LCVG

Singles Top Spin Tournament

foogledricks

Alright, we got our 16 people. Thank you to everyone for tolerating my nazi-like mission to get this tournament going. From this point on, we'll use the XSN message boards to communicate. This is necessary because not everyone in this tournament is from this forum.

Here are the first round matchups. Yeah baby! Coordinate amongst yourselves.

JTello

Mister Doodads

BIZNITCH28

ant1

xPieter

kfredericks

Super Dave

Marte

MrBrett

kimmyFreds

Thro

FreakTornado

Sherbz

Echizen Ryoma

adamsappel

Nightwing

I'd like an invite. It might help to just post the password and links here, rather than relying on invites. I don't even see the tournament listed on the Join Competitions page.

So far, I think XSNsports sucks. All the great stat-tracking doesn't matter if it's a pain in the ass and/or impossible to find and join tournaments.

So we are still using the setup for the 'couples' tournament, it's just singles now? I follow. Will we find out who our first competitor is on the 28th and then play prior to the 30th? That's the impression I got from the XSN site.

Top Spin doesn't seem to let others know you're available for a Live game while in the career mode, which is very annoying because if I see a Friend online in the game it means I have to wait until they are done with a whole match before they can accept my invite. Point being, if anyone ever sees I'm online in another game (PGR2 or Amped 2 for instance), and wants to play Top Spin, send me an invite and I'll switch over. Thanks,

Pieter

I had originally intended for it to be female-only. Though at this point I do not think that can be enforced. In fact, I have not played an XSN game yet, and imagine that each game will allow a choice. How do the XSN games work? I am guessing that someone must host each game, and therefore choose a gender.

Once again, I am sorry. But XSN DELETED the tournament for no reason. Sorry to frustrate you all. But I am happy to announce that I've started a Top Spin TOUR that starts next week, and you've all been invited. I have made this tour public, so please join ASAP to reserve your spot.

INVITEES

H1ro, fighting fish, Mister Doodads, NPYYZ, ant1, Kfredericks, JTello, Nightwing, xPieter, WarEagle, OCGN Hiro, Thro, ElmoVT, JGDiablo, spubiga, MrBrett, Sonic Yogurt

http://www.XSNsports.com/TopSpin/JoinGroup/?tgid=1264

LCVG TSPIN TOUR

I hear you Ant1. There was no particular reason why I chose female gender for the Tour. I am sorry if this has excluded the use of your career player. I myself have not even created my own player of either gender. For the purposes of this tournament, it is not a requirement that you have your own user-created player. There is no way for me to change the gender.

If people enjoy themselves playing in this tour, for the next tournament we will all vote on the settings we wish to have (e.g. gender, location, days to play, etc.). Again, sorry, I hope that you participate despite the gender. At this point I don't want to cancel/restart the tournament because of the previous fiascos.

Yep, that is exactly what happened. The tournament was not filled, and was therefore cancelled. But yes, there is a new one, it is a tour, and the information is at the top of this thread.

The timespan is indeed long for this tour, which is the very nature of a tour. The only way to make the tour shorter, is to decrease the participants, or the timespan people have to play their games. Right now this is 16-person tour, with a 48-hour time period for playing games. Any less than that and I think the missed games would be too high.

I have a friend who will compete with us, but he isn't a member of the forum. I can 'vouch' for him and will accept full responsibility if he turns out to be an abusive asshat; don't worry, it won't happen. Can I just give him the tour name and password or do you (Keith) need to invite him seeing as how you're the ringleader?

Pieter