LCVG
Romier S

Sony's PSN+ - It pays for itself. Updates and more ...

If they don't throw in some VR titles or something I'll certainly consider not renewing. It's been automatic for me for years, but losing the cross play titles hurts. Some of our best 'whole family' fun have come from the small cross play titles. They tend to be the games my wife and daughter will join in with taking turns from the boys.

Really though, the combo Xbox Live and Gamepass really puts this shinking PS+ benefit in its proper light. The PS has taken a back seat these days to the Xbox for the kids for its offerings, and this downsized PS+ lineup won't help. Now throw in some VR and the kids, and Dad, might be enticed to put down the Xbox and PC controllers. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, King of All Cosmos said:

It's shocking to log into the PSN+ free games page and see only two items. I knew it was going to happen, but my first thought was the page loaded incompletely, and I was tempted to press F5.

First world problems.

The end of the PS3 era made dig up this from earlier in the thread. It wasn't how PS+ started (hi, Qore!), but it's sure where it leaped into bigger awareness & value: 

9154890398_82020a975b_o.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 7:04 AM, foogledricks said:

First world problems.

I'll come clean and admit that I hate when people use this phrase.  It is such a deplorable tactic to trivialize someone's malcontent.  And that's why I work it into every discussion.

They are trying to see if people will cancel PS+. It's an experiment! I have over a year left on my sub. Kinda wish it was up right now, I'd love to give them some immediate negative financial feedback. 

Sony updates its refund policy and name change still coming....

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/legal/cancellation-policy/

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Requesting-a-Refund?language=en_US

Games, game add-ons, season passes, in-game consumables and PlayStation™Video titles

You can cancel a digital content purchase within 14 days from the date of purchase and receive a refund to your PSN wallet, provided that you have not started downloading or streaming it.
Digital content that you have started downloading or streaming, and in-game consumables that have been delivered, are not eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty.
You can cancel your purchase of a season pass within 14 days from the date of purchase and receive a refund to your PSN wallet, provided that you have not started downloading or streaming any digital content (e.g. game add-ons) included in the season pass.
If you purchase in-game consumables on the PlayStation™Store, they will be delivered when you next launch the game, until then you will have up to 14 days from the date of transaction to cancel. If you purchase in-game consumables during gameplay, they will be delivered immediately so you will not be able to cancel the purchase. In-game consumables are items such as virtual currencies (e.g. FIFA packs or GTA Cash Packs), boosts and other items that are depleted during gameplay.

Pre-Orders

You may cancel a pre-order of digital content at any time before the release date and receive a refund to your PSN wallet. If the release date has passed, you can still change your mind and request a refund to your wallet up to 14 days after payment was taken for the pre-order, provided that you have not started downloading or streaming the content to your device.
If you have started to download the main part of the order, you will not be able to request a refund. Please be aware that downloads will happen automatically if Automatic Downloads are enabled in your system settings. To turn off Automatic Downloads, head to [Settings] > [System] > [Automatic Downloads] and untick the checkbox next to “Application Update Files”.
If you have not started to download the main product and your order included immediately-accessible extra content, this extra content will stop working if you cancel your pre-order and you will receive a refund to your PSN wallet. If no additional content was included, you will receive a refund to the original payment method where possible*.
*We are unable to do this for certain payment methods. In those cases, the refund will be sent to your PSN wallet.
You may have additional refund rights under applicable local law for pre-order purchases if the release date changes; nothing in the summary above or below limits any such rights under local law.

Subscription Services

PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, and Spotify Premium
You can cancel your purchase of a subscription to PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now or Spotify Premium service and request a refund to your PSN wallet within 14 days from the initial transaction date, even after you start using the subscription. The refund may be reduced pro-rata to reflect the use you have had of the service. This may show as two transactions in your account transaction history: a refund to your wallet of the full amount originally paid and then a debit of a charge for the period of the service you received.
If you take advantage of a free trial when you sign up to a service, the 14-day cancellation period will commence on the day we accept your order of the free trial and the duration of the free trial will be included in the 14-day period. For example, if you sign up for a free trial which lasts 7 days and your wallet is debited for the subscription at the end of the trial, you will have 7 days after your wallet was debited to cancel.
Note: When you purchase PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now or Spotify Premium subscription service, you agree to a rolling subscription with periodic billing (e.g., annual billing). You can stop making payments at any time by turning off [Auto-renewal] (click here for more information) but, beyond the initial 14-day cancellation period, you will not receive a refund for payments already made. When you turn off [Auto-renewal], your subscription will continue until the next payment is due, at which point it will end.

13 hours ago, JTello said:

Scroll back up for lackluster reactions. 

I mean, feel free but I’ve been wanting to play “The Surge” so it’s a freebie I plan to grab. You have to decide whether the value is there for you or not but considering last month I grabbed “The Witness” and this month I’m getting another game - 1 game a month for 12 months is well worth the $60 a year to me (along with increased storage and some other factors). For those choosing one platform, yeah Gamepass has more value but then I pay for that, too and XBL Gold and Nintendo Online which is the skimpiest of the bunch but cheaper. 

I’d personally like to see an added VR game per month and that’s still a possibility. Until then, you do you.;)

I would love if they added VR titles or included PSNow. The 2 games this month aren’t big ones for me personally but, that’s ok. 

11 hours ago, Romier S said:

You have to decide whether the value is there for you or not but considering last month I grabbed “The Witness” and this month I’m getting another game - 1 game a month for 12 months is well worth the $60 a year to me (along with increase storage and some other factors).

Just to add to this, if you wait for the Plus membership to go on sale -- as it does usually a few times throughout the year -- you can get 12 months in the $40 range easily. Definitely worth it at that price in my opinion.

• Like 1

I’ll always keep it mainly because it is my son’s primary system for us to play together online. I do look for sales whenever I can though. 

I’m glad for the change in refund policy. They’ve had a similar policy in place in territories that require it for some time. 

Golden Week sale means lots of Japanese stuff and I am happy to recommend some fun visual novels!

I just finished 428: Shibuya Scramble and that one is a lot of fun. Good plot and characters and well-written if silly in spots, but it’s well worth the price.

Likewise, The Nonary Games is a steal at around $10 for two classic DS/Vita VNs in a Saw vein. Lots of clever playing with narrative and stuff in those.

I bought one of the Nonary Games. $50 had been little more than I wanted to pay for a visual novel game, and then the sale is a no-brainer. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, King of All Cosmos said:

Is there a deal anywhere on PS+ subscriptions? Mine expires soon.

Another one just popped up today from Newegg as well for $44:

Heads up: 12 month PS Plus memberships are currently on sale at the PlayStation Store for $40.

This month’s free games — Sonic Mania and Borderlands:The Handsome Collection — have a total value of $80. If you don’t think that’s a good deal, I don’t know what to tell you. 

• Like 2

Sony updated the July offerings which will now include Detroit Become Human digital deluxe edition as part of the service. That also includes the PS4 remaster of Heavy Rain.

• Like 2