LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Derrik Draven

Neogaf Forums

Wasn't sure if this was the correct forum to put this post in. Figured it's only an online subject, and it's dealing with games. Anyhow...

Are any of you guys full members of this forum? I applied MONTHS ago...actually might've even been the end of 2010....STILL haven't had my approval for membership. I can read posts, and I have a profile on their site but, still nothing. I've read the faqs, and it says it can take a while for them to go through all the requests, basically by hand, but DAMN!!! Didn't fill out my request with any shady shit.

How long did it take any of you guys to become members with posting abilities?

It can take a lot of time as they usually do newbie approvals in bunches and they try to stagger new influxes. I became a member some years ago and it took nearly two months to get approved.

Aside from that, cheating on us Derrick? I see how it is man!

Aside from that, cheating on us Derrick? I see how it is man!

:lol: I was wondering if someone was gonna say that!

Quite honestly, LCVG is THE number 1 forum I use for almost everything. Remember people on here talking about the neogaf forums so, I thought I'd check it out.

horrible forum... alot of the guys that came over from the Footballthread.com website to here were/are part of Neogaf, though most of have been banned from over there for incredibly idotic things. (I got banned for life for apparently laughing about someone making a joke about PC Players being all Pirates, mind you that was my first, only and last offense with Neogaf) It's also filled with incredibly weird threads in the OffTopic that make you scratch your head and ask who the hell are these people?

horrible forum... alot of the guys that came over from the Footballthread.com website to here were/are part of Neogaf, though most of have been banned from over there for incredibly idotic things. (I got banned for life for apparently laughing about someone making a joke about PC Players being all Pirates, mind you that was my first, only and last offense with Neogaf) It's also filled with incredibly weird threads in the OffTopic that make you scratch your head and ask who the hell are these people?

Off Topic is like that table at lunch in high school full of people you know will never get laid in their life, except there are hundreds of them all asking how do I get laid.

Off Topic is like that table at lunch in high school full of people you know will never get laid in their life, except there are hundreds of them all asking how do I get laid.

:lawl

Honestly, neogaf is a pretty shitty forum, but it can be fun for a laugh sometimes (I lurk there). If you want a good forum (BESIDES THIS ONE), I recommend the penny-arcade forums. I always found them pretty awesome, depending on the topic.

I only look at that site for the .gifs & Photoshops, I swear!

I used to do that on NPD release day for laughs. Without the full numbers it's kind of pointless now

Maybe they require proof of being bitter and cynical about video games before approving memberships?

I think it was many months before I got approved. I signed up and then completely forgot about it, then one day I got an email about it. I'm still working on my righteous indignation skills before I dare contribute.