LCVG
JoeyN

Comic Book Discussion

All Image issues released before 11/12 are 50% with code IMAGE on comixology.com  . Also all Comixology Submit titles are 50% off with code SUBMIT . Plus all the other deals going on. Lot's of good reading. 

I have been running the DGTL comics twitter feed for a while now, and decided to add a Facebook page into the mix. The address is Facebook.com/dgtlcomics  . 

DC had a lot of news today as 24 new books launching after Convergence with a great mix of characters, and creative talent. The titles that are sticking around have some creative changes as well.

Also Marvel announced a All Female Avengers team, with the not well thought out name of A-Force.  Looking forward to the book as the creative team is great but that name is so wrong. 

Looking forward to the book as the creative team is great but that name is so wrong.

That's the G Willow Wilson book, right?  Could be great-Ms Marvel has been solid so far.  I'm not sure they need the "all female team" gimmick, but we'll see what the setup is.  With the new adjectiveless X-Men book, I don't remember them ever calling attention to it-it just sort of happened, which was nice to see.  Only problem with that book is that you end up shining a light on the fact that you have six or seven main characters in the book, THREE of which are telepaths :) 

Finally getting caught up to close to current though.  Just finished off the main Axis storyline, and it wasn't bad as far as big dumb event books go.  The most interesting thing about the aftermath was where it leaves Sabretooth and Iron Man, but we'll see whether anything interesting happens there.  I haven't bought Superior Iron Man yet, so I may have to check that out. 

Marvel has a lot of cultural power. It is bold what they're doing. It is so awesome because you can't say that you don't want a female Thor, Muslim Captain Marvel, black spiderman, or gay iceman without looking like a doushbag. It is a nobrainer. I look forward to Wolverine being a gluten sensitive transectual Scientologist.

When I get a chance I'll post my thoughts, but all the others mentioned makes sense. The Iceman one really does not.

Ms marvel is muslim :)

Marvel has a lot of cultural power. It is bold what they're doing. It is so awesome because you can't say that you don't want a female Thor, Muslim Captain Marvel, black spiderman, or gay iceman without looking like a doushbag. It is a nobrainer. I look forward to Wolverine being a gluten sensitive transectual Scientologist.

Wolverine has lived a long life so he may have dabbled in everything.

Anyone want to get into digital comics for the first time, feel free to use my referral link below.  You'll get $5 and I'll get $10 : )

http://refer.comixology.com/v2/share/6143687361821383379

A few recommendations:
-Diary of A Wimpy Kid (Daughter loves this series)
-Death of the Family (Batman)
-World War Hulk
-Old Man Logan (Wolverine)
-The Walking Dead
-Terry Moore's Echo
-Thor: God of Thunder
-Transformers: Autocracy
-Invincible
-The Killing Joke (Batman)

To be honest, I owe my addiction to Joey.  I thought I could pass on what I've learned.

I'm enjoying Marvel's Dark Tower, Star Wars and Darth Vader comics, but am having a hard time getting excited about the "All New All Different" Marvel Universe after Secret Wars ends.  I felt the same way with DC after Convergence.  I stopped reading Batman and Superman after issue 40 because I didn't like the direction they were going with the characters.  The only DC comic I am left reading is Justice League, which is has been great since Forever Evil. 

I still read as they are coming out

TMNT (and its mini series stuff)

Batman

Walking Dead

Saga

Lazarus

Justice League

American Vampire

Whytches

Everything else I just wait for .99 sales now. Image, Valiant, IDW and Boom do these at least once a quarter on everything major

The only book I'm picking up monthly is Mark Waid's reboot of the Archie comics. I used to love Archie comics and the first two issues have been crazy good.

Everything else is sale bait.

I only grab American Vampire, Dark Tower and a few others on release thsese days - everything else is on hold till a sale happens.

I just got an email saying that Comixology is killing off their Windows 8 app (which was garbage anyway) in favour of the web reader.  Does this mean that the web reader allows for offline reading (or that it will)? 

There are a lot of drm free comics on there, but its an odd move unless they are working on one for win10 devices

I'd hope they're working on a windows 10 app, and worst case they should be able to rebuild the ios/android app for windows using one of the bridges that MS is offering.  Not that win10 store apps are perfect, but at least it'd offer something for offline viewing? 

OMG OMG, I have Marvel Unlimited.  I don't know what to do.  There is too much.  Figured I'd do Secret Wars.  Wait.  What's that there?  A million Star Wars comics?  WTF, I didn't know that.  Shit, Jessica Jones?  I'm watching that TV show now, maybe I should read the comic.  Vision Origin?  He's that guy from Avengers 2, I'd like to know more about him. "The Best of Daredevil"?  That sounds like something I should read.  WTF.  I'm screwed.

Honestly start at Fantastic Four #1 and just keep going. It's obviously very 60s and unsophisticated but I absolutely love that series and it's remarkably consistent for an insane 100 issues or so.

Honestly start at Fantastic Four #1 and just keep going. It's obviously very 60s and unsophisticated but I absolutely love that series and it's remarkably consistent for an insane 100 issues or so.

I love the FF characters, but that Early stuff bored me when I tried to read it a few years ago.

Oh wow, really? It takes a couple issues to crack in but I love it. Early Kirby and all the ridiculous origins for Doctor Doom, etc etc. Trying to make the Invisible Girl useful until she gets her force field powers...

I probably re-read that early stuff in some form or another yearly.

Well, that I wouldn't argue. Early Avengers is crazy lame. I specifically single out Fantastic Four. Avengers gets better too, but it takes longer.