LCVG

Sony's PlayStation+ - It pays for itself. Updates and PSN Sales ...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calling out your own trolling because it apparently wasn't savage enough for anyone online to give a shit about,... That's a first world problem! 

Heads up, everyone, the season pass for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is currently on sale on PSN for $4.49 (normally $29.99). You don't even have to have PS Plus in order to get the deal.

IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED.     Aw man, I just bought Knack two years ago for $7.99. I knew I should have waited.

Posted Images

The 10% discount is coming this weekend. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/19/psn-members-get-one-time-10-ps-store-discount-this-weekend/

The discount will be valid from 9:00 AM 1/23 PST through 9:00 AM PST 1/26. Simply use the promotion code for a one-time 10% discount off eligible items in a total cart purchase in PlayStation Store on PS3, PS4 or the web/mobile at store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com. Some exclusions do apply, including subscriptions for PS Plus, Music Unlimited, PS Now and rental video content. The code must be redeemed at checkout and discounted transaction completed before 1/26/15 at 9:00 AM.

What are you buying?

Carlos.

Not quite DLNA support .....

Plex Out Today, Stream Your Personal Media to PS4 and PS3

For those not familiar, Plex organizes all of your personal media, wherever you keep it, so you can enjoy it on any device. Whether it’s your movie and TV show collection, your music library or your photos and home videos, Plex makes all your media beautiful by automatically incorporating movie posters, plot summaries, album covers and descriptions. Plex also allows you to share your media collection across all major platforms and devices as well as with your friends and family. At launch, the app will only allow you to stream your videos, but the ability to stream your music and photos will be coming shortly.

Grrr!   :diaz: Have to pay for streaming!  Bullshit!

Plex for PlayStation is currently available for free to Plex Pass subscribers. In the future, it will be made available, for a fee, to those without a Plex Pass. In addition to the PlayStation app, a Plex Pass also gives you exclusive premium features and early access to new ones.

First season of Powers free for PS+ members. I've never heard about this before. Paging Joey!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/20/powers-premieres-march-10th-only-on-playstation/#sf7024952

It's a great comic by Brian Bendis. It was in production for years at FX but the channel never was satisfied with the pilots it did. Sony picked it up as a PSN exclusive , and fast tracked it to series.

Honestly, I personally don't need any discount because Sony got hacked. I understand that this sort of thing can happen, and I'd be more happy if Sony made sincere pledges to double down on their network and security. But they chose apologize monetarily, and if they are going to let their money do the talking, at least make a sincere apology.

Clearly I think a 10% discount lacks the message they are intending to send. 10% is so small, some might consider it financially prudent and self serving. If it generates a small number of sales the discount is easily washed from the books.

Considering this is likely the rough message they are sending, 'hey, we fucked up, we let the bad guys in, we let them ruin your customer experience, we feel really bad, we appreciate your loyalty and we don't want to lose any business or sales over this fiasco', I'd then say a sincere discount starting point would be 25%. Seems reasonable.

Honestly, I personally don't need any discount because Sony got hacked.

....but they didn't? A DDoS attack isn't a hack. Microsoft was affected as well along with other services. It's not an issue of "security" or "letting the bad guys in". It's a group of assholes simultaneously flooding these networks until they collapse. Can and does happen often.

They already extended PSN members subscriptions 5 days to cover the week long downtime. Frankly they didn't have to do fuck all past that to show "they care".

....but they didn't? A DDoS attack isn't a hack. Microsoft was affected as well along with other services. It's not an issue of "security" or "letting the bad guys in". It's a group of assholes simultaneously flooding these networks until they collapse. Can and does happen often.

That's right, my apologies, I knew that, brain fart.

I agree they don't have to do anything, but had they offered a 1% or 5 %, everyone would be asking 'what's the point?' So, minimum they can do is 10%. They did the minimum.  

They already extended PSN members subscriptions 5 days to cover the week long downtime. Frankly they didn't have to do fuck all past that to show "they care".

Clearly they disagree. They aren't offering a 10% discount because it gives them the feely goods.  They are offering a minimum discount because ---fill in your own blank--- . and of course to generate sales to bring in more revenue. Business as usual.  A greater savings 'might' have indicated they had more philanthropic or goodwill measures in mind.

That's right, my apologies, I knew that, brain fart.

I agree they don't have to do anything, but had they offered a 1% or 5 %, everyone would be asking 'what's the point?' So, minimum they can do is 10%. They did the minimum.  

...ok. So they aren't running a charity. Seems really odd to piss on a (mostly) blanket 10% discount because "they offered the minimum" according to your rule book.  They didn't need to offer anything past reimbursement for the down time. 

You would have been happy with some pacifist bullshit PR saying "We're going to try really hard to make sure this doesn't happen next time!" . Your own words.

I don't know. Not intentionally trying to give you a hard time (seriously). Just seems to miss the forest for the trees is all, Joel. Don't get the complaint.

