LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

The Witcher 2 announced for Xbox 360

Going to check this out after work. Currently there is a $30 off coupon available to reward zone members in the offers section of the BB app. Well BB just lowered the MSRP to $40 this morning according to people on CAG. I was considering it at $20, at $10 it is a no brainer for me. Of course i dont know when i will ever play it...

Thank You for this!!! It's been on my list since release. Coupon printed, and I will be picking it up on the way home.

Thanks for the heads-up, I grabbed my copy today. I printed out the coupon but it wasn't needed. The $30 was taken off automatically after scanning my BB card and finalizing the transaction.

Finally got around to starting this the other day, and it seems really dense.  Is there any reason to try to get up to speed on what happened in the original game, or is the story supposed to seem jarring at first?  I know this is an established universe, so I'm not sure if you're supposed to know more coming in than I did (which was pretty much nothing).  In any case, it seems mechanically interesting anyway, so we'll see where it goes.  Still in part of the flashback/prologue, so lots to still get through.  I think I need to get over the tendency to hoard consumable items though and just start using the damn things more often.

Oh, and I was actually impressed to see the "large fonts" option in the menu on the 360.  Text wasn't unreadable at normal size, but larger is certainly easier on my eyes from the couch.  I'm getting old...

Cool!  Looks like the link is getting hammered.  This will benefit someone that's on their first playthrough, yes?

Absolutely.

Takes some getting used to being so familiar with the old system. It's nice though. The R trigger is now your block and its a quen based block instead of the sword so Geralt get s a nice magic shield now. The downside is it takes longer to activate . Geralt will automatically block arrows and some attacks when standing still with his sword now automatically. He feels lighter and more on the move now, too. Combat just seems more "flowing" if that makes sense.

Finished Chapter 1 last night and I am loving this game to death. The new mod makes the combat so much more fluid. Plus, the PC version is soooooooo much better than the 360 version. The game is drop dead gorgeous.

-Dean- 

Act 2 is where the game really opens up, Dean. You ain't seen nothin' yet.  :nachos

You've got some major decisions coming that will completely change the direction of the story.

Major bug at the start of Chapter 2 if you go with Roche. You have to turn off the new mod to advance. Pretty crappy thing, not sure how it wasn't noticed. The NPC you have to follow will only move about 90% of the time and then when he does move, he will blink back to the start after getting near the end of the section to advance the game. I spent nearly two hours trying to get around this. Finally did some searching on the web and found out the issue was the mod itself. Hope they fix it.

-Dean-

So, after over 20 hours of play, I recommend not using the FCR2 mod. Too many major issues. I now have an issue where the NPC I need to buy a recipe from to advance the game, does not have it. I also noticed that once I hit level 16, no talent points are unlocking. Very frustrating and turning the mod off doesn't fix the issues. I am done playing this until either the mod is fixed, or I find something that will let me advance and level up without the mod.

So, after over 20 hours of play, I recommend not using the FCR2 mod. Too many major issues. I now have an issue where the NPC I need to buy a recipe from to advance the game, does not have it. I also noticed that once I hit level 16, no talent points are unlocking. Very frustrating and turning the mod off doesn't fix the issues. I am done playing this until either the mod is fixed, or I find something that will let me advance and level up without the mod.

Does turning the mod off fix the issues?

I had to uninstall it through Control Panel and all of my issues were solved. Story advanced and all of my talent points popped on my next kill. 

I had to uninstall it through Control Panel and all of my issues were solved. Story advanced and all of my talent points popped on my next kill. 

Ah good to hear. Hopefully the put out fixes for the mode. CDPR are usually good about that stuff. I never hated the combat before so it's not a huge bother to me but I liked the changes so...