LCVG

Composer Michael Kamen dies at 55

Angry the Clown

I cannot stress how utterly, utterly depressed this shocking news has made me. It's gone and put such a dark cloud over my entire day. He'd only recently admitted he had been living with multiple sclerosis since the mid nineteen nineties. His work went even further beyond his wonderful film scores orchestrating music for bands such and Pink Floyd, Queen and others.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dan

Bloody hell. I had no idea about this; its pretty shocking. He's hardly an old guy, either. Admittedly I continue to think of him as even younger than his actual age, due to having an image of him from the Brazil box, but even so - 55 is a knock to the system, particularly today when I'm feeling old.

I wanted to share something from the forum at Michael Kamen's website. I saw someone alert others to this over at a film music forum, and it is both poignant and deeply, deeply moving. I've no qualms in admitting the following put tears in my eyes.

Written the day before he passed away, his last post to a fan on his forum:

http://www.michaelkamen.com/forum195/viewt...p?id=1&t_id=221

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Daniel