LCVG

Pictures of the Phantom

Josh

Originally posted by FutureVoid@Dec 3 2003, 05:04 PM

Xbox has been dwarfed. :D

But is the Phantom proven against 9mm? ;)

We'll know if the Phantom "team" reads this forum shortly. Just look for a press announcement that the Phantom is impervious to all small arms fire, fragmentation damage, spalling, shaped charges and can operate in an NBC environment.

-j

Its Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

That thing must have its own weather system....

It will be crying itself to sleep tonight on it's huge pillow.

And what is with the 10,000 candle power illuminated logo? - I sometimes think the xbox circle dealie is a little too bright.

That thing must have its own weather system....

HEED! PANTS! NOW!

Seriously that that is one huge piece of console. The controller also looks somewhat "cheap" though the button layout looks decent (kind of like the old 6 button layout on the Genesis and Saturn pads). I'll still never buy one. :D

We have a Phantom down! Repeat we have a Phantom down.

I hope this thing is a joke and they aren't actually thinking people will be lining up for it.

Only 4 USB ports in the rear? (looks like that is where they have the controller/keyboard/mouse plugged into). Beyond that there are a few other eyebrow raisers - why have an integrated Cable Modem and DSL modem in addition to the ethernet port (and there is a phone line jack in there also apparently)? The thing will be a nightmare to support.

Is it wrong that I still think this product is a hoax even WITH those pictures?

I can't believe anybody would invest money in that machine and think it had a hope in hell of cracking into the market. PC games need PCs. I'd like to see how the Phantom is planning to handle patching and buggy software, two mainstays of PC gaming. Not to mention that PC dev cycles mean that the hardware will be obsolete within a year.

I would also like to see how it will handle not sucking, but first thing's first ;).

The controller also looks somewhat "cheap" though the button layout looks decent (kind of like the old 6 button layout on the Genesis and Saturn pads).

Looked like a straight-up sidewinder to me. I'm pretty sure it's some generic off-the-shelf USB controller.

Originally posted by CaptDS9E@Dec 3 2003, 06:22 PM

Um that controller is a Logitech Wingman pc game pad. I have one already

Looks like a Logitech Elite Keyboard and a MX300 mouse too.

Actually, I guess all of the periphrials look like Logitech (maybe not the speakers)... hmmm... and wow, I find all the original products under PC on Logitech's site... :D

Originally posted by JTello@Dec 4 2003, 08:33 AM

Yeah, the kid looks wicked happy with a Broken Controller!!!

Remember the licensing announcement from the other Phantom thread?....

This kid is obviously delighted because he's about to play a rousing game of Reader Rabbit Online Multiplayer with 7.1 surround, that his parents rented for a week.

<rolling eyes in attempt to see own brain> :roll:

Carlos.

Originally posted by Carlucci+Dec 4 2003, 10:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Carlucci @ Dec 4 2003, 10:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bryan@Dec 4 2003, 09:36 AM

Who is Rob?

He's the guy with the hernia after having to carry the Phantom. Note the permanent stooped-over-ness. [/b]

:lmfao:

Hmmm, I wonder if there are plans for a portable version... anyone think a handheld the size of a laptop will do well in a market dominated by GBA SP ;)

Originally posted by adamsappel+Dec 4 2003, 11:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamsappel @ Dec 4 2003, 11:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bryan@Dec 4 2003, 10:54 AM

CALLING ALLEN!!

Carlos just said "stooped-over-ness".

Yes, but he punctuated it correctly. [/b]

On the other hand,

Carlos just said "stooped-over-ness".

should be:

Carlos just said "stooped-over-ness."

Yeah.