LCVG

How do you play PGR2?

Beer Monkey

What options do you use for most/all of your PGR2 playing?  

1. 1. What options do you use for most/all of your PGR2 playing?

• I use an internal (first-person) view, and automatic transmission.
    • I use an external (behind the car) view, and automatic transmission.
    • I use an internal (first-person) view, and manual transmission.
    • I use an external (behind the car) view, and manual transmission.
    • I mix it up (or still haven't figured out how I like it best).

External and Automatic, at least when I am actually 'racing' (either in single player or online). I enjoy the sense of speed from the internal point of view, but usually only drive that way when I'm messing around in Time Attack (where it doesn't really matter how well I drive, except to myself :D ) since to me, it's harder to see what's coming than when in external mode.

External and automatic for me. I find it hard to do manual since I have only one arm, and it's hard for me to switch gears using my left hand and my right foot.

Plus with an external view I feel more "in control". I can see when I'm fish-tailing and compensate for it. Although I do like the first person sense of speed, and occasionally I will do that view to add to the challenge.

I was kidding about the one hand thing. I do in fact play only with my feet.

I switched to the bumper view for a bit & my times did improve...plus I can now see people on my ass when racing multi-player...both a good and bad thing. It's too bad they no longer allow you do adjust the height as they did in PGR. I find the bumper view to be too low to the ground...as a "bumper cam" should be I suppose, but...why is there no helmet view or dashboard view?

Originally posted by Dan B.@Nov 24 2003, 10:11 PM

I switched to the bumper view for a bit & my times did improve...plus I can now see people on my ass when racing multi-player...both a good and bad thing. It's too bad they no longer allow you do adjust the height as they did in PGR. I find the bumper view to be too low to the ground...as a "bumper cam" should be I suppose, but...why is there no helmet view or dashboard view?

There is a second "in-car" view that's not as low as the bumper cam. Still not very high and no dashboard, but higher than bumper cam.

Yep, that's the one I'm talking about. I find both of them too low for my liking.

You can't call it an in-car view if you can't see the car, IMO. It's an "in front of car view" really. Or is it an "in the middle of an invisible car view"? Either way, I wish it were better. I wouldn't mind a hood view like RSC or a partial dash view like F355 Challenge; I just need to see part of the car. ;)

Originally posted by Robot Monkey+Nov 25 2003, 08:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robot Monkey @ Nov 25 2003, 08:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Odie@Nov 24 2003, 11:03 PM

I've never cared for internal views in racing games because of the lack of peripheral vision.

I have the same issue. Is peripheral vision improved on 16:9 displays with racers that support it?

-j [/b]

I certainly felt that way when I played GT3 on 16:9, because I use exclusively internal view there. And I spent alot of time with it when I had a 4:3.

I noticed it most on turn 1 of Laguna Seca. I could see all the way around (even the exit) as I approached the corner. Pretty cool stuff.

Now put down those cigs, Kelly!