LCVG
Romier S

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Yeah, the knee dropping thing happened first when I killed her. Then she stood up slightly weaker and got in the path and was overkilled.

Even without the perk, one of the restoration spells (healing hands I think) lets you funnel magic power into an NPC to restore health.

Ok, well, I appreciate the comments. Thinking back, I'm pretty sure I was going a bit wild with my Flame Throwing Hand! I do remember her making some comment about me burning her... but in the heat of the battle, I had no time for sympathy. Looks like I did kill her. Oh well, moving on, have no time for regret! ;)

thats how I killed that damn Farendal.... and I wanted to use that Archery cheat :(

But my experience is that all enemies will immediately ignore them when they get in that state.

Hate to argue, but I have to disagree. I was running away from a Dragon Priest last night in the middle of combat to heal myself while Lydia was fighting him. She dropped to one knee as I was running around the back of a slope. The priest turned to start after me, then turned back over to Lydia and popped her with a fireball to finish her off. I reloaded the game at that point to restart the fight.

I don't disagree that it's a rarity but I've seen them go after a downed follower multiple times now.

and yes if you do give them potions they will use them.

I figured as much. Thanks for the confirmation. I'll have to give Lydia some healing potions when next I load up the game.

Woke up, fired up Skyrim, downloaded the patch, then came here. Fucking Bethesda. On the plus side, my other 360 Slim only has the 1.1 patch. I can at least play it on that.

-Dean-

Dean, it looks like there are reports that Bethesda has removed the 1.2 patch off of the servers. Unsubstantiated at the moment bu if that's the case you should be able to clear the cache on the console which will redownload and apply the 1.1 patch. I'll post any updates on confirmation of the patch removal.

EDIT: Looks like it may be only the PC version that's been pulled right now.I'd have to imagine this will be taken down for the console version too, soon.

Good thing I checked here first before booting up my Xbox. Too bad, I was looking forward to this patch so I could finally install the game to my HD.

I decided to start over after 30+ hours. My chacter dies way to easily now and im just not happy with the way my character is going. I rolled another Dark Elf and i am going full on Mage with archery as a backup. I plowed through the dungeon to get the dragon claw and dual wielding magic is lethal.

I also went with the Nord instead of the Imperial after the dragon attack at the start. This led me to the same town but a different set of people. I got the key to the Nords sisters house by doing that. I'm wondering if i can store shit there until i get my house in Whiterun.

I dunno if it has anything to do with the new patch, or just somehting that needs to be patched in general, but I was unable to complete a quest last night. It was the beginning of the Thieves Guild quest where I have to shake down three shopowners for cash. I tried to take the diplomatic way, but one person didn't want to talk to me. Their assistant offered me a solution of finding items to blackmail her. When I returned with those items....she still wouldn't talk and the assistant is looking at me like I raped her.

I never used Lydia. I got in a bar fight with someone in Whiterun (?) and used her. She's pretty tough and hasn't died yet. I leave it to her to do most of my dragon slaying, while I find a giant boulder to hide behind...only popping out to take the final strike :)

Hmm I thought it was odd when I died with 1 spray of ice from a mages staff last night. I was at full health. I take it this is the resistance bug people are talking about? Ya know as soon as I booted up and downloaded the patch I had the thought of "I sure hope this doesn't muck things up". Oh well I managed to get a bunch of side quests completed and didn't really notice anything too crazy. I did encounter a dragon that started to fight me and my companion then proceeded to fly away and start swooping over the water spraying at what I can assume were fish, crabs or whatever. It took me 5 minutes to draw his attention back to me. I start my work week tonight so hopefully they have this ironed out by Sunday. If not I think it will be time to finally return to Uncharted 3. :)

Lydia died quite a while back while we were fighting a dragon that jumped us, somewhere in the forests down by Riften. I got caught up in fighting it, and wasn't paying attention to her. After the battle, I found her dead in the weeds. Dragons apparently don't care if you're down on one knee! Much farther into the game, I was coming out of a different exit to a dungeon, that opened up to a large valley beneath me. A dragon attacked me so I said screw it and turned around right back into the dungeon. Exited the main entrance that I originally entered in and found my horse dead. I think that damn dragon killed it, before it swooped over the ridge, down to where I was at.

Read about Bethesda screwing up the game with their patch, last night so I turned off the Steam's automatic updates. Fucking Bethsoft... still love their bug ridden games though. I wonder if their QA dept ever gets read the riot act?

Already hit level 7 and and am getting ready to talk to the Greybeards. I'm knocking tat questline out early since that shout at level 3 saves my ass a lot. Dual Wielding magic is so damn good. Took down a Frost Troll on my own since Lydia was taking her sweet ass time climbing the mountain. Frost Troll did not stand a chance. I threw a perk in Dual Casting Alteration and that has been great. Also found a tomb in my travels that I didn't find before. Got some sweet Necromancer robes and a nice mace I'll disenchant out of there. Also can use the guy, that I helped, as a companion. I also got a staff off of a random mage at the start that let me conjure a familiar which also helped a bunch.

