LCVG

The back of Xbox Game boxes

Chris The Rock

Just got my copy of Deus Ex 2, and I noticed that the back of the box has the customary list of "features" included in the game.

Usually, a game will have numerous features listed, with the applicable ones "highlighted" - although they almost always get it wrong.

On the back of Deus Ex 2, I noticed the feature listed HTDV-720p. It wasn't highlighted, which means it's not inlcuded in the game. But why on earth would they even put that on the box?

I have 3 suggestions:

1. List every possible feature available on the Xbox (In-Game Dolby Digital, Custom Soundtracks, HDTV 480p, 720p, 1080i, Widescreen, System Link, Xbox Live Multiplayer, Xbox Live Enabled, Downloadable Content, Split Screen Multiplayer, so on, and so forth) and then Highlight the ones that the game uses.

2. Only list the features on the box that the game includes. Be ACCURATE!

3. Drop this idea all together, because it sucks. If one were to use this current system of features listing as criteria on making a purchase, they would be making improper choices because the back of the box is never right.

Anyone else notice this, or is just a display of my natural anal-retentiveness?

No, it isn't just you. Like you said the actual design is a little confusing. I guess we know where those people who designed Florida's ballots went.

The latest stupid move is prominently featuring "Xbox Live" bar on games that suppot no Live connecctivity other than "Live Aware". DLC has its own distinctive logo, so why not Live Aware?

-j

Anyone else notice this, or is just a display of my natural anal-retentiveness?

I'm with you, I just don't understand how they can mess it up so often. Do the really have to print off the labels months in advance of release? In a large print shop/factory how long would a couple million labels take?? Not long me thinks!

The latest stupid move is prominently featuring "Xbox Live" bar on games that suppot no Live connecctivity other than "Live Aware". DLC has its own distinctive logo, so why not Live Aware?

I think any game with any sort of live features has the bar now, the Download Content Logo seems to be gone now too.