LCVG

Man, you guys were right about RS3 Live!!!

Derrik Draven

And to think, a few days ago I was seriously considering taking RS3 back.

I really loved the demo Alcatraz level. Must've played it -literally- 20 or 30 times. Figued that I'd just go ape shit over the full game when it shipped.

Nope.

After a couple of the single player missions, I was feeling decidedly ho-hum. Nothing stood out in the missions, imho. Story didn't do anything for me either. I was actually much more into the Ghost Recon's which, considering the huge improvements in RS3 when it comes to sound, graphics and the way cool, voice recognition, surprised the hell outta me.

My other half is the one that mentioned that maybe I could use the old router cable in the basement ceiling, to hook my Xbox up to the router upstairs.

...never thought of it. Was patiently waiting to buy a new pc to put downstairs near my Xbox so that I could get back on 'Live.

Been on 'Live since 2nd round beta. Been "unplugged" for several months now since I moved all my ht stuff downstairs (Xbox included) now that the ht room is complete.

Anyhoo...hooked back up to 'Live. Got the new 'Live Dashboard downloaded, and thought, "what the hell, I'll give RS3 a try. The guys at the forum seem to think it's fun. Maybe it is. Single player sure bores me."

After a few minutes, I was completely hooked! Damn is it night and friggin day between RS3 live as opposed to single player!

Of course, I still have to admit that I think the sharpshooter stuff kinda sucks. It's just a fragfest where you can verbally abuse people. ;) I mean, why have voice communication if you can't even work as a team?

But "terrorist hunt". Now THAT'S awesome!!!! I've been really amazed at watching some people and their abilities when moving through the maps. I swear if we'd all have real profession weapons training, backed up with RS3 'Live "training", we might be a really dangerous group! :Rock:

Anyhoo, it truly does make a difference as to whom you hook up with. When you're with a good bunch of guys, it's a defining moment as to why Xbox 'Live is such an important step forward in console gaming.

Can't wait for some new downloadable maps.

Hope to see some of you guys online. I saw Poison Jam the other night but, he was always in a full server.

Guess its just me

Nope. I love single player as well. I found RS3 to be a good mix of both, as compared to MechAssault (great multi, bleh single) or Crimson Skies (fantastic single, so-so multiplayer).

Multi in RS3 is fantastic, and with the right group of people, is almost always an enjoyable time.

Originally posted by XBL_RuFfNeCk@Nov 27 2003, 04:06 PM

Guess its just me

Multi in RS3 is fantastic, and with the right group of people, is almost always an enjoyable time.

Speaking of which, I'm hoping (hint, hint) some people will pull themselves away from Links and PGR2 and get back to hosting some RS3 tonight. :D

Having just purchased my Xbox last night (and just getting my internet connection back tonight) I have only put fifteen or so minutes into RS3. It's different from what I normally play, especially when I'm used to a mouse and keyboard for FPS titles, but it seems like fun. I'm really eager to get my Live kit (hopefully tomorrow) so that I can join you all.

Black - if you haven't ever done online with a headset and voice communication, be prepared to be amazed, especially if you do some RS3! And especially if you do the team/co-op gameplay.

It's truly something else.

Oh yeah, have any of you guys that have done RS3 online noticed that when one of your team mates is talking to you through his headset, you can see his online characters mouth move? It's not exactly lip reading quality but, it's pretty damn cool that they even tossed that little feature in. :)

Originally posted by Robot Monkey+Dec 2 2003, 11:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robot Monkey @ Dec 2 2003, 11:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blackcalx@Dec 2 2003, 11:30 AM

... but I'm game for anything (even Clone Wars :shock: ) as soon as I'm finished.

So, Chris, did the genie give you any other wishes?

-j [/b]

:lmfao: :lmfao: