LCVG

Rainbow Six Oil Refinery

weremichael

Greetings,

I am beginning to get frustrated. I've killed everyone on this level and my team is all alive. I can even see the garage door that should open so I can rescue the hostage; however, I can't seem to rescue said hostage. I have resorted to killing my soldiers in some pretty bizarre fashions in frustration. Can anyone save the solders of Rainbow Six from my berserker rage, by telling me how to open the garage door??

I look forward to the end of the pain of friendly fire when you reply,

Michael

I'm guessing you found some strange bug. :cry:

I had no problems, you need to rescue the hostage and then the level ends. The hostage is somewhere in the middle of all the cars if I remember correctly.

I completed it on veteran, I suppose elite could be slightly different.

Originally posted by weremichael@Nov 26 2003, 07:16 PM

Greetings,

I am beginning to get frustrated. I've killed everyone on this level and my team is all alive. I can even see the garage door that should open so I can rescue the hostage; however, I can't seem to rescue said hostage. I have resorted to killing my soldiers in some pretty bizarre fashions in frustration. Can anyone save the solders of Rainbow Six from my berserker rage, by telling me how to open the garage door??

I look forward to the end of the pain of friendly fire when you reply,

Michael

Hmm, I don't remember a garage door you had to open. Try looking around. Maybe you missed an exit you were supposed to take.

Like IvIaster mentioned, they're in the middle of a group of cars, right after an intense firefight.

Be sure to secure the hostie once you get to him.

Thanks for the advice guys. I got through the intense firefight (with the rocket propelled grenades etc.) and can see the x where the hostage is located but can't seem to get to him. I tried the custom hunt terrorist mission on the same level and the door is open (with the cars in it etc.). I think IvIaster is right when he said I found some type of bug. I'll just keep doing it until I find a way of not causing the glitch. Hopefully it won't take too long (cause it's a rental).

All in all, I like this release from Ubisoft a lot. It's more fun than Ghost Recon. My wife and I are moving to Tucson and we'll finally live somewhere where we can be connected to broadband (which means I'll have to join in on the fun of live). The current posts on Rainbow Six 3 sounds like the game on live is really fun. Do you primarily fight against each other or do you do cooperative play?

Michael

Michael, the SAME EXACT thing happened to me. I had to play that level at least a half-dozen times. I don't know what I did different, but finally I killed the guy with the RPG and the rest of the tangos and that garage door opened up. BTW, there's a couple of tangos in there.

Piece of advice: equip a couple of tear gas grenades and when you get to that last room (with the RPG guy), crack the door, throw 'em to the far side of the room, have your team follow you, aim high to take the tango out on that higher level, your team should engage the other tangos (who should be feeling the effects of the tear gas), turn the corner and pop the RPG totin' fool in the melon. Hopefully, at this point that big door will open up, take out the bad guys in there, rescue the hostage and get ready for your next mission. ;)

Good luck!

Instead of killing my team again (I really enjoyed ordering them to a barrel and then blowing it up), I returned the game early. After clearing the level 25 times without the door opening, I knew it was coming down to the game or my controller. I tried various combinations of weapons thinking the glitch was related to that. Too bad I thought the game was fun (besides the glitch). I wish I knew what I did wrong. Why doesn't Rainbow Six like me?? sorry I don't mean to cry like this...it's just hard to be rejected in binary.

Michael

I had something similar happen on the Island Estate Mission. Some friends and I were playing the co-op mission, and we got to the end where you have to defend the hostages against an onslaught of enemy coming up on the balconies.

My whole team got wiped out, except for me, and I was dangerously low on ammo.

The helicopter descended low, and started firing short bursts into the ground opposite where I was standing. It just kept on doing this. I couldn't find anymore enemy to kill, so I walked back through the house for a few minutes and then came out again. This time when I looked really hard there was a baddie stuck in the doorway leading to one of the balconies. I nailed him with a head shot, and the mission ended. I was lucky to have seen him, as I was just about to abort the mission.

Carlos.