LCVG

2014 TV Show Discussion

JoeyN

I'm not sure when Gotham airs in the UK. I rolled my eyes when I saw a promo picture of Catgirl stealing milk. Are all of the show's rogues gallery villain set ups done with such an embarrassingly obvious wink to the camera?

Yep. The Riddler cameo was baaaad in particular. First episode was fan service the show,

I think the show is a mess at a concept level. Is it a police procedural? If so, why should I care that it's in Gotham? Unless you're going to have Gordon and Bulluck tracking down super villains and if so that's going to be silly. I could see how thus could work if there was a massive jump forward and this followed Gordon and the GCPD with Batman around and in the background aka the Gotham Central comic series but as is it seems like a concept I can't see stretched out for very long.

The writers were talking about dropping hints for the Joker being eventually revealed but if he's not inevitably going to face Batman - who cares?

They have said the show will time jump between seasons, and batman will show up eventually.

Having a show about Gotham that doesn't feature Batman prominently seems like a big problem.  I'll keep watching as I'm curious to see how they handle this but I wasn't very pulled in by the pilot.  It seems like it would have been much simpler to make a TV show out of Batman Year One that features Batman and Gordon's early crime-fighting days in Gotham.

Was the comedian in Mooney's club supposed to be the future Joker?

Did anyone catch Scorpion last night? Kind of Reminds me of the Show Numb3rs from years back. Ill give it a few more episodes b4 deleting it of my season pass

Haven't watched it yet, but I liked Numb3rs.

The "Gotham" pilot was okay, but agree that they were way ham-fisted with cramming all these future Batman allies/enemies into one episode.  As I said on Angel's FB, they need to watch Arrow to see how to do this sort of thing properly...

I have Scorpion on the Tivo.  Will watch by this weekend.  Gotham gets 1 or 2 more episodes from me.

You're giving it more of a chance than I am. I finished the pilot a little bit ago and it's pretty much Agents of Shield territory. If it gets good, I'll check it out down the line but this isn't one that I care to sit through its growing pains to find out.

By the end of the episode where we see little girl Ivy standing near the plant with a water bottle in hand, I already had a headache from all the eye rolls.  

I did, however, like the look of the show.  Also, I felt the acting was solid.  Except for Jada Pinkett Smith.  I don't remember her in anything other than Demon Knight but I couldn't believe how bad she was.