LCVG
JoeyN

Destiny - Bungie developed (XBone, PS4)

If you folks haven't yet - you should check out your Guardian's legend on Bungie's site today. Kinda cute for April 1st. (I don't think it works on mobile however)

No raid in House of Wolves -- instead, there's a three person battle arena called the Prison of Elders. There apparently will be a raid later in the year (Comet?).

No new raid.

:(

No, but there is the Arena which kinda sounds like a hoarde mode. Rumor has it that there mat be a 6 player as well as a 3 player variant as well. More impotantly, where they talk about revealing plans to upgrade existing gear, the item shown is a Fatebringer going to the new attack rating of 365. PLEASE let this be a thing ;)

I'm pretty bummed about the lack of a new Raid. If the Horde mode can be 6 person, then that will be close enough. If it is capped at 3 (as rumors suggest), then I'll be further bummed.

I like the idea of upgrading our hard earned weapons, though. So that is something.

No, but there is the Arena which kinda sounds like a hoarde mode. Rumor has it that there mat be a 6 player as well as a 3 player variant as well. More impotantly, where they talk about revealing plans to upgrade existing gear, the item shown is a Fatebringer going to the new attack rating of 365. PLEASE let this be a thing ;)

I did see that.  That's exciting.  I'm still holding on to my Vision of Confluence.    

Dave - you serious about Fatebringer?!?! Man, that right there would be about the only thing that has me excited about this. LOVE that gun!!! Prob my fave handcannon. Got it only a couple months ago.

You bet Derrik!

Bungie hasn't announced how we'll be able to upgrade existing gear but they mention that you can and will be detailing the how next Wednesday (04-22) at 11:00 PST on their twitch channel. I'm sure at that point it will also be uploaded to their YouTube channel and posted on Bungie's website - but in the meantime, this is the picture they teased:

upgrade.jpg

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12764

While Fatebringer is my #1 gun and I'm stoked as hell that it looks like it should be able to upgraded, I'm almost as exited about upgrading my Vision and Revenge. Of course, we'll have to see what the full path to upgrading is and it could very well be running a harder version of the Vault (and presumably Crota's End) which I'm fine with - but we'll know soon :)

I'm very happy with what's been announced so far.  Upgrading my exotics is SO much better then last time, and the upgrading of legendary doesn't seem too bad, as long as the item you need to upgrade it drops with some regularity.  I wish it was something you could buy at Xur, like an exotic shard, but I guess that's still a possibility.  I also like the idea of reforging, which is something I haven't done before, as I've never done Iron Banner.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the game modes in action.

I'd say Bungie is definitely listening to player feedback in a lot of areas.  I'm pretty disappointed about no new raid but I'm looking forward to learning more about the Prison of Elders.

These changes look great, the exchange of materials at the Speaker is fantastic... all those 100's of old materials can now be used for something better.  Bungie is fixing a mess they created, and I'm happy with it!  The game play still has me playing all the time, doing VOG often now, just need to move on to Crota.

Overall, I think my favorite part is with Etherial Light only dropping from Raids, Iron Banner, Nightfalls, etc, there is still reason to run all of those, but now you can use that to upgrade any Legendary piece of gear. Probably the only downside is that it greatly devalues the Raid gear unless you want to use it for a specific perk. (Or maybe they will drop now with Etherial Light already filled in?)

The HoW announcements have me interested in playing again, but I think I'm going to wait till after it comes out to see all the details before jumping back into Destiny.

I hope the arena mode is interesting, I feel like if the missions had randomization of enemies that would've helped extend game play a lot.  Glad they finally came up with a decent way of upgrading items too.