Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

Marvel Movieverse Phase 2:Guardians of the Galaxy

More from the Q&A after the reveals:

- Dr Strange casting - if it was confirmed it would have been announced

- Panther will be in costume in Civil War

- Writer & Director announcements for Capt Marvel will come before casting news

- Civil War of the cinematic universe

- No plans at the moment for Hulk solo; will be in other movies (aside - could just be Avengers movies)

- No confirmation on writer/director of Civil War or availability of Spider-Man

- Civil War is beginning of Phase 3 (aside - what about Ant Man?)

- They were misdirecting fans by putting rumors of Cap 3 title being Serpent Society

- No TV news as that is headed by Jeph Loeb, not Kevin Feige

- Question re: Inhumans: "You may find out sooner than you were expecting."

- Black Widow's role, like Hulk's, will be in Avengers films; there are plan is which she plays a key, key role

- Events in cinematic universe will have all nations wanting regulation; not so much about secret id but about who reports to who

- Defenders & the Netflix stuff are in the same universe "however far on the outskirts"

More from the Q&A after the reveals:

- Dr Strange casting - if it was confirmed it would have been announced

- Panther will be in costume in Civil War

- Writer & Director announcements for Capt Marvel will come before casting news

Dr strange contract not signed yet

Nerdgasim happening

• Like 1

I'm sensing the theme will be war.

And the question is, good God what is it good for?

Absolutely nothing.

"

- Question re: Inhumans: "You may find out sooner than you were expecting.""

Agents of Shield :)

Jesus, you can't complain about Marvel not having vision (and Vision) or a long-range plan!  When are those Netflix shows supposed to come out anyways?

Daredevil is next year as it is filming right now.   A lot of stuff people have asked about in this thread, I will try and do a post in the next few days with everything I know about the Marvel stuff. Since I have read a lot of the stuff it's based on I can connect some of the dots.  Of course it will be in a spoiler in case people don't want to see it. 

Confession bear:  I don't know who Captain Marvel, Inhumans and Black Panther are.

Good. I'm not the only one.

It's fun to find out though.

Confession bear:  I don't know who Captain Marvel, Inhumans and Black Panther are.

Good. I'm not the only one.

It's fun to find out though.

giphy.gif

I'm assuming Inhumans will be the one to face a similar challenge to Guardians, perhaps an even greater challenge since I'd have to assume they won't/can't repeat the unique tone of Guardians that really helped make it stand out? 

Inhumans is a much different tone then the GoTG . it's a bit more Game of Thrones like. Their King Black Bolt is a major player in the Marvel Universe, and has a history with the infinity stones.

So in a sense it will perhaps be similar to the Thor movies in tone?

I would't say that exactly. They are a more strange bunch.  The Inhumans have been much more involved in Galactic Affairs as well. They are an offshoot humans whose DNA were experimented on long ago by an alien species giving them powers. They are pretty much the X-men except they didn't get their powers naturally.  Which is why in the comics lately marvel is pushing the Inhumans more, and looking like they are trying to change the x-men to screw Fox.  I also mentioned Agents of Shield because things are pointing towards inhumans being involved in certain ways. 

I love the scene with Thor's hammer. That's what they showed at SDCC this year.  

Love Thor's face when the hammer shifts ever so slightly while Cap tries to lift it.

I love the scene with Thor's hammer. That's what they showed at SDCC this year.

Love Thor's face when the hammer shifts ever so slightly while Cap tries to lift it.

That is my favorite trailer!

That is my favorite trailer!

Me too... the action is great and all... but I've really enjoyed the character interplay and moments in the marvelverse more.

Capt 3 Casting has begun

" Daniel Bruhl is set to play the villain role in the next Captain America: Civil War, the one that will also bring Robert Downey Jr. and his Iron Man character as central to the conflict of the new film. The third installment, to be directed by Joe and Anthony Russo, brings back Chris Evans and marks the debut of Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther, and Sebastian Stan, who’s back as The Winter Soldier and Anthony Mackie back as The Falcon. Samuel L. Jackson and Scarlett Johansson are also expected to take part."