LCVG

Battlestar Galactica

Chris F

Well, I was pleasantly surprised with the mini-series opening episode tonight on SciFi.

I watched the original series as a kid, and loved it, although I know now it was not that good of a show. I was a bit afraid of the changes I had read about, but when all was said and done, and the first episode was over, it was fantastic.

The darker story, the little throwbacks to the original series, the acting, the special effects. It was very enjoyable. I was also glad they didn't sacrifice the story for all out action. It was surprising that the action was very low key, as I expected it to feature mostly that, but instead it was more about the story.

Edward James Olmos was excellent as Adama, and I like the girl who plays Starbuck. I also like the way the setup the Galactica as the last Battlestar. It was very well thought out IMO.

Excellent start, and I hope that it becomes a series, if they can maintain the quality of the mini-series so far.

Pleh ..... Starbuck should have been left a guy. :evil:

Most of you are not even old enough to remember BG when it was new. But for those of us that are, we did not care that the hairstyles were soooooo 80-ish, and the scenery was lacking in areas, we tuned in each and every week to watch Starbuck and Apollo kick Cylon butt. And I so very well remember the episode when they had to use the female pilots. It was fantastic !!

But thinking on it ..... I don't think anyone around would be able to play Starbuck the way Dirk Benedict did. From what I managed to see before leaving for work ..... it look interesting so far. But I really don't like the chick.

Most of you are not even old enough to remember BG when it was new. But for those of us that are, we did not care that the hairstyles were soooooo 80-ish, and the scenery was lacking in areas, we tuned in each and every week to watch Starbuck and Apollo kick Cylon butt. And I so very well remember the episode when they had to use the female pilots. It was fantastic !!

I remember it. I also remember how stupidly cheesy it was. I also remember how boring it was at times and how they constantly reused the same footage over and over when stuff blew up and think how lame that was.

I really liked this new one and hope they make a series out of it but I doubt they will.

hope they make a series out of it but I doubt they will.

From reading some of the information about the mini-series over at the official site, it seems that a new show is a distinct possibility.

The producer says that this mini-series was created as a pilot for a new show. Hopefully Sci Fi will stick to it and we'll have a new BG show sometime in the near future.

I thought it was fantastic. The story line is great - dark, with fallible characters and the feeling that any one of them could go at any time. The sound effects are freakin' perfect. It's about time that space battles don't sound like WWII dogfights. The visual effects are great, too - I love the dark space scenes - the lighting is spot-on.

I can't wait for tonight.

I really liked it. The part where they jump out and leave the non light drive ships behind was really well done. You get a huge sense of dread and fear.

It left me wanting more also!

I didn't think the commercial breaks were too bad. It wasn't like normal network television as far as commercial spacing goes.

• 1 month later...