LCVG

Free Subsciption to EGM

Starhawk

Its legit. The magazines make money off advertising, not subscriptions. So there are a ton of ways to get free subscriptions to magazines. More people with subscriptions means more advertising dollars. Just use a free yahoo email address and never give your phone number and you'll be fine. You'll get renewal notices in the mail but just toss them. Never sign up for a free magazine that requires a credit card number, that would be stupid. I have free sub to Stuff Magazine till 2015, Maxim until 2010, Blender till 2007, FHM till 2005, Sporting News till next year, Biography till next year, Computer Gaming World and EGM till next year, XBox Nation and PSM also till next year or so.

Originally posted by FreakTornado@Dec 10 2003, 04:12 PM

I wonder if this is a way to harvest email addresses for spamming...

Even so I'm registering, but with an email address that will be screened for spam.

Just as likely is your physical address that will be bombarded by spam. After all, you just gave them your legit one, right?

Originally posted by Sam P+Dec 10 2003, 01:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sam P @ Dec 10 2003, 01:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FreakTornado@Dec 10 2003, 04:12 PM

I wonder if this is a way to harvest email addresses for spamming...

Even so I'm registering, but with an email address that will be screened for spam.

Just as likely is your physical address that will be bombarded by spam. After all, you just gave them your legit one, right? [/b]

Good point, but for whatever reason I find it easier to tolerate junk mail vs. spam.

Good point, but for whatever reason I find it easier to tolerate junk mail vs. spam.

Yeah, ditto, cause the junk I get in the mail doesn't constantly ask if I need a bigger penis, lure me into scams and pyramid schemes and do so while disguising themselves as innocuous messages from long lost friends. Despicable.

Just as likely is your physical address that will be bombarded by spam. After all, you just gave them your legit one, right?

I get my "freebie" Gamepros & certain other game mags sent to my work address (many other people get work related mags sent there too). I haven't noticed a big jump in junk mail, there's the /occasional/ piece - maybe one a month at most. I get much more true "work related" junk mail from Microsoft & similiar companies.

At home, I do get the occasional Playboy junk mail because of my freebie FHM, Maxim & Stuff subs.

I already have a subscription to EGM. If I sign up with this will it extend that subscription by a year or will I just start getting 2 issues every month?

Just use the same spelling of name and address and they should just extend your subscription. All the ones I have are extensions of previous freebies. If I see a CGW again I'll post it here. If you do end up getting 2 just call them up and request that they be combined into 1 subscription.

Don't use any email address that you use for other stuff. You will get more spam, yahoo and hotmail addresses are free so just make a new one and use it for this. Also sometimes they ask for your phone number. I use a number that is a few apartments old. They'll eventually find you through your address but it takes longer. If they call just tell them to never call again and they won't. And never ever sign up for one that requests a credit card number. If you give them a number, even if the mag is free, they will automatically bill you for renewal. If they don't have a number all they can do is send you renewal notices in the mail which you can just throw away.

• 2 months later...
Has anyone ever gotten any of these? I am still waiting for my "free" Maxim, Stuff and Game pro.

I filled out the ones for Maxim, Stuff, TV Guide and PC Magazine back around the same time, but the only thing I've recieved is a trial electronic edition of PC Magazine. And what kinda annoys me is that when they asked my preference, I had chose to get the hard copy edition, not the electronic one. That aside, the E-edition PC Mag is still kinda cool, with it's own program that allows you to read as though you are flipping through a real magazine. More over, the quality is very good and not difficult to read. But in the end, I still perfer a hardcopy I bring to the can with me. :green:

ToiletBoy-2001.jpg

I dunno, I've never had any hassles with these free mag offers, particularly the ones from freebizmags.

I get Maxim, FHM, EGM, GamePro, XBN, OXBM, PSM, CGW, CGM, Esquire & Stuff for free through these deals.

Actually thinking of cancelling my free Stuff sub as it really isn't worth the paper it's printed on, and I feel my IQ drops each month after I read it for five minutes.