LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS360, Wii U) Ultimate Edition Now coming to PC, PS4 and Vita

Nice work.  They went very fast. 

It took me damn near 15 minutes to check out, too. I had to do so as a guest as I didn't want to chance trying to log into my account.

Tons of DLC coming out this week.  Scorpion is the third DLC character and he's downloadable now if you have a season pass (June 11 if you don't).  I was pissed off at first when he was announced, but after seeing him in action, I'm impressed.

At the end of the trailer for Scorpion's announcement, Martian Manhunter made an appearance.  I was under the impression that General Zod was next, but who knows.  Based on the rumors I've been hearing, we'll probably get five more characters: Martian Manhunter, General Zod, Power Girl, Red Hood (even though you can download his costume for The Joker), and Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat.  [edit: Ed Boon insists Scorpion will be the only guest character, so Sub-Zero may not appear after all]

7 new costumes come out this week too:

• Doomsday containment suit (Death of Superman)
  • Blackest Night costumes for Superman, Doomsday and The Flash
  • Red Son costumes for Batman, Green Lantern and Deathstroke

Red Hood (even though you can download his costume for The Joker), 

Presumably it's the Jason Todd Red Hood rather than the Joker style.  It's more leather-and-a-mask rather than a full tux and a long, cylindrical helmet.

ALL of the DLC available for the XBox 360 and the PS3 is now available for the Wii - all 4 characters and costumes.

Ed Boon insists that there will be more characters available for download. I assume Martian Manhunter is among them because he is the one people have been clamoring for the most.

The only hint he gave as to who is next is "FOURTH."  My guess is Darkseid.  (fourth --> Fourth World --> Apokolips --> Darkseid)

Considering Darkseid just showed up in the tie In comic, I would not be surprised. I still don't have this yet.

More news - if you downloaded Lobo, Scorpion, Batgirl and Zod, you will be able to download ten STAR Labs missions each for each character within the coming weeks.

Ultimate Edition Announced:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Announces Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition for PlayStation®4, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, Xbox 360 and PC

Original Game Content and All Downloadable Content Included in One Package for Hours of Fun

BURBANK, Calif. – Oct. 7, 2013 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced the launch of Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition. Developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition debuts in the Americas Nov. 12 and Europe and other global territories beginning Nov. 29, with the comprehensive version of the 2013 best-selling fighting game franchise. The game will be available for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system and platforms, Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft and for Windows PC.

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition will include all original game content as well as all downloadable content (DLC). Valued at more than $120, the game will be available at a suggested retail price of $59.99 for PS4™ system, PS3™ system and Xbox 360, $49.99 for Windows PC and $39.99 for PS®Vita.

The DLC included in Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, includes fan favorites Lobo, Batgirl, General Zod, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, as well as Scorpion, a character from the Mortal Kombat world, as reimagined by Jim Lee, Co-Publisher at DC Entertainment. In addition, more than 40 extra character skins and 60 S.T.A.R. Labs Missions, originally offered as DLC, are now available from the start of the game. Also packaged with the Americas version of the game will be its music soundtrack featuring an exclusive track from Jane’s Addiction titled “Another Soulmate” and 11 songs from popular artists ranging from Depeche Mode to AWOLNATION.

Remastered for next-gen technology by High Voltage, the PS4™ system version will feature Touchpad functionality, video sharing and streaming, and will link to players’ PlayStation® Network Feed page during match wrap-ups and pause menus. High Voltage is also bringing the PC version of the game to hungry fans.

The PS®Vita version, which is adapted for the handheld experience by Armature Studio, will feature touch controls for mini-games in the story mode and S.T.A.R. Labs Missions, Ad-hoc and Wi-Fi multiplayer, collectible hero cards, and all DLC released to date.

Debuting in April 2013, Injustice: Gods Among Us is a bold new fighting game franchise that introduces a deep, original story featuring a large cast of favorite DC Comics icons such as Batman, Harley Quinn, Solomon Grundy, Superman, The Flash, Wonder Woman and many others. Set in a world where the lines between good and evil are blurred, players will experience heroes and villains engaging in epic battles on a massive scale.

No Xbox One or Wii U version announced but I'd be surprised if it didn't come to both.

injustice-gods-among-kgs40.jpg

Ed Boon all but confirming no Xbox One version:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/387229179231477761

Looks like this is a PS4 exclusive and its a launch title to boot. Curious how that happened (Sony possibly subsidizing the next gen version?)

RT @C2CA_KILLA @noobde Injustice sold the most on xbox. So tell me the logic behind no xbox one version? EB: Again... not as simple as that.

Looks to be the case, then. Or just a straight up money hat.

No Wii U version either:

Ed Boon ‏@noobde 3m

RT @GamefaMahdi @noobde INJUSTICE (Ultimate Edition) coming Wii U? EB: No.

Cross buy with the Vita version, please and I'll buy it again. :D I bought the PS3 edition for 10 bucks on Gamestop and sold it off for $20 seeing as I had the Wii U version. I never bought any of the DLC though so I'll sell that off as well and go for the PS4 or PC version when released. No cross buy and it'll be the PC version for me.

EDIT: Damn, remote play still makes the PS4 version enticing even if there's no cross buy.

A raw deal for XBO owners. I guess it gives Sony a fighting game to match up with KI on launch day.

Not much of a fighting game fan but I did really like this one. Never bought the DLC so I might just get rid of my PS3 copy and pick this up.

Damn, that sucks.  I was going to pick it up on sale last week until I rememebred the Ultimate Edition, and figured I'd get the Xbox One version at some point.  May just hold off now and get the $360 version super cheap when they get replaced by the new version-I just wanted to mess around with the story mode anyway to see how it built on what was in MK.

Any conspiracy theory yet about MS not wanting competition for Killer Instinct?

Not that I've heard but then I didn't read the GAF thread past the announcement and Boon updates. You're free to start one up though! :D

...and in case you needed anymore confirmation, Warner Bros. says no Xbox One version. PS4 version at launch:

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/injustice_gods_among_us/news/injustice_gods_among_us_ultimate_edition_heading_to_ps4_at_launch_2.html

Why would MS want a good fighting game on their new system when they have an over rated one to sell?

irNM8kJKrEPCZ.gif

Anyone pick up the PS4 version? I never bought the game on last gen, so I am very tempted to pick this up when my ps4 arrives.

Anyone pick up the PS4 version? I never bought the game on last gen, so I am very tempted to pick this up when my ps4 arrives.

Yup. Bought the PSN version. Great game. Tons of content there for single player.