LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

Yeah, just saw it confirmed, though not specific about directing.

The announcement came during the studio’s panel at CinemaCon in Las Vegas—a kind of Comic-Con for theater owners—and Collider’s own Steve Weintraub was in attendance when WB chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara touted that there are 10 DC movies planned over the next five years, adding “We’re excited to be working with Ben Affleck on a standalone Batman film.”

http://collider.com/batman-movie-ben-affleck/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial

Writing yes, directing has not been confirmed. If he moves away from Batmurderer easily duped numbfuck from BvS - I'm down.

The thing is, Jl Pt1 is a batman getting the band together film. Where exactly does this solo film fit in anytime until after pt 2.

Writing yes, directing has not been confirmed. If he moves away from Batmurderer easily duped numbfuck from BvS - I'm down.

While maybe not confirmed, I did read awhile back that DC wanted Affleck to direct.  Not sure where I read it though.

I, for one, thought Ben was directing it all along.

Well The Flash director has dropped out and now Wan may be dropping from Aquaman. And this is after WW director switched also.So much for giving directors creative freedom. Marvel has had changes but this is ridiculous.

Affleck is now executive producer on Justice League and he will apparently have some measure of creative input though this is completely and totally a rumor and nothing more at this point (the creative input part, he's absolutely an exec producer now)

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/06/ben-affleck-is-now-executive-producer-of-justice-league

Affleck and writer Chris Terrio are going to shape up the script to make sure it’s something people might actually want to see. Once filming is complete, Affleck will have some say in post-production concerns. This means Affleck is now creatively involved in the film on a very real level.

Hold up, the red phone is ringing. Oh hey, it’s Devin Faraci, who has this to add:

My sources have told me that Affleck was incredibly unhappy about the reception of BvS. He felt humiliated after spending so much of the press tour saying how much better this film would be than Daredevil. On top of that his agent was furious when Kevin Tsujihara jumped the gun and announced him as the director of The Batman - there were still negotiations happening.

This move seems to help placate Affleck while also edging Zack Snyder out of a controlling central position in the DC Movieverse.

Again purely rumor but even if there's a 1% chance of this being true we have to treat it as an absolute certainty!

• Like 1

Affleck is now executive producer on Justice League and he will apparently have some measure of creative input though this is completely and totally a rumor and nothing more at this point (the creative input part, he's absolutely an exec producer now)

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/06/ben-affleck-is-now-executive-producer-of-justice-league

Again purely rumor but even if there's a 1% chance of this being true we have to treat it as an absolute certainty!

0d2f4e61946498bf2c954b431fb70a34.jpg

I really get the feeling that if Justice League wasn't so far into production that Synder would have been jettisoned by now.

For all of you masochists that want to subject yourself to an even longer version of this garbage, here's the extended edition trailer:

All in all 30 more minutes of oppressive stupidity if you're game!

Some of the changes:

http://collider.com/batman-v-superman-ultimate-edition-differences-jena-malone/

Even if there's a 1% chance that the movie sucks less, you have to take it as an absolute certainty that I'll never watch it again so it won't matter.

...and yes I'm going to beat that joke dead cause it's one of the dumbest pieces of writing I've encountered.

It's reached the stage where I have to think it can't possible be THAT bad and have to see it for myself to know for sure..... I'm also a glutton for self punishment. 

I'm pretty certain it'll be something Amazon Prime pick up for free streaming at some point, so I'll wait for that.

Although even then, I'm enjoying the DC TV universe far more than any of their films.

It's reached the stage where I have to think it can't possible be THAT bad and have to see it for myself to know for sure..... I'm also a glutton for self punishment. 

Same here.  Plus, I'm in it for the Atmos.

Carlos.

Wow, just also noticed that the "Ultimate Edition" is going to carry an R rating for violence.   I'll spring for the the disk just to see what's what, having not given them any money in the theaters.

Carlos.

Used my credits on Vudu to buy this one today.  Wife wants to see it way more than I do.  I was willing to wait for the Blu for the Atmos, but she wants to see it tonight.  Go figure.