LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Starhawk

WWE Discussion - Is that a hybrid or is Steph just happy to see me?

Yeah the two big matches were great. I hope they do a proper Finn vs AJ build up and do it again at Survivor series.

Anyone else watch Takeover last night? Good event, but the biggest surprise was the Allistar Black vs Velventeen Dream match. That was terrific.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeyN said:

Anyone else watch Takeover last night? Good event, but the biggest surprise was the Allistar Black vs Velventeen Dream match. That was terrific.

Last night's show was terrific! The weak link was the women's match, and it was still good. Good luck matching the show, Survivor Series! Aleister Black is fantastic, and I was pleasantly surprised by Velveteen Dream. Great match. War Games itself was very entertaining. I couldn't believe how much blood there was, and it all appeared to be hardway. There are going to be some sore wrestlers this morning.

War Games was good, and I really enjoyed it. However I hope next time they do a proper war games. No cage top, and not having the guys enter one by one really kills the build up. 

• Like 1

Long story, but I'm sitting 5th row ringside at WWE Raw tonight. Looks like our back are to the cameras, but I'm at the edge of my row.  I've got no idea what to expect. 

Carlos. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Carlucci said:

Long story, but I'm sitting 5th row ringside at WWE Raw tonight. Looks like our back are to the cameras, but I'm at the edge of my row.  I've got no idea what to expect. 

Carlos. 

Have fun, going to shows is much better then watching on TV. 

This was supposedly the first one Paul Heyman at the wheel. Not sure how much influence he had this soon though. I saw that spot where Lashley went through the LED screen 👌

It was a hoot!  Had a blast the entire time, except for the awkward periods where you know the are on commercial breaks. They showed us commercials!  They should do something special for the live audience during those breaks. 

The "injured fighters" deal was a head scratcher to me. They hyped it as a "falls-count-anywhere" match, so I was sure that after they got fake injured and loaded into the ambulances, that they were going to go to a remote shot where they would duke it out at the hospital, or ambulance bay, or something, anything. But that was the last we saw of those two dudes.  Guess they are both going on vacation?

We went because my mother in law is a huge wrestling fan, and she's losing the ability to move around as arthritis is taking its toll, so my wife's sister sprang for tickets for us, as long as we would be the ones to take her mom. 

I was right there with my MIL. hollering,  booing,  and cheering. She had an amazing time. 

Carlos. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Carlucci said:

It was a hoot!  Had a blast the entire time, except for the awkward periods where you know the are on commercial breaks. They showed us commercials!  They should do something special for the live audience during those breaks. 

This is a brand new thing that everyone seems to hate. A few weeks ago Vince made the call that they weren't going to have wrestling during commercial breaks any longer. I've heard it's super awkward in person just like you said. 

@Carlucci - I haven't watched a minute of WWE since Wrestlemania (got burned out, and the stories have been lame), but it sounds like last night's show was the best in a LONG time. I might watch it tonight on Hulu...

50 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

This is a brand new thing that everyone seems to hate. A few weeks ago Vince made the call that they weren't going to have wrestling during commercial breaks any longer. I've heard it's super awkward in person just like you said. 

Lol it was awkward before also. Half the time everyone would be knocked out on the floor.