LCVG

Sega Ages coming to US!

heavy liquid

From GamerFeed:

Conspiracy Entertainment, together with San Francisco-based Constant Entertainment, announced today a four year North American & European publishing agreement with Japanese video game developers 3D Ages. Under terms of the contract, Conspiracy and Constant have acquired the exclusive rights to manufacture, market, and distribute a total of 14 updated Sega titles, including the arcade favorites Space Harrier and Golden Axe.

"Our aim is to preserve the integrity and heart of the titles that were the foundations of this wonderful industry. The partnership of Conspiracy, Constant, and 3D Ages presents an excellent opportunity to bring back these arcade classics in modern form, make them available to long-standing fans and reintroduce them to new generations," said Sirus Ahmadi, CEO of Conspiracy Entertainment.

The first five games, being Space Harrier, Golden Axe, Fantasy Zone, Monaco GP, and Phantasy Star Collection, are scheduled to arrive in early 2004, with more to come. No word on pricing yet, but it should be reasonable per title. Hey, someone bring me an Out Run!

:shock:

I realize that these are "updated" titles, but do they also include the original versions? Perhaps as unlockables?

I have the first three released titles imported on the PS2. None of them include the original games as far as I know (and boy is it interesting to play Phantasy Star with a translation guide! :D ).

Looking forward to the US releases.

The real problem with the GBA collection is that it doesn't have Phantasy Star IV in it, dammit

Agreed! My favorite PS titles after two.

The 14 titles in question tentatively are:

Fantasy Zone

Golden Axe

Monaco GP

Phantasy Star

Phantasy Star II

Phantasy Star: End of the Millennium

Space Harrier

Streets of Rage

Gain Ground

Bonanza Bros

Columns

Puzzle & Action Alex Kidd in Miracle World Last Bronx

Virtua Racing

EEEEEEXCELLENT!

burns.jpg

Never experienced that particular problem Zathras. I played through most of the original game too. :(

That is weird - I have it happen at least once every 5-6 saves and have seen other people complain about it too. My inquiries to their support site were fruitless...

Just did some googling to make sure I wasn't insane (well at least about this):

from http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/phantasystar...ion/index2.html

Finally, I'd be failing in my duties if I didn't point out that the games have a few bugs and glitches in them. The most annoying is the save glitch in Phantasy Star I that has the game lock-up during saves from time to time. When this happens, the file doesn't save and the player is forced to go back to his last save and start again. So, save often -- I got bit by this bug numerous times during the quest.

http://www.insertcredit.com/reviews/psc/psc5.html

Most of the time this works fine, but perhaps one time out of twelve the save screen will not appear. Instead, the game will crash to either a blue or a black screen. The only recourse is to switch the system off and then on again.

and there were a bunch of others.

I wonder if they fixed it and didn't tell anyone - did you buy it right when it was released or later?

The original Phantasy Star was the first really big RPG that I got through - so it will always hold a special place in my heart. I think I still have the well read copy of EGM (one of the first issues?) that awarded it Best Graphics and just being amazed by the picture of the sandworm.