LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

Marvel Movieverse Phase 2:Guardians of the Galaxy

happy for Batista. Never been a fan of him in wrestling, but he is a good guy.

They haven't announced those dates officially, but yes. Avengers 3 is gonna bookend the phase like always. I would think GoTG will be in the middle somewhere in the releases to keep the Thanos story flowing.

I'n not convinced Thanos will be used in Guardians 2 or be the Avengers 3 villain.  There's potentially a lot of story to cover before the Thanos showdown, three gems and the gauntlet? He doesn't possess any of them at this point. Maybe phase 3 will cover that, I don't want it to feel rushed though, I would be Ok with the Thanos/Inifinity Gauntlet climax being split into 2 movies end of phase 4

James Gunn did say: “He (Thanos) will show up [in the sequel] if he helps our story and he will not show up at all if not. Thanos is not the most important thing in Guardians 2, that’s for damn sure. There’s the Guardians themselves and other threats the Guardians are going to be facing that are not Thanos… I think Thanos has been lonely for a long time. He can handle it. He’s used to his loneliness. He’s got some other kids out there. He’s got to look after them. Nebula’s probably the sweetest of them, which tells you what his kids are like…”

Rushed? Ant-Man starts phase 3. It's 4-5 years , and 10+ movies until Avengers 3 comes out

Was the Avengers 3 date officially announced or is this all conjecture? By rushed I mean the Thanos\Infinity Gauntlet climax, whether it be in Avengers 3 or another film, maybe two films is too much, just a thought, even if a poor one.

2015:
May 1: The Avengers: Age of Ultron
July 17: Ant-Man

2016:
May 6: Captain America 3
July 8: Rumored Doctor Strange

2017:
May 5: Untitled
July 27: Rumored Guardians 2
Nov. 3: Untitled

2018:
July 6: Untitled
Nov. 2: Untitled

2019:
May 3: Untitled

Disney has apparently changed their BluRay release options and I wish they didn't because I have no use for the 3D BluRay, but I do use the Digital Downloads. The BluRay and Digital Download were previously bundled together, they've now added the 3D disc, bumped up the price, and removed the Digital Download from the BluRay only release.

You heard it here first!

THANOS is in Ant-Man!

If I took a guess at which phase three movies Thanos was least likely to appear in I would say Captain America 3 and Ant-Man.

Disney has apparently changed their BluRay release options and I wish they didn't because I have no use for the 3D BluRay, but I do use the Digital Downloads. The BluRay and Digital Download were previously bundled together, they've now added the 3D disc, bumped up the price, and removed the Digital Download from the BluRay only release.

They don't want my money you say? Ok!

Slight correction to my previous comment based on searches, please correct if wrong.

Before

BluRay\DVD\Digital Copy for 19.99-22.99

Now

BluRay 19.99-22.99

BluRay\3DBluRay\Digital Copy 24.99

Some studios are still doing BluRay/Digital Copy for 17.99-19.99.

Guardians is listed for iTunes release on Nov 18th, 3 weeks before the BluRay on Dec 9th which will include an Avengers 2 sneak peak.

Robert Downey Jr said to Deadline he would do Iron Man 4 if Mel Gibson directed it. 

DEADLINE: True, but the year he (Mel) made Apocalypto, I didn’t see a better movie and he was ignored and hasn’t directed since. Marvel badly wants Iron Man 4 and you’ve said you aren’t doing it. How about the idea you’ll do that movie if Mel directs it?

DOWNEY: Correct.

DEADLINE: Is that our headline?
DOWNEY: Why not? That movie would be bananas.

If your interested in the full story.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/robert-downey-jr-qa-the-judge-iron-man-4-mel-gibson-845359/

Me either, I think he is serious though, I believe he is friends with Mel and wants Hollywood to give him a second chance.

He is serious. Mel personally guaranteed Downey's bond when he got out of prison and rehab and no bonding company would touch him. Downey has not forgotten that and wants to repay him.

I am so not an activist. I love Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise movies. I don't care who they like or don't like or what crazy religion they follow. Bring on Iron Man 4, starring Tom Cruise as Iron Man, directed by William Wallace.

But then backed off that statement.  So, at this point, it is still up in the air.  I won't be surprised if it happens (though I am less certain Mel will direct) but it is basically 50-50 for me.

I'm not sure what to do with that statement.  It could go any number of ways...all of them with a less than happy result.

Downey in talks for Captain America 3 to help kick off the Civil War storyline for Marvel.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/robert-downey-jr-to-join-captain-america-3-exclusive-1201312229/

Robert Downey Jr. is on the verge of signing on to “Captain America 3,” a move that would bring theCivil War storyline from Marvel’s comicbooks to the bigscreen and trigger the start of a new phase of movies from Marvel Studios.

The actor is in final negotiations to play billionaire Tony Stark in the third installment, which is slated to begin production in the Spring for a May 6, 2016, release. Downey is already set to suit up as Iron Manfor next year’s “The Avengers: Age of Ultron” and “The Avengers 3.” 

You gonna get Spidey from Sony aren't you, Marvel?

If they are on the Verge of him signing on for Capt 3, then they gotta be close to getting some sort of deal done for Spider-Man.