LCVG

Sony's PSN+ - It pays for itself. Updates and more ...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calling out your own trolling because it apparently wasn't savage enough for anyone online to give a shit about,... That's a first world problem! 

IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED.     Aw man, I just bought Knack two years ago for $7.99. I knew I should have waited.

Heads up, everyone, the season pass for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is currently on sale on PSN for $4.49 (normally $29.99). You don't even have to have PS Plus in order to get the deal.

Posted Images

I realize this is very old news at this point, but for fuck's sake, Poker Night at the Inventory 2 is one of the worst coded console games I've ever run across.  Console freezes, getting into states where I can't progress, repeated audio stutters when the game IS working otherwise.  What a piece of shit port, and pretty inexcusable.  It's a fucking POKER game and it can't run right.

I realize this is very old news at this point, but for fuck's sake, Poker Night at the Inventory 2 is one of the worst coded console games I've ever run across.  Console freezes, getting into states where I can't progress, repeated audio stutters when the game IS working otherwise.  What a piece of shit port, and pretty inexcusable.  It's a fucking POKER game and it can't run right.

The PC original isn't much better IMO. Super sluggish, over-complicated menus etc.

Castle of Illusion for PS3 free this week. Also includes the original Genesis version if you grab it within the next two weeks.

Annnd, another good game for our household. My son really enjoyed the demo and loves Mickey these days (been hitting the old school Mickey stuff on Netflix as of late), so once again PS+ delivers!

I was surprised that the Genesis version of Castle of Illusion was for the PS3, and not even available on Vita. Definitely assumed it was for Vita. Never played it before, pretty simple game, my 4 yd old son was breezing through even on Hard. The newer Illusion in contrast is great for him, a nice challenge.

Is there a comprehensive list or a landing page somewhere that shows everything in the sale?

EDIT: Found it.  Some damn good stuff in there for 0.99!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/18/ps-store-flash-sale-30-games-available-for-0-99-each/

I think I'm going to pick up Tokyo Jungle and Retro City Rampage at the very least, probably the Telltale series as well.  Anybody want to suggest any others or warn me off those?

Can't go wrong with Super Stardust HD for a buck.

Definitely agree, but I've owned it for a long time now! 

​I didn't know what Retro/Grade was, but it definitely looks worth a buck.  I think I'm going to pass on the Telltale stuff, especially after reading about choppy performance on the PS3.  Poker Night...'s bugs left me with enough of a bitter taste in my mouth.

There's a flash sale on PSN for the weekend.

Bunch of 99 cent sales including a ton of older Telltale stuff (all the Monkey Island and BttF episodes for 99 cents a series), Tokyo Jungle, Retro/Grade, Spyro, Clash, etc.

A ton of these games have been on PS+ through the years.. Finally tokyo jungle on sale.

Vikings groups are invading our modern world, and so far it's modern UK, at least as far as we've opened. You fight back with groups of citizens. You throw objects at the invaders, and the bigger group you have the larger the object you can pick up from the environment and attack with. Getting hit, or hitting the Vikings, knocks people from the group. You can gather your group size more back by picking up stray citizens. The gameplay is pretty basic to start, but it appears you gather new abilities as you level up, such as the skill of quick sprint to dodge or grab weapons, etc.

It's geared toward multiplayer but playable alone. There is a vs mode we haven't yet gotten to. The kids are enjoying it. So between the PS3 and Vita 99¢ is a nice price.

In and out of watching the kids play as I get stuff done around the house,... So to add to my Viking analysis,...

The battles build up to boss fights which the kids are really enjoying. They are playing together but also online, so other players occasionally join up with them in matches and play along side them battling the Vikings. Each player controls their own mob, and when you get to the boss areas it's necessary to work together to defeat the bosses, as the fights require coordination and a degree of puzzle solving.