LCVG
kelley

LCVG is 10 Years Old Today - 4/15/03

They were. I think Rainbow Six Vegas was the first time I ever played online with any of you - difficult for me given the time difference - but it was always a great giggle. Had fond memories of completing Halo 3 on Legendary with some here too.

Some of the best times playing on Live.. Everyone that played hated me for grenade tosses:)

Wow I had less to say in that thread than I would have thought. Fucking dunked it with that 'stiffled' line though. ;)

Coolest part of that thread was being reminded of those Boneyard music challenges. I remember that those were friggin' awesome.

• Like 1

And the Mech Assault Teams for the tourney

Team 1:Team Chaos, AKA Fellowship of the Mech

CaptDS9E, Bassmassa, Union Carbine and Frolich

Team 2:Team Discovery Channel

MrDarthVader,HighPriest, Mr Chicken, Nightwing

Team 3:Team Taco

isyoox,A Clan of One, Scar, and MXYZPTLK

Team 4 Posion Jam's Team

Poison Jam, Orpheus, The Bard, 1 Red Eye 52

Team 5: The Crew De Luv

Jubjub, Potempkin, Magness,and Player Luv

And the wolfenstein teams

1-Team "WDUGM"

CaptDS9E

Orpheus

RingWraith

A Clan of One

2-Team "Men with Hats"

Buck Thurstwell

gigapower

futurevoid

Robot Monkey

3-Team "Facepasterwasters"

Nightwing

Sherbz

Joboo

MrBrett

4-Team "LastKidPicked"

The Bard

Saurav

Sherriff Truman

PPH2

5-Team "Simple Chat"

Rainmaykr

PoisonJam

Scar

Pudwacker

6-Team "Matrix"

Ruffneck

Dvdguru2

Jtello-Dr Fragenstein

Scarface

7- Team "Fraggin Family"

AdamsAppel

Scarpad

Howiedo1n

Merlot

8-Team "Bullet Sponge"

Whooter

Vipor

MMM

9-Team "Redrum"

Grooving

Fighting Fish

Datatox

After I finished the game (didn’t even come close), we went to the emergency room where she got her lipped stitched up. ...

Carlos.

Like a boss.

I remember pushing the score out there one night and being comfortably ahead of everyone and thinking, "Well, that's that.  I should be safe for a while."  I got Covak'd the next day.

And the wolfenstein teams

What a trip down memory lane.  I STILL remember the names of the people on those teams that needed to die first.  Good times.

Damn. I didn't know there was a secret section to the forum for "insiders". :(

Weird reading some of those old posts over at htf. The only name I remember is Morgan Jolley. He's still there?? Must be a lifer.

I have to chime in.  I don't know why Covak joined, I just know he loved you guys.  Every browser I opened (and he tried a few!) LCVG automatically opened.  His bookmarks are still all there.  I joined because I wanted to read any comment in every thread he ever contributed to.  I was such a newb noob then I thought I had to join to be able to read - but it is one of the best things I ever did.  Saved my sanity, maybe my life.

I haven't been able to play games as much as I would like lately - promised to finish this cross-stitch picture for my daughter! (You guys talk about being old - I just chuckle).

But I have to check LCVG every day.  I value your opinions, your advice (tech advice anyway!) and you make me laugh often.

I don't understand why more women don't join - females are supposed to make up about 46% of gamers so I'm told.  But I don't feel strange here now which is a true testament to what great people you all are.

Yes, I would love to meet many of you.  One day maybe.  I wish we had met under better circumstances.  I know you put up with me because you liked and respected James.

Thanks for being here.  Congrats on such a great site - and many more years to come.  

I came over from HTF in Aug. '03.  That seemed to be the "second wave" of HTFer's that came over here as word got out about LCVG.  Lots of memories over the years.

I got banned from HTF a while later for some stupid stuff as well.  There was another forum that sprang up trying to copy the HTF after hours lounge as well.  That one lasted for about 6 months or so.

I'm generally here once or twice a week to lurk.  129 posts in 9 3/4 years.  'Nuff said. 

Thanks for keeping the forum around.  It is my only source for gaming info. 

10 years ago I was a single renter with no kids at 28.  Now I'm 38, married, kids, mortgage, etc.  The only other website I've gone to longer would have to be www.fazed.net, religiously.  Otherwise, I still lurk over at www.somethingawful.com.

Ten years, man. Ten years! Ten!

Ten years!

Anyway. I feel OLD. Had some great times, though, like the Midway and Geometry Wars high score competitions, and being talked into buying far too many games...

August 6, 2003.  My daughter was almost 6 months old, I was sleep-deprived, and joined LCVG.  Wow.  I remember the rancor over at HTF, didn't like the smell that was setting in over there, and never really went back again (hell, I stopped going to AVS Forum for similar reasons).  This place introduced me to Twitter, and for that I am eternally grateful!  Let's keep the train a'rolling!  

I joined after getting to know alot of you at the RSGH 04. One of the funnest times ever..(still icing it) Known for a while as just "Joey's Brother" or the "1 post kid"

The forum has been a place to relax, make fun of each other and hang out. I have many memories, the ones i remember gaming wise has always been ghost recon throwback nights as well as rainbow six nights.

Anthony and I would play deadliest catch at least 3 nights a week until he passed. That was some crazzzy conversation.

Still just amazed how many children have been born over te last 10 years on the forum. Crazy!

I have to chime in.  I don't know why Covak joined, I just know he loved you guys.  

Terry, I think it was me that told James about LCVG.  We met back in the late 90s on IRC and played a lot of Interstate '76 and Outlaws together back in the day.  It went from there to various other PC multiplayer games (Moonbase Commander!!) and then to Xbox Live (the big one being Rainbow Six Three).

Peter

Oh, I remember how much he loved Interstate '76 - and Moonbase Commander - I remember that now!  I still see the Interstate '76 music on his computer.  I sorted out all his stuff recently and he definitely played more PC games than anything.  But I still have the Game Cube and a lot of games for it.  He loved Nintendo.  But yes, mostly I remember how much he was on the computer playing games.  Good memories.

Well J.FO is the one who informed me of the site. From what I understand it has not been quite the same since the time that I signed on. Shared a lot on here everything frome the stuff with my daughter who's going on 12 now, to the crap with my ex wife. News of the new love I found and the marriage and newest little buddle of joy shes almost three.

damn time really does fly.

You guys have been a great family and I'm glad I found you all.

don't forget I was the driver of the old school LCVG short bus

I remember coming over here from HTF also.  Can't believe it's been that long.  I lived in California back then.

Rudy