit that was basically Op. Thunderbolt in the Helicopter, or the rather excellent bit on the backs of the truck and machines? I can see those working really, really well just by putting one person in control of the vehicle and leaving the shooting to the other, Starsky & Hutch stylee.

Just watched the new gameplay footage over at Gamespot. One word: AWESOME! The game is looking damn good Brian.

The chase sequence with Arnold on the top of the car trying to take down the TX in the contruction truck looked seriously fun! I especially loved:

John: "Should I take this off-road?"

Arnold: "Affirmative."

Arnold: "Your driving skills are LACCCCKING!"

:lmfao: :lmfao: I'd buy it just to hear Arnolds one liner.

Couldn't help but dig the footage with Arnold taking over the turret and tossing Terminator's over his shoulder. :shock:

I also wanted to ask, the motorcycle chase sequence; are you actually controlling the bike? Or is it set on a given path (ie is it a rail shooter sequence as well?).

The motorcycle is controlled by you.

When we say "rail sequence", we're talking things like the helicopters and the sequences when you're firing out the back of the likes of the Vet Truck, Hearse etc. You're no longer in direct control of the car, though you sometimes have left/right lane control changing for taking shortcuts & avoiding copcars.

One of the main design points of the game was taking the "chase" element from all three films - the terminators, good and bad, are always chasing down someone at all points. So throughout the game, you're either being chased or chasing, sometimes both.

When we say "rail sequence", we're talking things like the helicopters and the sequences when you're firing out the back of the likes of the Vet Truck, Hearse etc. You're no longer in direct control of the car, though you sometimes have left/right lane control changing for taking shortcuts & avoiding copcars.

Sure, thats where my curiosity stemmed from. In watching the motorcycle sequence it looked as though the bike was user controlled given the different paths the player was taking but I wanted to ask to make sure of it. (I was hoping it was :tu: ).