LCVG

Blu-Ray General Discussion Part 3

Mentioned recently that it was in the works, but Arrow today formally announced their release of 12 Monkeys for both UK and US in October.

dd053f15-e4ee-41e0-a835-4d142449650a.jpg

3938238a-6f44-4cb0-8181-05f0e594c00f.jpg

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Terry Gilliam

• DTS 5.1 Master Audio

• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing

• Audio commentary by Terry Gilliam and producer Charles Roven

• The Hamster Factor and Other Tales of Twelve Monkeys, feature-length making-of documentary by Keith Fulton and Louis Pepe (Lost in La Mancha)

• Extensive image galley

• Theatrical trailer

• More to be announced!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'd think if they paid for a dang Led Zeppelin song, at least CRANK IT!  

By the way, Shout have a collection of the REC movies hitting at the end of the month!       The first two are excellent. The third is a shift in tone but I've come to really enjoy

January 2018.  

Posted Images

I'm still really interested to see that Kino have been able to licence titles from Disney lately. They say they still have over 100 more titles to come from Disney's ABC/Selznick/Touchstone/Hollywood catalogue.  We know they've been re-doing some of the titles Mill Creek previously churned out as shovelware, but I'd be deliriously happy if we got titles like What About Bob and a remaster of Gross Pointe Blank (as Disney's own Grosse Pointe Blank disc is atrocious). Also I feel the world needs a Turner and Hooch blu-ray. I wouldn't scoff at a remaster of Con Air but am not sure if Disney will let anyone have titles like that and Grosse Pointe Blank which they have previously released themselves. 

Shout seemed to indicate their Gravity Falls licence from Disney was a one off, but I hope it sells well and it leads to further collaborations. I really need to import that set come to think of it. 

I wish Disney would be more relaxed about licensing titles. I'm still really frustrated about all the stuff they lock away under their US only Disney Movie Club membership label as I REALLY want those discs of Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Return to Oz, Herbie, Parent Trap, Freaky Friday...etc...etc and I think my only option for getting them is at a premium via eBay. Grrrr.

• 2 weeks later...

Disney are going to release "Celebrating Mickey" on Blu-ray on the 23rd of October, a compilation of a whopping...... thirteen classic Mickey shorts. They do know plenty of us would be more than happy to re-buy every Disney Treasures set if they were released in HD, right? It astounds me that they don't realise how they could bleed Disney collector's dry putting that kind of stuff out there. 

Prince of Egypt FINALLY coming to Blu-ray on the 16th of October!

80245_medium.jpg

Special Features 

• Includes a digital copy of The Prince of Egypt (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
  • The Making of The Prince of Egypt
  • "When You Believe" Multi-Language Presentation
  • The Basics of Animation: The Chariot Race
  • Focus on Technical Effects
  • Feature Commentary with Directors Brenda Chapman, Steve Hickner, and Simon Wells

Technical Information 
Run Time: Theatrical : 1 Hour(s) 39 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG
Language & Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / Brazilian Portuguese DTS Digital Surround 5.1 / Dutch DTS Digital Surround 5.1 / Flemish DTS Digital Surround 5.1 / French Canadian DTS Digital Surround 2.0 / French European DTS Digital Surround 5.1 / Japanese DTS Digital Surround 5.1 / Latin Spanish DTS Digital Surround 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH / Brazilian Portuguese / Dutch / French European / Japanese / Latin Spanish
Picture: Widescreen / Color

Think those extras are the same as the ancient DVD, but I'll take it.

