LCVG

The Indie Games Avalanche - All platforms

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vektor 2089 is the 2D top down Wipeout you never knew you wanted, but now need.  $5 on itch.io, if you didn't get the big BLM Bundle recently. It's 2D, it's top down, it's got a purposefully glitchy a

Everybody - Slay the Spire, dammit.

I should get a kickback on steam going by the number of "xxx now owns Stories Untold" I just saw on Steam  Enjoy, guys.

• 2 months later...

I'm thoroughly enjoying my journey with Carto - a puzzler taking the tile rules of Carcassonne with a mild adventure storyline. Connect tiles in the right orientation/layout to solve puzzles + advance the story. Extremely cute art + animation, just enough hints to keep pushing you forward, and an all round "nice" world to explore. I'm about a third of the way through, it's likely under 10 hours, and I'm digging it. Been stumped once that needed a hint online, but the puzzles otherwise have been natural + enjoyable. 

On a bunch of platforms, but free on Xbox Game Pass. 

Has anyone else been playing Hades?  I waited on the Early Access version, but picked it up on the latest Steam sale after all the positive buzz.  Only played maybe 6 or 7 runs, and haven't made it out of the first area yet, but it's really good so far.  It's a roguelike, but with some decent permanent progression.  There's some randomness in the boons you get from the various gods, but you can choose your weapon for the run, so there's a bit of determinism as well.  It also looks like there's only one resource that resets on death, so there should be a way to power through more of the game? 

I also completely missed the shops (purple pools) until my last run, so that's made things easier.  Finally starting to figure out what the door symbols are too (you often have a choice of which room to go to, which can have different rewards). 

5 minutes ago, ChrisBardon said:

Has anyone else been playing Hades?  I waited on the Early Access version, but picked it up on the latest Steam sale after all the positive buzz.  Only played maybe 6 or 7 runs, and haven't made it out of the first area yet, but it's really good so far.  It's a roguelike, but with some decent permanent progression.  There's some randomness in the boons you get from the various gods, but you can choose your weapon for the run, so there's a bit of determinism as well.  It also looks like there's only one resource that resets on death, so there should be a way to power through more of the game? 

I also completely missed the shops (purple pools) until my last run, so that's made things easier.  Finally starting to figure out what the door symbols are too (you often have a choice of which room to go to, which can have different rewards). 

Just started it last night! It's really interesting so far, getting tons of great buzz. 

On 11/1/2020 at 9:03 PM, dogbert said:

Just started it last night! It's really interesting so far, getting tons of great buzz. 

I actually made it as far as Elysium (3rd area) last night with the spear.  The special on it pairs really well with the bonus to backstab damage.   I've been using the "take whichever weapon gives bonus darkness" strategy based on a few recommendations, and have been trying to level up some of those mirror attributes (working towards the next Death Defy).  Another one that I missed was that all of the upgrades in the mirror seem to have multiple states?  The buttons on the left let you swap out different variants on them (all upgraded separately of course), so there's some more customization you can try.  

• 1 month later...

Phogs is an odd one. Like a mix of Noby Noby Boy + Yooka Laylee + a better directed puzzle structure. Two headed sausage dog, either one player controlling both heads, or two players controlling one each. Roll around, solve light puzzles + platformy things, with little pressure, in a bright cartoony, almost wordless world. I can't get my kids interested, but I enjoyed my brief play session. 

On GamePass. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-03-phogs-review-phantastic-stuff

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...