Nintendo pretty much nails it with the free stuff and discounts...

The company that doesn't even include a $10 charging adapter with their new $200 handheld. Mmmk.  Look at all that love and caring.  :bale:

Just an FYI that Sony have re-clarified the terms and stated that North American customers will not be able to use the code against pre-orders either.

I'll save just under £3 in using it against Driveclub's season pass and Resident Evil. For something they did not have to offer I am not going to scoff at that. 

They didn't have to do anything, and I could really care less about any of these offers... I just want to be able to play my games when I want to play them. The fact that everything is online all the time now. The fact is when the 360 was my main console, very rarely did I ever experience any downtime that wasn't my own connection. No they really don't care, it took "ages" for them to come out and admit to the DDoS or make any sort of acknowledgement of it. 

What would be an acceptable offer? 50%? More free games?

50%? No. The 5-day extension was solid enough and the 10% is kind of like "hey, just need to show that we care about YOU, so let's offer you a discount on already an incredibly amount of overpriced games!!

Honestly, I personally don't need any discount because Sony got hacked. I understand that this sort of thing can happen, and I'd be more happy if Sony made sincere pledges to double down on their network and security. But they chose apologize monetarily, and if they are going to let their money do the talking, at least make a sincere apology.

Clearly I think a 10% discount lacks the message they are intending to send. 10% is so small, some might consider it financially prudent and self serving. If it generates a small number of sales the discount is easily washed from the books.

Considering this is likely the rough message they are sending, 'hey, we fucked up, we let the bad guys in, we let them ruin your customer experience, we feel really bad, we appreciate your loyalty and we don't want to lose any business or sales over this fiasco', I'd then say a sincere discount starting point would be 25%. Seems reasonable.

and this is my point.

...ok. So they aren't running a charity. Seems really odd to piss on a (mostly) blanket 10% discount because "they offered the minimum" according to your rule book.  They didn't need to offer anything past reimbursement for the down time. 

You would have been happy with some pacifist bullshit PR saying "We're going to try really hard to make sure this doesn't happen next time!" . Your own words.

I don't know. Not intentionally trying to give you a hard time (seriously). Just seems to miss the forest for the trees is all, Joel. Don't get the complaint.

The company that doesn't even include a $10 charging adapter with their new $200 handheld. Mmmk.  Look at all that love and caring.  :bale:

Them not offering an adapter is not the same situation at all. In fact, the not offering the adapter is something they've always done in Japan AFAIK and was only done in Europe/USA or wherever. I think what Apple does with what seems every new reiteration of iphone ipad etc where they are always changing their charges and connections to be much worse but anyways....

I barely touch my Wii U but Nintendo has been fantastic delivering to the consumers. When I bought the Wii U, there was some kind of promotion from Nintendo Europe where you get a free game choices were Pikmin, Super Mario Bros, among others all great games. The 50% discount for the first week of their Wii re-masters of Super MArio Galaxy 3, Donkey Kong, Super Punch Out etc is also awesome and what they are doing to make up for the discontinuation of Club nintendo even better.

PSN + is fantastic don't get me wrong, but Sony has a terrible track record when copping to when things happen to them. With the whole password fiasco it took them almost a week to come clean with that.... come on. 

I'm not saying they need to offer anything but praising them for adding 5 days to your sub because of the 5 days downtime is meh who cares and the 10% is like just them trying to show face.. I'd rather them do nothing then this.

PSN + is fantastic don't get me wrong, but Sony has a terrible track record when copping to when things happen to them. With the whole password fiasco it took them almost a week to come clean with that.... come on. 

I'm not saying they need to offer anything but praising them for adding 5 days to your sub because of the 5 days downtime is meh who cares and the 10% is like just them trying to show face.. I'd rather them do nothing then this.

So cancel? It's really easy to vote with your wallet if you're not satisfied with the service they offer or can't deal with a service being DDoS attacked. The wonderful thing about the games market - there's healthy competition at the moment. You have two very viable alternatives if PSN isn't floating your boat.

You're statement is tantamount to "FUCK YOUR 10%! I'd prefer NOTHING!"

..........ok. Then don't use it and act like they never sent it your way. ;)

Also, stating a fact (they reimbursed you the 5 days of service) isn't "praising" just so we're clear. Its pretty much what a reasonable person would assume would happen when a pay service is down for an extended amount of time.

The one area of agreement I have here is in Sony changing the terms of the 10% discount to not include pre-orders. That's shitty.

I honestly don't think I've seen such vitriol over a company giving its consumers a 10% discount before. It's actually pretty amazing.

EDIT:

I barely touch my Wii U but Nintendo has been fantastic delivering to the consumers.

PSN + is fantastic don't get me wrong, but Sony has a terrible track record...

fry_looking_squint.jpg

• Angry the Clown changed the title to Sony's PlayStation+ - It pays for itself. Updates and PSN Sales ...