I'm actually happy I restarted as a robe wearing mage. No dealing with armor weight, weapon weight, etc. I can sell all my dragon bones, scales, etc. I'll continue with my other toon eventually. I'm level 26 with him and just may end up going one handed weapon/shield/bow combo. No magic.

If you have the PC version and the Skyrim script extender, a modder has released a fix for the resistance bug. It seems like a very simple fix if that is indeed the problem. You can see it here:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1288179-wipz-skyrim-script-extender-skse/page__st__120__p__19568346#entry19568346

Long story short, diffing the 1.1 and 1.2 executables after seeing all the bug reports to see if I could fix any of them. There's a MagicTarget interface class that is implemented by everything you can damage. One of the virtual functions on that class is used to calculate resistance (as a scale factor), and the diff showed that for the versions used by Actor (base class for Character/PlayerCharacter) it had fallen back to the base class' implementation of "return 1" instead of the larger function before. A new virtual function with roughly the same code as the old MagicTarget function appeared on Actor, but it isn't being called. It seems like someone accidentally misnamed or changed the signature of that function in Actor (or vice versa), so it isn't overriding the function in the interface.

SKSE now has a shim that hooks up the function properly. Yes, the fix is intentional.

Bethblog has an update including details on an incremental patch next week to fix the resistance bug and the backwards flying dragons:

http://www.bethblog....ere-working-on/

As of today, it’s been three weeks since we released Skyrim worldwide. We’re simply blown away by the response, from new and old fans, and amazed by the sheer number of people playing the game. It’s been absolutely fantastic hearing your stories, seeing early mods, and watching fan videos (more live music ones please, we love those).

We want to thank everyone reading this for playing our game and supporting all it tries to do. We wouldn’t have this success without you, and we want you to know we’re committed to making your Skyrim experience even better. And not just in the short term, but over the life of the game. Here’s a quick peek at what we’re working on right now:

Creation Kit — Beginning in January, PC players will be able to download the same development tools we used at Bethesda Game Studios to create Skyrim. In tandem with the Creation Kit’s release, we will roll out a new Wiki and videos to help you get started. It also features something we think you’re going to love…

Steam Workshop – We’re excited to share news that we’ve been working closely with Valve to integrate Steam Workshop into the Creation Kit. Using the Workshop, you’ll have free user content with the push of a button. The Creation Kit will bundle your mod and upload it to the Workshop, where everyone can browse, rate, and flag mods for download. You’ll be able to do this from any web device, including your smartphone. Like a live Netflix queue, when you fire up Skyrim, mods you flagged will be automatically downloaded and installed. Everyone here is really excited about the opportunities and possibilities this opens up for our entire community.

Prefer to use existing modding sites? Not a problem. You’ll still be able to upload/share/access Skyrim mods on fan-created mod sites.

Continued Game Updates – This week we released update 1.2 across all platforms, and we’ll be releasing an incremental update next week. We anticipate it will be up on PC first, and then hit PS3 and Xbox 360 later in the week. Among other things, the update will fix issues like magic resistance not calculating properly and the rare, amazing backwards flying dragon. Once the update is released, we’ll share the full release notes.

After the holidays, we’ll continue to release regular updates for the game — through full title updates, as well as incremental “gameplay updates” to fix whatever issues come up along with rebalancing portions of the game for difficulty or exploits. We plan on having a lot of these, not just a few. Overall, you should expect updates to be hitting the PC and Steam earlier and more often, as that’s a process we control. Console updates will follow, as they must be certified and processed by those manufacturers.

We all know this is a huge game, and everyone has a different experience. We’ll continue to do everything we can to make the game better and better for as many people as possible every day. We’ve also realized that with the millions upon millions of people playing Skyrim, we need to treat our updates with greater care. If we get too aggressive trying to fix a minor issue, we run a risk of breaking something larger in a game like this. To be safe, we are prioritizing code side fixes right now over data fixes. Quest and balance issues are usually data, and those will start rolling in a large way with the January updates.

Thanks again for your continued support and patience. We truly have the best fans in the world, and we couldn’t do it without you.

Guess I will continue to play offline on my non-patched 360. :)

Played for just a bit today. I did the alternate option for the quest that involves the Redstorm Girl hiding out in the Whiterun tavern. Instead of turning her over, I decided to kill the leader of the group that was chasing her. When to Smuggler's Den and once you confront him, you get the option again to turn her over, I chose to fulfil my promise to her and kill him.That option unleashes him and another half dozen or so of hi companions at you at once. This was a true test for my mage. I conjured up my trusty ethereal wolf companion, dual casted Oakflesh, and then proceeded to burn them all until they were dead. :)

One Health potion used and one Magika potion used for the battle. I have to say, going full on, dual-casting Mage is really fucking badass. Plus, my Dark Elf in Necromancer Robes is tough looking. :)