LCVG

The 'test' LCVG Opener Links tourney

Beer Monkey

Allen and I played our round last night. I hit some good shots and missed a hole in one (on the 18th I believe) by less than one inch! :shock:

It was really fun, thanks Allen!

Oh, Mike: remember this?

"I just want to appologize now... because I'll schooling you all in the finer points of golf. "

We're waiting... :D

All stats have disappeared from the site.

All the stats are there for me. They've been there since yesterday.

Damn site won't even let me log in now.

I've been able to l;og in all morning. And I just tried again and it's fine. That's with my crappy work PC and my PC at home.

Maybe it's a problem with your Passport settings?

I had the most miserable round I've played since I got the game last night. Must have been first tourney jitters. I had a double-bogey and a bogey on the first three holes, then settled down and played par or better for the rest of the front nine. The back nine started out passably, with par on the first 4 or 5 holes, and then kinda up and down the rest of the way. +6. Bah. ;)

I had the most miserable round I've played since I got the game last night. Must have been first tourney jitters. I had a double-bogey and a bogey on the first three holes, then settled down and played par or better for the rest of the front nine. The back nine started out passably, with par on the first 4 or 5 holes, and then kinda up and down the rest of the way. +6. Bah.

I had a great round going then had a quad and 2 triple bogeys to open up the back nine. Miserable.

Seems like they're having some .net passport issues yet. I keep having to sign out and then sign back in to access the site. The stat tracking is great, but what an unwieldy design. I imagine we'll be seeing some upgrades to this later. As a side note, how great would this kind of match/tourney organization and stat tracking be for possible clan functions in future MS games (especially Halo 2).

Oh...that reminds me, and maybe I'm missing it, but I'd like to be able to see everyone's individual hole-by-hole scores, for curiosity's sake. Is it on there and I'm not seeing it?

Yes, go to the leaderboard and where it says R1 click on details which leads you to the scorecards.

Uh, and Mr. Dick Hertz, A.K.A. Bruce, don't think just because you bested me by one stoke in this trial run that it means anything,... You are going to pay for all that ESPN misery, you will be eating my divots in the Asshat Invitational!

I dont believe that the reality in which you reside to be real. There is no spoon. :P

Originally posted by Dick Hertz@Nov 20 2003, 03:02 PM

Oh...that reminds me, and maybe I'm missing it, but I'd like to be able to see everyone's individual hole-by-hole scores, for curiosity's sake. Is it on there and I'm not seeing it?

Yes, go to the leaderboard and where it says R1 click on details which leads you to the scorecards.

Sweet.

You da man! :D

Ok, how do I play my round? I signed into Live and went to XSN. There was an option for new tournament and thats it. Is this where the tournament names should show up? I tried entering the round settings and password into "new tournament" but it was not recognized. What am I doing wrong?

Yeah I got it. I been getting a lot of error messages from both XSN and Xbox forums when I was trying read up on some of the issues. I was able to get my round in finally. Guess I should have played a few practice rounds before jumping straight in.

Edit: I'm really surprised at how horrible the interface is. :(

Well, I played my first round of the LCVG Opener, shot +2...BUT I have to ask WTF is up with the timer? I'm happily playing along, getting ready to put when the screen comes up saying I have ~5 seconds to putt or I lose a stroke...of course, I take the putt under pressure and miss, then it come up and says I have ~8 seconds, and I miss that putt too!

Is there any way to lengthen the time? I don't mind a timer, but it seemed awful short...maybe it's because I have a habit of cancelling the first hole preview, and then I go back to preview it manually...is the timer running when you preview manually?