LCVG

TrackMania

Robot Monkey

Is this the game you were thinking of, dogbert?

http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=53790

It looks neat. I like the idea that interesting track pieces must be unlocked for use in the track editor. Doesn't look like there are licensed cars (I remember licensed cars in Stunts), but it comes for the low price of $30.

-j

This game is nice, I'll be looking to download after some Links play tonight. I loved the Rush series, and this article got me thinking of how cool a Rush/Trackmania game could be on Xbox Live. Imagine if we could make and trade tracks. Also the idea of user created content being exchanged and played via live could be implimented in other types of games,... that would be a cool development for Live games.

Well, later on in the day I tried out the online mode. Which is rather diverting for half an hour, but the simplistic tracks, and the fact that there is no car-car collision code in place (so you're effectively time-trialling rather than 'racing' as you would in other games) means its all a little soulless.

So far, I'm not seeing anything that would make me hand over the readies, to be honest.

Originally posted by iainl@Nov 24 2003, 04:21 AM

... the simplistic tracks, and the fact that there is no car-car collision code in place (so you're effectively time-trialling rather than 'racing' as you would in other games) means its all a little soulless.

Do you know if this is a demo-only thing?

Oh, can you take home-made tracks online?

-j

• 3 weeks later...