LCVG

My Morning....

kelley

Sitting here at work, working on the new LCVG site actually when all hell(hail) broke loose.

http://www.kotv.com/pages/viewpage.asp?id=54064

I stopped counting at 30 dents in my car. Its so bad because it not only hit the top of the car but the sides too. I'll try to take some pics of the car tonight......this was definetely a $1,000 bill(my deductible) I wasn't needing to pay.

Oh man I'm sorry, I can't imagine that happening to my wheels. What about the other car, don't you have two VW's?

And from the Day in the Life N.E. Oklahoma thread,..

---(yeah, go ahead and tell me I'm not the only one who thought this one)-> Sure looks like the places I always see on TV when ever a tornado hits!

LOL! I knew someone was going to say that.

I'll have to add Halacious Hail to my N.E. OK prejudices. ;)

Originally posted by gigapower@Nov 18 2003, 02:49 PM

Is the Paintless Dent Removal repair expensive?

Also, someone recommended me rubbing dry ice over the dents and that most of them will pop out from that alone.

It will be cheaper than having a shop remove the panels, work them back into shape and repaint them.

Paintless Dent Removal usually doesn't require the removal of the panels at all. A technician might take some wires behind the panel piece and 'massage' the dent away.

I don't know about the dry ice but it's worth a try.

You could always try one of those "As Seen on TV" suction cup dent removal systems. I'd think giving the trailer-parkish nature of OK, you local Kum-N-Go is liberally stocked with that sort of merchandise.

Seriously though, sorry to hear about the GTI taking a beating. Nothing is worse than dropping extra money on your car when you don't need to (my Jetta died on me this morning, can't wait to get the bill tomorrow).

Originally posted by Orpheus@Nov 18 2003, 07:12 PM

You could always try one of those "As Seen on TV" suction cup dent removal systems. I'd think giving the trailer-parkish nature of OK, you local Kum-N-Go is liberally stocked with that sort of merchandise.

Seriously though, sorry to hear about the GTI taking a beating. Nothing is worse than dropping extra money on your car when you don't need to (my Jetta died on me this morning, can't wait to get the bill tomorrow).

Sorry to hear about your Jetta. I hope its nothing serious.

Being that myself and Kelly live in the same city, my wife's Jeep got hit by that same storm. Luckily she has only about 7 dents in her hood. The local Dent Doctor unless I come up with a better place should be able to fix it. It definitely isn't something I want to pay right now but It shouldn't be over $150 according to the guy.

Originally posted by exile@Nov 19 2003, 01:54 PM

Being that myself and Kelly live in the same city, my wife's Jeep got hit by that same storm. Luckily she has only about 7 dents in her hood. The local Dent Doctor unless I come up with a better place should be able to fix it. It definitely isn't something I want to pay right now but It shouldn't be over $150 according to the guy.

please let me know how your wife's jeep turns out! I need to find a good place to get this taken care of.