LCVG

Sony's PSN+ - It pays for itself. Updates and more ...

June US PS+ freebies:

PS4:

Trine 2

Pixeljunk Shooter

PS3:

NBA 2K14

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time

Vita:

Terraria

Mutant Mudds Deluxe

Sly Cooper is Cross Buy, so you probably get that on Vita as well

And interesting changes coming:

Next month, PlayStation Plus will reach its 4th year milestone. PS Plus has evolved a lot as a membership since then. We’ve provided our PS Plus members with numerous exclusive discounts, access to betas, demos and even select games early, and of course,free games to play through our Instant Game Collection. As our members have grown with us from our introduction on PS3, PS Vita and now PS4, together we have built a strong community of gamers around the world.

The excitement around PlayStation 4 has been tremendous, and it has been exciting to see how quickly our dedicated community has rallied around the system, adopting and engaging with its features and spreading the word about what makes PS4 the best console available. PlayStation Plus has been an essential part of PlayStation 4, providing access to next-gen online multiplayer and a steady stream of great games including Resogun, Outlast, Don’t Starve and Mercenary Kings. Since we are always looking to continue evolving PS Plus to be a service that really serves our community, we are excited to provide a more balanced set of games introduced each month with PS Plus. As you’ll see below, starting in June, members will have access to two titles per month for each of our platforms.

Since we’ve seen how excited many of you are to download Instant Game Collection titles as soon as they’re available, we’ve decided to adjust the length of time each title will be available. Starting in July, every title in the Instant Game Collection will be available the first Tuesday of the month, and will be free for the month, until the first Tuesday of the following month, taking the guesswork out of how long the game will be available for free. In the coming weeks, you’ll see that several of the titles that have had a nice, long stint in the Instant Game Collection will be phased out, so if you’re new to the service and haven’t had a chance to download all of the titles available through PS Plus — or if you’ve been thinking about subscribing but haven’t yet — now is the perfect time to get all the great games available with PS Plus.

Two titles per month, per platform, available on the first Tuesday of the month, until the first Tuesday of the next month, at which point all of htem will be replaced.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calling out your own trolling because it apparently wasn't savage enough for anyone online to give a shit about,... That's a first world problem! 

IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED.     Aw man, I just bought Knack two years ago for $7.99. I knew I should have waited.

Heads up, everyone, the season pass for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is currently on sale on PSN for $4.49 (normally $29.99). You don't even have to have PS Plus in order to get the deal.

Posted Images

Two titles per month, per platform, available on the first Tuesday of the month, until the first Tuesday of the next month, at which point all of htem will be replaced.

I like it!  Less waiting and more titles!  I, like most here, don't care about the games phasing out more quickly since I "purchase" them all as soon as they are available.

Another nice lineup this month as well...sounds like a broken record at this point.

Tearaway, which came with my VITA, is the only retail game I have purchased for the system outside of some PSN titles and old PS1 games. My VITA is almost exclusively fuelled by PS+. It's a marriage made in heaven. It's a brilliant piece of hardware to be perfectly honest. I love it.

My only purchased game for the VITA is Lumines.   I share your VITA love.

Just found out that the ZEN2 Pinball games for the PS4 are playable in 3D too - sweet!

If you have all three platforms ;) I'm effectively losing a game a month as just a PS3 owner.

This is more harsh than I intended (the joys of a busy afternoon). PS+ is still fantastic value. As a subscriber from pretty much the first month, I've more than got my money's worth. But the "Instant Game Collection" game new subscribers a huge chunk of value no matter when they subscribed on top of whatever new content was cycled into the set on a given month - it's that change that gave PS+ a huge brand awareness & made it really good value to people. By dropping it back down to only 6 at any time (and 2 per platform), it's definitely less immediate value, though as always the longer you subscribe, the more content you get access to.

For me as a one platform guy right now & long term subscriber, I gain a likely roughly similar amount of content as before month to month, but less content I can play. They want me to buy a PS4 + Vita, duh.

My VITA is almost exclusively fuelled by PS+.

