LCVG

to action replay or not

ant1

hi all, as some of you have raced in my rooms the last few nights i have a question to ask. i have a moddded xbox and a clean one, i can download a game save from the internet that will give me all the cars and tracks. what i am interested in is all the tracks as i do not have the hours to put in single player to unlock them all, at least not for a while. however i do feel it is cheap and too easy, but damn i've raced some tracks online that i'd like to offer up in my rooms.

what would be the consensus on this, do you prefer to slowly discover new tracks or have at them right now.

all this will be mute if i discover that i have to erase my profile.

No need for an Action Replay, Ant. As always I'm more than happy to allow others to unlock tracks when I'm online. If you're interested when I get back we can run the tracks you need, so you don't have to use the Action Replay or someone elses game save.

I think the most pertinent issue with ARs and PGR2 is in the issue of unlocking cars. I was in a public room earlier last night and one of the asshats whipped out his TVR Cerebra. Impressed, I asked if he has beaten Platinum mode. He hasn't. In fact, he's ranked Level 3 online. He used Action Replay.

Pretty soon, all the times on the 'Ring will be set by TVRs and not all of them will have earned that car. Platinum is pretty damn hard and I have reservations about my ability to beat that mode.

:?

Man, cheaters suck.

Originally posted by Beer Monkey@Nov 25 2003, 01:42 PM

If you aren't good enough to unlock the TVR yourself, will you still be good enough to set a top ten time with it?

How many Platinum medals do you have?

I ask because Platinum is really quite hard. Harder than doing fast laps of the 'Ring.

As it stands, I feel as though I won't be able to do all the challenges in Platinum, but if given the opportunity to drive the TVR, I'm pretty certain I can set a Top Ten with it. I may be deluded, but there it is.

I still have to finish Silver and Gold first, though...

Originally posted by Beer Monkey@Nov 25 2003, 10:42 AM

If you aren't good enough to unlock the TVR yourself, will you still be good enough to set a top ten time with it?

I think so yes. Maybe not everyone, but some people will have enough skill combined with the fastest car in the game to post top 10's.

I know I'm not in the top 10 in terms of overall skill in this game, not even close...but I've managed to squeak into the top 10 on the Ring (at least for a few days).

I think they should have a separate top 10 listing for each of the ultimate cars.

Originally posted by Beer Monkey@Nov 25 2003, 01:42 PM

It really depends on if the person is skilled in racing games and gets one of these saves at the start or later on. To them, they might just want to get to everything at the start and not have to go through everything in the game to get there. These people will stand a chance at top 10 times after some solid playing time.

Now, if the person is not skilled and uses a cheat to unlock everything, then I would say that there is not a chance in hell that they will be able to post in the top 10. Heck, after PGR 2 has been out for a couple of months, they probably won't even be in the top 100. The Ring requires far too much skill for non skilled drivers to be competitive, IMO.