LCVG
Romier S

Sony's PSN+ - It pays for itself. Updates and more ...

Right: newbie question time: I want Uncharted 3 and XCom from this, as currently listed. They're not on the April list however; is that because I need to hurry up before March titles disappear, or are they different? I obviously want PSN+, but if there's no rush to pay out I'll stick to the PS3 games I already have first.

Right: newbie question time: I want Uncharted 3 and XCom from this, as currently listed. They're not on the April list however; is that because I need to hurry up before March titles disappear, or are they different? I obviously want PSN+, but if there's no rush to pay out I'll stick to the PS3 games I already have first.

​When you say the April list, do you mean the list of newly announced titles?  Usually on the PS Plus blog, they will have a "Leaving Soon" section which notes which games will be dropping out of the instant game collection.  They happen at different rates. For instance, Tomb Raider dropped off quite quick, which Uncharted and XCom were added long before that and have stuck around.  I would just go ahead and sign up if I were you, you really aren't saving much if anything by waiting.  

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD for the Vita is the freebie this week.

Uncharted 3 and Xcom are part of the annual PS+ offerings. There are always a handful of games they keep up for a year. They were added last June (when they replaced LBP2, Uncharted 2 and Motorstorm Apocalypse) so we will probably get news of the next annual titles at E3 at which point there will be a refresh. I think Little Big Planet Karting is amongst them as one of the annual titles too from last year. 

Oh and welcome FINALLY to the world of the PS3. :)

As some of you may remember, the indie hit Braid was on sale this past weekend for a mere 99¢. I figured it was high time I played it. Here is my five-word review:

It made me feel dumb.

Puppeteer looks like it may be fun, but there's no way I'm playing Payday 2 on anything other than PC, because that's where everyone I know with it are.

Shit. Might get rid of my Puppeteer disc, then.

Limbo Vita is a certain download for me. I'll definitely give Stick it to the Man a try. The only indie I've tried as part of the service on the PS4 I haven't enjoyed was Don't Starve. That wasn't a bad game either, just not my type of game.

So, if you got a game from PS+ is there no way to actually buy the game if you wanted to? During the recent Easter sale, I believe it was Plants Vs Zombies for Vita that I was going to buy for $.99, but was unable to because I had gotten it from PS+ sometime last year.

Correct. It's been a "feature" since it begun, and the old 60 minute full game trials mess it up too.

It's possible to bug Sony support to allow you to do so - I had to do so a while back to make them "unlock" Red Dead Redemption because I'd done the trial to validate if it was worth buying.

I finished Brothers though frustratingly missed just one trophy which relies on you doing something in chapter 1 then something else in chapter 4, so I may go back to grab it. In spinet of that it was a really charming game and struck an emotional chord. The fiddly controls are really the only area in which it falters. 

Daylight releases on PS4 this Tuesday. Plus members get it for 9.99. Its the first Unreal 4 engine game out there.

Daylight releases on PS4 this Tuesday. Plus members get it for 9.99. Its the first Unreal 4 engine game out there.

Hope that's an Android with a swappable battery, or she's fucked!

I finished Brothers though frustratingly missed just one trophy which relies on you doing something in chapter 1 then something else in chapter 4, so I may go back to grab it. In spinet of that it was a really charming game and struck an emotional chord. The fiddly controls are really the only area in which it falters. 

You can go back and select the individual chapters to get that achievement.  It worked for me.

You can go back and select the individual chapters to get that achievement.  It worked for me.

Yes, I just went back and did it. I actually played through chapters 1 through to 4 again as I wasn't sure if skipping chapters 2 and 3 would cancel the achievement (it was the Love Birds one). Really is a charming game. Might actually be the most heartbreaking game I've ever played. Sadness runs throughout.