ANTZ is also coming on the same day:

26239_medium.jpg

Special Features 

• Includes a digital copy of Antz (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
  • Production Featurette
  • Basics of Computer Animation
  • Antz Facial Animation
  • Character Design
  • Feature Commentary with Directors Tim Johnson and Eric Darnell

Technical Information 
Run Time: Theatrical : 1 Hour(s) 23 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG
Language & Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / Brazilian Portuguese DTS Digital Surround 5.1 / Castilian Spanish DTS Digital Surround 5.1 / Dutch DTS Digital Surround 5.1 / French Canadian DTS Digital Surround 2.0 / French European DTS Digital Surround 5.1 / Japanese DTS Digital Surround 5.1 / Latin Spanish DTS Digital Surround 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH / Brazilian Portuguese / Castilian Spanish / Dutch / French European / Japanese / Latin Spanish
Picture: Widescreen / Color

I wonder if Antz will be a direct digital transfer. The DVD pre-dated those kind of masters (I believe Bug's Life was the first to come from the digital files).

Now give me my Chicken Run and Curse of the Were-Rabbit! (wouldn't say no to Road to El Dorado and Sinbad either. Weird how Spirit got a Blu-ray in 2002, and a re-issue this past June, but those are stuck in limbo).

Mmm. I know both it and Antz turn 20 this year, and that’ll likely be the main reason behing getting them out (though you wouldn’t know it to look at the cover art and lack of new extras on either), but hopefully it is sign that with Universal now having ownership and full control of the Dreamworks Animation catalogue we’ll see more unreleased titles. 

This will be mine! Oh Yes.

maxod.png.9584595cc6070072c52fb2851585d73c.png

Stephen King's MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE!

- NEW: Audio Commentary with Writer Tony Magistrale, Author of Hollywood’s Stephen King
- NEW: Audio Commentary by Actor and Comedian Jonah Ray and Blumhouse Film Executive Ryan Turek
- NEW: “Truck Stop Tales” Featurette – An Interview with Producer Martha De Laurentiis
- NEW: “Rage Against the Machines” Featurette – An Interview with Actress Laura Harrington
- NEW: “Honeymoon Horrors” Featurette – Interviews with Actor John Short and Actress Yeardley Smith
- NEW: “Maximum Carnage” Featurette – An Interview with Make-Up Effects Creator Dean Gates
- “A Kid in King’s Court” Featurette – An Interview with Actor Holter Graham
- NEW: “The Wilmington Factor” Featurette – A Look Back at the Filming of Maximum Overdrive with Members of the Production Crew in North Carolina
- NEW: “Who Made Who?” Featurette – An Interview with Murray Engleheart, Co-Author of AC/DC: Maximum Rock & Roll
- NEW: “Goblin Resurrectus” Featurette – The Restoration of the Happy 
Toyz Golbin
- Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Still Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots

• 5 weeks later...

Arrow are releasing Waterworld in December in both the UK and US.

ef02ad10-6882-43c5-bc67-b218c0f5fb9b.jpg

TWO-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• New restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative by Arrow Films, presenting the film in three cuts
  • Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 stereo audio options
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Six collector’s postcards
  • Double-sided fold-out poster
  • Limited edition 60-page perfect-bound book featuring new writing on the film by David J. Moore and Daniel Griffith, archival articles and original reviews
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper

DISC ONE – THE THEATRICAL CUT 

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the original theatrical cut
  • Maelstrom: The Odyssey of Waterworld, an all-new, feature-length making-of documentary including extensive cast and crew interviews and behind the scenes footage
  • Original archival featurette capturing the film's production
  • Global Warnings, film critic Glenn Kenny explores the subgenre of ecologically aware Hollywood blockbusters
  • Production and promotional stills gallery
  • Visual effects stills gallery
  • Original trailers and TV spots

DISC TWO – THE EXTENDED CUTS [LIMTED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the extended US TV cut, which runs over 40 minutes longer than the theatrical cut
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the extended European “Ulysses” cut, which includes censored shots and dialogue

I... kind of want this?

Will likely leave it for a non ltd ed discs only release. Would like to see the documentary. 

Yeah. That one is UK/Region B only I think. HMV have regular Arrow Video sales over here where you can typically pick up five discs for £30, or singles for £6 each and it's one I'd likely save for that (same for Waterworld too, though I've never seen the extended cuts which I see are only going to be in the ltd ed so may get it at some point sooner).