LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
EnemaEms

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)

Currently downloading the new Animal Crossing now. I've never really played one, but the game caught my attention with Giant Bombs quick look. I know all about Tom Nook, so I am ready to be his debt slave. I need to post my 3DS info for others getting this.

Downloaded the digital last night, and picked up the AC 3DS XL for the wife this morning.

It really is the best of the AC series rolled into one.

Friend code, 3566-1866-4760

Mark, my AC character is Eppy, my town is Ballzton.

Anybody growing anything besides bloody apples? :P

Friend code is 4141-2383-8864

AC character is Dean

Town name is Hawkston

I have oranges and I just planted cherry and pear trees.

5069-4970-8577

Pears are the native fruit, but slim pickings at the moment. I'm also growing cherries, oranges and peaches. They probably wont be full grown for a few more days.

The level of temptation to pick this up is insanely high. I'll see how strong my weakness is when I go past BB over the next few days.

This game is one of the most addictive things I have played in ages. It's light years beyond the Cube version, which was fun enough.

I haven't played one of these since the gamecube version-is it still basically the same game?  Any more interesting stuff to do?  Can you still get NES games? :)

It's a lot more interesting, as they make you the mayor in this one and you get to do a variety of public works projects around town.

The general concept is the same but it's a lot more fleshed out. They added new shops that offer more things to do and generally speaking it feels better. The Internet makes it easier to trade items and such between towns too.

The NES games are gone, but as a nice casual distraction it's fabulous. I generally put in a half an hour to an hour a day before work and that's enough to make some cash and keep things running, then if I want to do more fishing or diving later I have the option.

The Quick Look below is for the new Game and Wario game, but there is a great segment of Tom Nook sketches from the in-game Miiverse sketch thing. Go to the 34:00 minute mark. Funny stuff.

My Friend Code is 2964-8677-0208.

My Animal Crossing Character is Mark, Mayor of the town of Bethesda.  We have lots of Pears but nothing else.  I finally figured out the town ordinances, and setting the town to be open later at night has greatly improved the game.

Edit:  My island has Mangoes and Coconuts.

I bought this for my wife but she barely gets to play it, because my girls have hijacked it (my oldest is 7 and the younger almost 6).  I ended up buying another copy today because they were renting it so they could play 2 player.  :S

My wife says she likes it when she gets a chance to play it...I haven't seen them playing anything this much since Kinectimals or Nintendogs.  At least this is a better quality game than those :P

This game is bloody great. I have played it every day since I bought the damn thing.

I haven't said that about anything since I was hardcore into WoW.

The wife bought a 3DS XL so she could play it, and now we have 3 copies.  My almost-6yr-old keeps cheating by changing the time on the 3DS all of the time though.  :P

So I bought this for my 6 year old daughter, and she'd played for about a week, but then last night her 3ds had this black screen on it saying "an error has occurred" and saying to power off the system.  I'd never seen this before, but I powered it off for her, and then loaded up AC and there was no data there, only the option to start a new save.  Only thing I can think of is that she did something like pop the game card out while it was running, but that shouldn't delete the entire save, should it?  I suppose there's no way to recover the data, and it doesn't sound like it's completely unique based on what I googled, but I haven't found an exact repro scenario for it.  Have any of you guys seen something similar with 3ds games? 

My sons never had this problem (they don't have AC though).  I don't think popping the game cartridge out while the game is running would do that (I think it just suspends the game and tells you to re-insert the game cartridge) but perhaps if she accidentally did it while it was saving? It could have corrupted the save.  Only thing I could think of.

Yeah, it's also posible that she just went to the home menu and launched something else while the game was running.  If it autosaves, and the timing was right, save could have just died.  So far so good with the second attempt, even if she did mess up naming her town this time around (which apparently there's no way to change).