LCVG

Podcasts thread. A thread about podcasts.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone listened to Business Wars?  It’s a documentary style podcast dealing with company rivalries. Each rivalry is a season and each season runs between 5-8 episodes, each running between 23-48 minut

This is also available as a podcast, and you may have heard some buzz about it.  It is an extraordinary account of our journey to the moon by Bill Whittle.  Absolutely fantastic. This is better than a

Exactly. For me, it’s not the accents. It just cheapens the production quality. 

1 hour ago, Carlucci said:

and you may have heard some buzz about it.

Carlos.

Was it Buzz...Aldrin?? LOL

Thanks for sharing and I'll definitely listen...going on a road trip with my parents in a couple days (about 5 hours each way) and a good podcast always makes the time fly!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I’d never listened to a politics podcast until being introduced to Pod Save America a couple of years ago by Romier and Joel.  With how crazy these last 2 years have been, I’ve since added Battleground with David Plouffe and Steve Schmidt (my second favorite behind PSA), The Lincoln Project, FiveThirtyEight Politics, The New Abnormal and What A Day.

That’s not to mention the usual talking head podcasts from CNN and MSNBC, which are just the audio feeds of their television programs: Rachel Maddow (my favorite), Lawrence O’Donnell (closed second), Chris Hayes (moving up my ranks), Anderson Cooper, Joy Reid, and sometimes i can tolerate Chris Cuomo.

I like Pod Save America a lot. Their core audience is domestic of course but I've personally found that it's really good and engaging for those outside of America trying to understand the workings of the political system over there.

'Oh God, What Now?' and 'The Bunker' are good ones for anyone interested in the chaos of politics happening primarily on this side of the Atlantic. Both centre left leaning like Pod Save America just to put that disclaimer out there (as the actual content of these podcasts are best left out of forum discussion). 

I love the Rewatchables. Really fun podcast. At times I do get frustrated when people talk about movies that I know better than they do, where they say something incredibly wrong, making me question whether they actually watched the movie.

But that's just me being a dork who has seen these movies too many times.

It is really fun to listen to this podcast.

10 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

I like Pod Save America a lot. Their core audience is domestic of course but I've personally found that it's really good and engaging for those outside of America trying to understand the workings of the political system over there.

'Oh God, What Now?' and 'The Bunker' are good ones for anyone interested in the chaos of politics happening primarily on this side of the Atlantic. Both centre left leaning like Pod Save America just to put that disclaimer out there (as the actual content of these podcasts are best left out of forum discussion). 

I second Pod Save America for the left perspective. And a good counterweight to that is Ben Shapiro podcast for the right perspective. When something politically charged happens, it is quite insightful to listen to both of those podcasts consecutively. I find myself nodding my head while listening to one, only to be second guessing my previous nod later. Then I wonder if I'm the only person in the world who listens to and enjoys both of these podcasts.

OK, to be fair, listening to two partisan podcasts can also be frustrating. Because you'll listen to one side complain about the other side's bullshit, then you listen to the other podcast and they do or say the exact thing that the other podcast was complaining about... and back and forth like that. THAT can be frustrating. But it is still a really good exercise. Good for the shoulders and the traps.

10 hours ago, foogledricks said:

I second Pod Save America for the left perspective. And a good counterweight to that is Ben Shapiro podcast for the right perspective. When something politically charged happens, it is quite insightful to listen to both of those podcasts consecutively. I find myself nodding my head while listening to one, only to be second guessing my previous nod later. Then I wonder if I'm the only person in the world who listens to and enjoys both of these podcasts.

OK, to be fair, listening to two partisan podcasts can also be frustrating. Because you'll listen to one side complain about the other side's bullshit, then you listen to the other podcast and they do or say the exact thing that the other podcast was complaining about... and back and forth like that. THAT can be frustrating. But it is still a really good exercise. Good for the shoulders and the traps.

I've listened to these such as Pod Save America, Shaperio, Yang etc., and I appreciate when they go into topic with heart and attempt to tackle a topic sincerely from their perspective, but I've also cringed at each when the 'geeked' factor dials up.  I appreciate enthusiasm and authenticity, but when someone gets a little too giddy and lose their grounding for a moment, it's just, yuck!

I also enjoy Common Sense with Dan Carlin, and his other Pod work (His last episode on Hardcore History Addendum with Tom Hanks was awesome!). He's only had a couple Common Sense episodes this year unfortunately, but the couple he's had are damn good must listen!

His geeked moments never both me though, as I feel he's able to remain grounded as he gets geeked, if that makes any sense. It's not like his geeking is pulling back a curtain of any sort, you know who he is fully at all times.

• 3 months later...

Rise from your grave. Anybody have any good ideas for free podcast hosting? My sister and I recorded a podcast, and I'm looking for a free host to get our first episode out there. I'm willing to get out there and sound like a doofus.

I've seen

Transister.fm

Libsyn

Podbean

Simplecast

Anchor

We're just trying our best to get our feet wet so to speak before we look into doing "better". I currently use Audacity and Voicemeeter (Two Microphones one input).