LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

Always thought Affleck was a good choice for Batman and, with each trailer, am loving the choice more every time. On the opposite side, I never liked Eisenberg for Luthor and am dreading him every time he's on screen. Only parts of the trailer I found poor was when he was in it.

Quickly turning into a I'll-wait-for-the-Blu-Ray movie for me.  I actually muttered "Oh, shit, they did use Doomsday" when I watch the trailer the first time.

He's superb in The Social Network. To that end it is kind of odd he took the role of Lex given they've Zuckerberg'd him, but I think I am more keen to see a fresh take on Lex than a repeat of what has come before. It'll be interesting to see if they can make him feel threatening. Spacey actually felt threatening towards the very end of Superman Returns where he's kicking Superman on that Krypton island, and it would be nice to see a Lex that physical and believably dangerous in a better movie. 

The best part was Bruce Wayne shitting on Clark Kent. Liked Affleck there. The rest is awful. They have no idea what to do with these DC movies except try and play catch-up with Marvel. Eisenberg is ludicrously hammy.

Watched this back to back with the Civil War trailer and it was like night and day.

Superman just appears so damn constipated most of the time, as does Clark Kent.  At least Affleck is actually bringing something to Bruce Wayne.

I'll watch the movie.  And my expectations are so low, that this movie is a mathematical guarantee to exceed my expectations.

But now you've most certainly doomed it to fail.

But of course NOW it has to fail.

Which means that it's going to fail so miserably that somehow it'll have some weird form of success. 

Are you seeing where this leads?

I really enjoyed that trailer.

I was able to follow more Batman hand-to-hand combat in that trailer than in all 3 Nolan movies.

So, yeah, movie looks better with each trailer.

But then I'm reminded that Eisenjerk is in it.

Everything about Eisenberg in this I like; Luthor as a jerk works for me. But the comedic tone doesn't sit with the patented Zack Snyder Zero Saturation Palette at all.

Also, Man of Steel was fascinatingly awful; they worked really hard to get it so wrong. So I don't hold much hope for them changing everything for this. 

Though since every scene in the trailers takes place at night, using only blue and red, maybe the big reveal is that they spend the rest of the movie inside The Matrix?

Stop fist.

Cool!

Laser beam to the chin.

Oh snap, movie over.

Better trailer. That Eisenberg voiceover though, it's like a laser beam to the chin!

I really enjoyed that trailer.

I was able to follow more Batman hand-to-hand combat in that trailer than in all 3 Nolan movies.

So, yeah, movie looks better with each trailer.

But then I'm reminded that Eisenjerk is in it.

Outside of this trailer its been the exact opposite for me. The TV spots in particular have been /awful/. Especially those airline ones during the Super Bowl.

Outside of this trailer its been the exact opposite for me. The TV spots in particular have been /awful/. Especially those airline ones during the Super Bowl.

Heh, I enjoyed the Bruce Wayne one.