Mine IS exclusively PS+, I haven't bought a single retail title and don't really plan to.  And I got my Vita bundle, memory card, and PS+ membership for free using credit card points from my Sony card.  Winning.   :biden 

Really is a great little machine.  And for fuck's sake, get a PS4, Brian!  Says the person who has been playing his PS3 more than anything else lately.

I guess I'm not as cheap as some folks here. My Vita game collection is comprised of a nice mix of games I've purchased (Tearaway, Limbo, Sly Cooper: Theives in Time, Gucamelee, Stealth Inc.) and freebies from PS+ (Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Rayman Origins).

It helps that most of the games I've purchased have been heavily discounted during various sales, and my PS+ membership has aided in scoring these games for even less money. I have several games that were purchased for $5 or less. It's crazy.

I guess I'm not as cheap as some folks here. My Vita game collection is comprised of a nice mix of games I've purchased (Tearaway, Limbo, Sly Cooper: Theives in Time, Gucamelee, Stealth Inc.) and freebies from PS+ (Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Rayman Origins).

It helps that most of the games I've purchased have been heavily discounted during various sales, and my PS+ membership has aided in scoring these games for even less money. I have several games that were purchased for $5 or less. It's crazy.

In another alternate universe you might be considered less patient. Those were all 'free' over the last year. ;-)

Seriously though, that is sometimes my (first world) dilemma, I don't mind supporting great development work with my money, although I do love getting a deal, but whenever I consider a PS title purchase I invariably think about how it just might be free next month. I have to weigh how annoying that situation would be. If a title ended up being great that purchase wouldn't bother me at all, but if the game ended up being disappointed the purchase would sting more knowing I could have just got it for free.

In the case of your purchases though, I wouldn't have regret. I (and the kids) enjoyed each of them. Of course that also highlights the value of PS+ as well, that those games were offered.

In another alternate universe you might be considered less patient. Those were all 'free' over the last year. ;-)

Tearaway has yet to be offered for free . Also, after waiting 8 years for a new Sly Cooper game, I was not going wait any longer than I had to in order to get it.

One man's cheap is another's frugal.  ;D

That's the thing, I have not spent much money at all on the Vita games I do legitimately own. Technically, the most I've ever spent on a Vita game would be Sly Cooper: Theives in Time at $30 (which itself was a discount from its normal pricetag of $40 at the time), but the truth is, I bought that game for the PS3 version more than the Vita. In fact, I didn't even own a Vita yet when I purchased the PS3 version. So, you could say I got the Vita version for free.

The next most expensive game I purchased was Tearaway last Christmas when it was on sale for $18. Otherwise, almost every other game I've purchased has been in the $5 or under territory. Sure, free is always the better, but it's not like I'm blowing tons of cash here.

Perhaps, "cheap" isn't the right word to use. Frugal is probably better.

This week's update.

Trine 2

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

NBA2k14.

July is when the "6 games each month on the first Tuesday" begins in the US, mind. They're rolling out the extra IGC games each week this month it looks like - a couple extra expire each week so far.

Today is a great day to join PS+, if you haven't already, people...

I have PS+ card I am saving for when I get a ps4 in a couple months. You think I should just redeem it now even though I only have a ps3? Planning to get a ps4 in October.

If you redeem it now, you'll have a library of games tied to your account for when you get that PS4 in addition to the PS3 freebies, for the duration of your subscription.

For example, if you activate your card today on the PS3 & go to the webstore, you'll be able to "buy" (you don't need to download, just go through the checkout process) these for later use:

PS4:

Resogun

Stick It To The Man

PS3:

Puppeteer

Skull Girls Encore

Pro Evo Soccer 2014

Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse remake

Stealth Inc

Thomas Was Alone

Lone Survivor

Remember Me

Payday 2

Uncharted 3 Single Player campaign

XCom Enemy Unknown

LittleBigPlanet Karting

Vita:

Surge Deluxe

Thomas Was Alone

Lone Survivor

Limbo

PixelJunk Monsters

Stealth Inc

Wipeout 2048

Gravity rush

Uncharted Golden abyss

And tomorrow, you'll be able to grab Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate and Trine 2 for the PS4. That's a heck of a lot of gaming.