LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Trials Fusion Announced (Xbone, PS4, PC, 360)

They've put Free To Play recharge mechanics in my Trials. I think I might cry. Both these new games seem to fundamentally break everything that is holy about the old games.

1080p/60fps on PS4. 

900p/60fps on the Bone.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/11/ps4-and-xbox-one-graphics-disparity-continues-trial-fusion-runs-at-1080p-on-sonys-box-and-900p-on-microsofts/

Trials Fusion hits Wednesday for the PS4, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 (and PC on April 24), and developer RedLynx promises that it runs at a smooth 60 frames per second on all of those systems. It will not, however, run at the same resolution. Ubisoft has confirmed to GamesBeat that Fusion will run at 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox One. Those numbers refer to the number of horizontal lines the game is rendering for every frame of animation.

1080p/60 without a sweat on my PC, too. Far more stable framerate than Evo Gold's crummy port was, despite looking a lot better. Going to have to move it to the SSD in the hope it helps the texture pop in that every version on every platform had before, mind you.

Trials Fusion is marvellous so far from the beta.

Make sure you download that day one patch.

http://b-ten.com/trials-fusion-resolution-day-one-patch-details-revealed/

In an email from Ubisoft’s PR containing our review code for the game, we have officially received details on how Trials Fusion will look on each platform. As their first game to release on multiple platforms at launch, it seems that RedLynx has successfully mastered the art of multiplatform development. As expected, the PS4 and PC versions of the game will be running at 1080p while the Xbox One version will run at 900p after the game’s day one patch. On the other hand, the Xbox 360 version of Trials Fusion will run in native 600p, “like all leading games on the platform”, with each version of the game running at a constant 60 frames-per-second.

Additionally, the game’s day one patch has been detailed, which will increase the resolution of the Xbox One version from 800p to 900p, and will improve the frame-rate of the PS4 version. Other fixes will deal with track central issues, leaderboard issues, and replays not being in sync. The game will release physically and digitally on Xbox One, PS4, and Xbox 360 on April 16th, with the PC version coming later on the 24th

Was hoping there would be parity between the Xbone and PS4 versions so I could play something new on the Xbone, and I prefer the record functions on the Xbone, but I refuse to pay for a version that is inferior. PS4 it is.

-Dean-

I got this last night on PS4. Have only played a little bit thus far. Just unlocked the third set of tracks which starts getting into medium level. I like it. It's Trials. Nothing crazy different. There's nice variety in the levels. I never played Evolution, so having the ability to play tracks other people have made is a cool addition. There's some humour in the game with announcements in certain tracks also.

I got this last night on PS4. Have only played a little bit thus far. Just unlocked the third set of tracks which starts getting into medium level. I like it. It's Trials. Nothing crazy different. There's nice variety in the levels. I never played Evolution, so having the ability to play tracks other people have made is a cool addition. There's some humour in the game with announcements in certain tracks also.

I will most likely pick this up after I tire of Infamous.   Evolution was great fun

As mentioned above I have the PC release ordered, which hits next week but the Beta has the first half of the tracks open. It's more Trials. I love it dearly.

Picked this up for the XB1 as after trying the demo on the PS4 I couldn't get comfortable using the DS4 after having played the first 2 games with the 360 pad. I'm really impressed with the use of the haptic feedback triggers as well. They give enough feedback to know when the rear wheel is beginning to lose grip, but not too much as to mess with the feathering of the throttle that is required for some of the tougher tracks.

I am enjoying the game, but feel Evolution is the better game overall; there was just a lot more content out of the gate. The user created tracks and skill games are helping on the content side of things, but it's a shame that they're all platform specific. Looking forward to see what the DLC packs have in store. 

I've been playing this a lot. I've completed all the easy, medium and hard tracks but, as usual can't get through the experts yet. Got a few platinum medals also but the can be pretty tough. At first it didn't feel like a lot of content, but then the experts opened up and I think it's just right.

I like it a lot.

I know I'm the only one playing on PC; how is everyone getting on with this? I'm enjoying it, and the port is monumentally superior to that of Evolution. Gold (plus the odd Platinum) for everything up to Medium and half of the Hard levels (with the rest Silver), but only the first of the Extreme levels done so far - the rest are just brutal.

I'm at a similar spot, except I haven't completed any of the Extreme tracks (Except the Skill Game) and have less golds on the hard ones.

I didn't find the first Extreme too bad (mind you, I've done all of them in both HD and Evo); it's only on the second that the truly insane ninja stuff starts.

I just downloaded the demo (PS4) of this a couple of days ago, never having heard of Trials before. Damn this game is fun! I love how the physics are such an integral part of the game, they are complex and yet predictable. Rarely have I crashed and not seen it coming, even if it was too late to correct. It's that connection with the rider that makes this one of those "just one more run!" kind of games.

Still loving the game. Got a nice, fat stack of Platinums now. Still can't do the rest of the Extreme levels yet, mind you - they've all got at least one gap that needs you to do the clever brake-feathering thing on a front-wheel landing, and I've not been able to re-learn that trick.