LCVG
Romier S

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Does anyone know what the hell I do with Azura's star? Went through hell getting it and now it just sits there, "empty", in my inventory. NPC's will comment on it but if I can't fling it into bad guys faces like that dude from that movie "Krull" I don't think I need it.

Jeff, where did you find it?? I'm thinking my quest is broken/glitched, or something. I tried to get it. Found the dude that's supposed to have it. I'm in the correct waterlogged dungeon/fort. Actually found the place previous to the quest and had it half cleaned out beforehand. Anyhow...no damn star!!! If ya can "spoiler" the answer for me, that'd be great!

Argh those disarm shouts are obnoxious. I nearly lost my bow twice and my did lose a good sword because of a couple disarms. So far the most irritating thing in-game I've encountered.

So THAT'S why sometimes one of my weapons just disappears when a fight starts with certain enemies!!! Hell, I thought it was another Bethesda Fuck Up. LOL

So - the save files are transferrable from the 360 to PC - is the opposite true?

I might be inclined to buy the steam version of the game if I knew I could play the same game on both systems...

Got the collector's edition for my birthday. Came with the game, a DVD, 200-page leather-bound art book, and a big-ass statue of Alduin.

Still haven't played the game yet. :P

So - the save files are transferrable from the 360 to PC - is the opposite true?

I might be inclined to buy the steam version of the game if I knew I could play the same game on both systems...

Can anyone confirm this? I might be tempted to do something I haven't done in many years and buy a new PC to play Skyrim in all its glory along with the upcoming Diablo III, Planetside 2, etc.

Oh, and I am not a "statue" kinda person, but once the Skyrim CE starts getting marked down, I'll be all over it. I wish my soundtrack would hurry up and get here. Has anybody received theirs?

You can transfer a PC file over to 360 as well. The only thing that is an issue is the version of the game. I believe you cannot transfer a save file to a game that is a lower version than what the save file was played on.

Having all of the books on the Kindle is pretty amazing. Nice to be able to read them on my own time without taking away from my in-game exploits!

Does anyone know what the hell I do with Azura's star? Went through hell getting it and now it just sits there, "empty", in my inventory. NPC's will comment on it but if I can't fling it into bad guys faces like that dude from that movie "Krull" I don't think I need it.

It's a soul gem than can be used and refilled unlimited times without being destroyed.

Jeff, where did you find it?? I'm thinking my quest is broken/glitched, or something. I tried to get it. Found the dude that's supposed to have it. I'm in the correct waterlogged dungeon/fort. Actually found the place previous to the quest and had it half cleaned out beforehand. Anyhow...no damn star!!! If ya can "spoiler" the answer for me, that'd be great!

When you first walk into that dungeon the obvious place to go is straight ahead on the same level as you, there's nothing there though besides baddies to kill, where you need to go is to the right and up from where the water is flowing, there's another door up there, I missed it the first time as well and only found it using the clairvoyance spell. Up there you'll find

the guy's skeleton and can just take the star, take it back to the shrine of Azura and you'll have to go into the star to clean the dark spirit of the guy out of it.

Just killed my first Dragon Priest (almost level 20 now). The battle at Shearpoint was intense. First a nasty Blood Dragon that wasn't too bad and as soon as I walk up to learn the new shout, Krosis pops out of his coffin and wants to have words. Lydia held up pretty nicely and I used the Sanguine Rose to summon a Dramora to hold him at bay while I popped him with dual Lightning Bolt spells. Fun stuff and his mask his pretty damned nice.;)

I think this was mentioned, but let me ask again. Lydia appeared to die on me a few days ago. I could have sworn she then showed up out of no where while I was walking around. But, now she's totally gone. Is it possible that they can be dead? If you buy a mercenary from the bar, do they stay with you for long?

Also, the dragon scales and bones... I bought a house finally. Dropped a bunch of stuff in there for later. Is the only thing those do is created armor? I am going Light Armor, are they worth keeping and getting my Smithing up for it?

All followers can die (even hired ones). Some are more hardy than others but you really have to work to have them die from what I've noticed. When they are near death they usually fall to one knee. If you leave them there, an enemy will usually finish them off but if you draw attention away from them, they will usually recover given enough time. Lydia is going pretty strong for me. I have her decked out in full Orcish Armor and she has a pretty beastly two handed enchanted Elven Hammer I gave her. She's the perfect pure melee companion for my Sorcerer.

I've not put much into restoration (I'm a potion guy myself) so there may be a way to heal them. I would imagine giving them potions will also allow them to heal themselves but I've not tried that yet either.

By the way, if you are playing the game on consoles you may want to avoid the latest patch. Reading the Skyrim forums, it appears the new patch completely breaks resistances in the game. In other words, resistances no longer work at all. Your items may tell you your 30% more resistance to fire, but it does nothing. Same goes for racial stats (i.e. Dunmer are no longer 50% resistance to fire, etc). You can read the thread here:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1297815-dont-install-12-patch-it-breaks-the-game/page__st__20

Hopefully it's pulled off the server. I won't be updating:(.

I've not put much into restoration (I'm a potion guy myself) so there may be a way to heal them. I would imagine giving them potions will also allow them to heal themselves but I've not tried that yet either.

There is a perk that allows you to use your heal spells on other people so it does allow you to heal your followers and yes if you do give them potions they will use them.

All followers can die (even hired ones). Some are more hardy than others but you really have to work to have them die from what I've noticed. When they are near death they usually fall to one knee. If you leave them there, an enemy will usually finish them off but if you draw attention away from them, they will usually recover given enough time. Lydia is going pretty strong for me. I have her decked out in full Orcish Armor and she has a pretty beastly two handed enchanted Elven Hammer I gave her. She's the perfect pure melee companion for my Sorcerer.

Eh, I've had Lydia around a lot and constantly put her in dangerous situations, and I think it's incredibly rare for them to die except by your own hand. Now, once they take a knee that can be pretty easy in the chaos of combat because they have only a sliver of health at that point. But my experience is that all enemies will immediately ignore them when they get in that state.

Ok, well, I appreciate the comments. Thinking back, I'm pretty sure I was going a bit wild with my Flame Throwing Hand! I do remember her making some comment about me burning her... but in the heat of the battle, I had no time for sympathy. Looks like I did kill her. Oh well, moving on, have no time for regret! ;)