LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

This isn't out here until the 18th of July. Just as well I suppose as I doubt anything else could make me more miserable than I've been since Thursday night. Finally seeing this movie in my current state of might might just be the thing that sends me completely over the edge. 

This wasn't the worst superhero movie I've ever seen, but it wasn't good, either.  Hated Lois Lane.  Alexander annoyed me.  But I did like Alfred.  Batffleck?  Meh.  Superman still isn't very Superman to me.  

Friggin Superman should mind his own super business. His obsession with the vigilante Batman seemed so stupid. Though I understand why the Bat hates superman. If only he knew Clark's mom's name sooner we could have avoided the whole Damn movie.

So much shit happening in the world, and Superman/Clark Kent freaks out over The Batman?!  That rang SO hollow to me.  Maybe in *that* world there are no suicide bombers or ISIS.  Maybe...

This wasn't the worst superhero movie I've ever seen, but it wasn't good, either.  Hated Lois Lane.  Alexander annoyed me.  But I did like Alfred.  Batffleck?  Meh.  Superman still isn't very Superman to me.  

You watched the directors cut, right? That's the only thing available out there right now, right?

No both are out digitally

Curious which one he watched. The DC restores a good deal of Superman's plot (investigating Batman, expands the whole terrorist angle, etc.) supposedly. In the TC, he's barely a character. More a mopey bitch with zero motivation in doing anything he does outside of saving Lois.

I am tempted to watch the DC tonight, but every inch of my being is screaming NOOOOOOOOOOo

I watched the "long-ass version" last night and been watching original off and on this morning.  Superman/Clark Kent still didn't seem more than someone with a single-track mind in the 3 hr. version.  Surprised how much was cut from the "Jimmy Olson" section.  

From the recent Spider-Man and Deadpool comic...

HuPS1Gk.png

lol...Marvel taking their shots. The tag line though..

NopGQnq.gif

Endured through the 3 hour cut. Dumpster Fire is the only thing I can think of to describe this. There is so much cringeworthy material to get through. Eisenberg is possibly the worst. Every scene with him was so bad. I felt like I was watching Snyder Lucas-ify his career. How fucking terrible was it that every line out of Morpheus was a stupid fucking headline? Holy fuck, this is shit. The only two positives I can take away from this were Wonder Woman and Jeremy Irons as Alfred.

This couldn't be more true....minus the good editor.

-Dean-

It's reached the stage where I have to think it can't possible be THAT bad and have to see it for myself to know for sure..... I'm also a glutton for self punishment. 

Now that you've seen it, Was it that bad?

I think my main take away from it was how boring it felt, and I don't actually sense that specifically has much to do with the fact I watched the obnoxiously titled 'ultimate' cut. The sadistic slow motion lingering on the gun before it fires a bullet into Martha Wayne's face, Jimmy Olsen's similar demise and grotesquely handled attempts to parallel Superman/Zod's destruction with 9/11 are also Snyder at his absolute worst. There's no grace or sense of awe to the central characters anywhere in the movie, just endless noise and glorification of destruction.

I was explaining that scene to a friend over dinner and I found myself literally laughing out loud (though what makes that fight is Batman smashing a sink over Superman's head).