LCVG

Rainbow Six 3 Crashes

Sam P

For some reason, everytime I've attempted the Meat Packing Plant level on RS3 it crashes to the main menu. It's usually right after I open a door or come upon a new area. It would freeze the image and I can hear the XBOX working hard to do something. Then I see the main menu.

Anyone else have this problem?

OK, this is bugging me. I just can't get past the level (because of the constant crashing) and now I can't finish the single-player. And I want to. Not cool. :?

Any suggestions?

I purchased an extended warranty from E.B. which is valid till August of next year, so I still have time. However, the exchanges are for refurbished machines and I'm not too keen on getting one yet.

If this is indeed an optical drive issue, it will likely deteriorate over time and use, correct? Maybe I should just keep using it till it gets worse.

The Exchange plan changed last week and exchanges are now for a one time exchanged of what your purchased (New for new, used for used, refurb for refurb).

Since you purchased under the old plan, you are entitled to the new for new exchange under the new plan, but are not limited to the one time only exchange.

If you worked more, you'd know these things :)

Originally posted by DrunkOM@Dec 7 2003, 04:55 PM

The Exchange plan changed last week and exchanges are now for a one time exchanged of what your purchased (New for new, used for used, refurb for refurb).

Since you purchased under the old plan, you are entitled to the new for new exchange under the new plan, but are not limited to the one time only exchange.

If you worked more, you'd know these things :)

Holy crap! That kicks ass!!!

Thanks Graeme!!

On the advice of DrunkOM, I went back to the store and asked for another disc. To my surprise (the original appeared flawless), the new disc didn't crash at all on the meat packing level. I did have a slight problem when I was playing it later on Co-Op, but that happened with the old disc too. If nothing, the new disc let me get through the single-player for the meat plant and I'm glad.

Probably not the Xbox after all.