LCVG

AMC's Breaking Bad

Dave C

Searched for a Breaking Bad discussion thread and surprised that I couldn't find one.

IMO, currently the best show on TV. Tonight's episode was intense! Fucking Walt!

Is there anyone who has AMC and does not watch this show? That would be so sad.

Last night's episode was the first one I've watched live-ish. I've had to play catch up on S3 all last week.

What a great episode. S3 has been really amazing.

IMO, currently the best show on TV. Tonight's episode was intense! Fucking Walt!

I was expecting Walt to come in and save/stop Jessie, but I wasn't expecting that.

Great finale, but I feel cheated. They tacked an extra 45 minutes onto the run time. I assumed it was going to be a longer finale episode, but instead it was a sneak peak at a new show. CHEAP TRICK, A&E!

Walt is really making a power play against Pollo. Next season there will be hell. Loved the scene where pollo's dude went in and got his killstreak.

Carlos.

The decision to move the conflict from the Cousins to Walt and Gus was an inspired one. My God the tension in the last couple of episodes has been unbearable. Any time Walt and Gus had a scene together as they continually measure each other up - even if its just looking at one another with no dialogue - are moments of acting and story telling beauty.

Keep waiting for Gus's calm, phlegmatic exterior to crack. That will be a helluva scene to see.

Mike is one bad dude.

Awesome finish to an intense season. What a great cast.

Good post S3 interview with creator Vince Gilligan - http://tinyurl.com/28lfh5x . Interesting to note that he purposefully approached the season with no set season arc in place. It sure worked out pretty good for him this season.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

making my way through S3 on Blu-Ray, there aren't enough superlatives to describe this show. It's amazing on every front.

Ed - completely agree. My wife and I just finished the first 5 episodes of S3, and I continue to be amazed by how good the show is. I'm not sure how to do spoilers, so I won't say exactly what happened, but towards the end of Season 2 when Walt breaks into a house and just watches something happen without helping the situation is quite possibly the most powerful/dastardly thing I've ever seen on TV. So good...

I saw the first season on dvd from Netflix and, while I really liked it, I failed to get the second season from Netflix. Recently, AMC repeated all 3 seasons by showing 2 episodes every Wednesday so I tivo'd so I can do a marathon before the next season begins next month.

Yeah I love Bryan Cranston performance here...That guy can act...

I loved the bit where made a bomb out of what looked like crystal meth, throws it to the ground and blows all the windows of TUCO's office.

I got first 2 seasons from Netflix, bought the 3rd from iTunes so I could catch up during my vacation :)

When's it start up again?

My wife wouldn't watch it. Her only exposure to it was walking through the livingroom during scenes with Cranston standing around in his tighty whiteys, which was apparently enough to keep her away. :lol: I know she'd get hooked if she sat down and watched it, though.

• 1 month later...